05-13-17 09:44 AM
50 12
tools
    Good reason to keep an old phone around for emergencies like this. You would be without a phone if you dropped it in the toilet too.
    I agree with you though. It would be nice if the person you called would walk you through a reload before telling you to send it in. It takes time though, so he is taking the easy way, for him.
    04-21-17 07:54 AM
    This thread confirms my suspicions about Android. It's garbage.
    What Android have you used then?
    Ethynil likes this.
    04-21-17 08:01 AM
    Did they offer to send you a loaner phone to use while your phone is being repaired?
    04-21-17 09:11 AM
    wife has a dtek50 and a friend of mine and both have good experience , both dislike android and ios
    04-21-17 10:25 AM
    And this is my first Android experience. I really don't see what that has to do with texting and using my camera. I get messages all the time saying "The keyboard has stopped working." , "Messages has stopped working." These are the constant issues I have with this device.[/QUOTE]

To clear up your misunderstanding "I really don't see......." to put it bluntly, You have a corrupt OS. Any number of things can cause a system file to become unstable and it only takes one system file to cause problems.

Your Device is fine. Reload the OS as suggested.
    You might also cruise over to "Android Central" (a part of Mobile Nations) for a more in depth description of all things Android.
    kurhaus likes this.
    04-21-17 10:57 AM
    Have 2 Dtek 50's in the house. Both the wife and daughter love them. No complaints at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 02:36 PM
    Yeah, because you get awesome support from BlackBerry and the BB10 team @ BlackBerry is supported by the company so well.....

Posted via CB10
    Actually I'm not getting any of that.

BB10 is doomed, the sky is blue and Android is garbage.
    04-21-17 03:16 PM
    This thread confirms my suspicions about Android. It's garbage.

One person's garbage is another person's treasure.
    04-21-17 03:20 PM
    One person's garbage is another person's treasure.
    Except for iOS, which sux ballz either way.
    04-21-17 04:46 PM
    Except for iOS, which sux ballz either way.
    in your opinion!
    04-21-17 11:11 PM
    04-21-17 11:31 PM
    There comes an age when you should no longer feel the need to get attention from others with opinions that no one cares about anyway.
    That age is 11
    Ethynil likes this.
    04-21-17 11:45 PM
    We bought two Dtek50s. One for my teen son who uses the heck out of it and another for my MIL. Both working great. Zero problems.
    Ethynil likes this.
    04-28-17 11:03 PM
    I am SO disappointed with the DTek50. I've had BB after BB after BB since 2008. A loyal BB customer I've been! I've always told my friends I will never switch but this is my last BlackBerry.

Since the week I got it I've been having problems. The keyboard stops working, the HUB stops working, Messages stops works, the camera stops working... I called a month ago and the guy helped clear all of the data and Force Stop all of these apps but that did nothing. Finally today after missing the chance to take a picture of my daughter's cast being removed BECAUSE MY CAMERA STOPPED WORKING I called again to demand a new phone! ...That's not part of the warranty process. I'd have to send this one in, let them see IF they encounter the problems I sporadically, yet frequently, encounter, then they'd fix it and send it back. Who the heck would be OK without a phone for a week or two?? Are you serious? I've paid so much money to BlackBerry over the years and this is the way I'm treated??

This phone is terrible. BB's have always been buggy but this is beyond and I'm not even joking. I've asked the reps if it's just mine or are they all this way but they never responded to that question. Am I the only one?? I'm done with BB. Guess I'll have to try Samsung. D:
    Why would you want a Scumsung...you want to exchange a buggy phone, for an overly expensive one that will blow up in your face?!

Respect My Autoritah!
    04-29-17 05:36 AM
    Why would you want a Scumsung...you want to exchange a buggy phone, for an overly expensive one that will blow up in your face?!
    Well I didn't -want- to! I just was at my wits end with this phone and upset with BB for their lack of help. I've since then did the OS reload and things are good right now. But we shall see!
    05-09-17 08:48 AM
    Your Device is fine. Reload the OS as suggested.
    I did the OS reload and everything has been good! I'm kind of waiting for something to happen but so far so good. This is better than when I first got the phone. The first week I had it, I received my first error. So we're good for now!!
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    05-09-17 08:51 AM
    Did they offer to send you a loaner phone to use while your phone is being repaired?
    Ha, no!! I told the supervisor flat out "I'm sure you wouldn't be ok without a phone for however many days it takes!" and he said "No, I wouldn't be."
    05-09-17 08:53 AM
    We bought two Dtek50s. One for my teen son who uses the heck out of it and another for my MIL. Both working great. Zero problems.
    Thanks for the feedback. I knew that there was something wrong with mine in particular. I did the OS reload as everyone suggested and I think I'm all fixed up!
    05-09-17 08:54 AM
    Have 2 Dtek 50's in the house. Both the wife and daughter love them. No complaints at all.

Posted via CB10
    Mine just happened to be a lone one with bugs. :/ I did the OS reload and I think I'm right along with your two good DTeks now!
    awindsr likes this.
    05-09-17 08:55 AM
    Good reason to keep an old phone around for emergencies like this. You would be without a phone if you dropped it in the toilet too.
    You know what, I DO have my old phone. I've kept everyone one of them for nostalgia but I didn't even think of using that one in the meantime LOL. The rep didn't even suggest that, and no one else here did either!

I did complete the OS reload and everything is great so far. If I have any more problems I will certainly send it in and use the old phone in the meantime. Thanks so much for the suggestion!
    05-09-17 08:59 AM
    So, just to reiterate... it appears that Android is Garbage, iOS sucks and BB10 is Doomed.

So, that's that! Job well done. You can all go home now and settle in and learn all about your new Touch-Tone Land line Telephone and reflect how much better they are than these mobile devices that.. if all the complaining is any indication...you all never had much time to actually use anyway.

Oh, and don't forget to leave your useless smartphone's at the door on your way out. They'll make nice gifts for someone who knows how to appreciate what they have.
    05-09-17 12:26 PM
    Oh.. and GO5?
    Glad you got your device running!! Way to go!! (put your phone in your pocket on the way out. )
    05-09-17 12:29 PM
    Glad you have a good working phone again. My girls love that phone. Only real issue is with the 16 gig onboard as my daughter loads the phone up with teenager crap and has to pay attention to that fact. All in all, both enjoy their phones immensely. Great phone for the 299.00 price tag I picked them up for.
    I also have a minimum of 4 ,BB 10 phones ready as backups in case of any situation I encounter. I'm never without a phone. I still have a brand new Q5 that I haven't even used yet.
    I have 3 Q5 ready for use and a Z10. I'm haven't switched to a newer BlackBerry as I prefer BB10, and all my phones still function properly.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-11-17 10:56 AM
    Mine too , can't use any of the BlackBerry services apps and other apps ,says screen overlay detected and can't turn it off even tried turning off the productivity tab way . This happened when I installed "Zen UI file Explorer" .please help really frustrating.
    05-13-17 07:36 AM
    We just had to send ours in to BlackBerry for service. Phone went black. All troubleshooting on our end and the tech's did not work. We have two Leaps that we keep for backups so my son is using one for now while we wait for the Dtek label to be emailed which is taking forever.
    05-13-17 09:44 AM
50 12