Nope.

DTEK60 / Z30
    My bad. Fixed.
    02-18-17 05:45 PM
    As much as I love my Dtek50 and I do love it to death, it will be the last 16GB phone I'll ever buy.
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-18-17 08:30 PM
    As much as I love my Dtek50 and I do love it to death, it will be the last 16GB phone I'll ever buy.
    Buy a U3 memory card and set it up as extended device memory.
    02-18-17 08:40 PM
    Buy a U3 memory card and set it up as extended device memory.
    I have a 128GB U3 card set up as adoptable storage in it. My problem is with Android. I guess with so many "customizable" versions including BlackBerry marshmallow apps that would be stored on external memory in another phone I have, are stored on internal memory on the Dtek50 so your kinda stuck after a while. I'm not complaining it's just that I have to think more about memory management than I would using a phone with more memory.

I use the phone and it is a great phone but after 6 months of use now I have to adopt a "ruthless" attitude as to any new apps I put on it, even though my SD card is 80% empty.

First world problems
    02-18-17 09:37 PM
    I went down to a local store the other day to have a look in person at the DTEK50 and i was pleasantly surprised. The device felt very nice in the hand.

I did do a little bit of 'cheating' haha ^_^ as @conite mentioned i changed the animation speed to .5x in development settings so from now on when people play with the device in the store it will look quicker and may sway them to buy. :P

Thanks for the positive review @tstrike34, still trying to persuade some family members to pick up a DTEK50 or 60.
    falbo and meattray like this.
    02-19-17 12:45 AM
    I went down to a local store the other day to have a look in person at the DTEK50 and i was pleasantly surprised. The device felt very nice in the hand.

I did do a little bit of 'cheating' haha ^_^ as @conite mentioned i changed the animation speed to .5x in development settings so from now on when people play with the device in the store it will look quicker and may sway them to buy. :P

Thanks for the positive review @tstrike34, still trying to persuade some family members to pick up a DTEK50 or 60.
    I am a true BlackBerry vet: 7520, 7610, 7100 ptt, sheesh. It's about time BBry gave us a reasonable phone with ergo pricing.

This fits the bill.
    02-19-17 12:58 AM
    Go to settings / about and tap on the build number several times. Once enabled, developer settings will appear on your settings screen. Just don't touch anything else in there - just the 3 animation tabs.
    Just add, you have to back out of the about screen to get to the developer settings. (For us non professionals).
    Does it affect the battery? What should I see now that I did it?
    02-19-17 06:28 AM
    Just add, you have to back out of the about screen to get to the developer settings. (For us non professionals).
    Does it affect the battery? What should I see now that I did it?
    No affect on battery.

Just the animations (opening and closing apps, swiping through homescreens, bringing up other menus, etc) are sped up.
    02-19-17 08:56 AM
    No affect on battery.

Just the animations (opening and closing apps, swiping through homescreens, bringing up other menus, etc) are sped up.
    My gosh, its lightening quick with no visible strain. Also, Google Voice works AMAZING. The reason why I really bought DTEK50 was for my overseas trips that I am WiFi only and I need to be secure. I hated the unfair and biased review from ZDNet about its security. DTEK50 is the closest with a "Blackphone" that I have been looking for.

Lets see:

WhatsApp - End to End encryption
    Signal
    Virtru
    And Blackberry's tough credentialing system

Thats a pretty secure phone (If yall have other ideas, I am all ears). I have no plans to put a carrier chip in unless I am overseas... My question is that if I do so, does that lowers the security profile of the phone?
    02-19-17 10:21 AM
    No affect on battery.

Thanks, Conite. It's much faster!!! Not something you can find in the instructions!!
    02-19-17 12:24 PM
    I got one to replace my wife's Z10 - she does not want a pkb. She's loving it so far. I know that the it would be awesome to have a device with BB10 and all the apps, but that ain't happening. If you are like me I spent a lot of time in the forums deciding to get a BlackBerry android. Go ahead, this phone is a good bargain.
    Johnny Dollar and brian4591 like this.
    02-19-17 05:39 PM
    Nice tip Conite. Definitely snappier.
    I'm also pleased after 2 months with my dtek50 I agree with most previous comments, photos are good, battery as mentioned In not a heavy user but I get buy with a charge every evening. Certainly isn't going to get you far into the next day. Security updates have been fairly on time.
    One thing that I think is a must is the genuine BlackBerry case. It adds loads of features to the phone and preserves the battery by putting it in sleep mode when closed.
    Good to have a device where I can get any app now and not feel like a social outcast, even if I do barely use it at least I don't have to tell people that I can't anymore .
    tstrike34 likes this.
    02-20-17 01:52 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I've set it on mine to give it a try.

Appreciate your help!

Steve
    02-20-17 05:05 PM
    Done and done! Thanks for the tip, seems to work as advertised. I feel so empowered!
    Ethynil likes this.
    02-20-17 11:22 PM
    My sister is getting one also. She is very high (like me) on have a secure phone.

Blackberry security locking down the Droid platform? She was stunned after I showed her my phone.
    Ethynil likes this.
    02-20-17 11:34 PM
    Doesn't it lower your security ratings by turning developer mode on?
    02-23-17 05:55 AM
    Doesn't it lower your security ratings by turning developer mode on?
    It did on my Dtek50.
    02-23-17 07:48 AM
    I've been playing around with my wife's DTEK50 since last summer. It's pretty good other than battery life. No major complaints.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    02-23-17 07:51 AM
    Enabling Developer Mode does indicate lowered security status on your device but it's still rated by DTEK as "EXCELLENT" with some comments. Therefore, it may be a compromise to having faster animations. I'm not sure if there are any other security risks associated with turning on the feature but, perhaps, another expert in the forum could provide additional info.
    02-23-17 08:55 AM
    So to change the animations the developer mode has to be on all the time?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 01:34 PM
    So to change the animations the developer mode has to be on all the time?

Posted via CB10
    Yes
    02-23-17 01:35 PM
    Yes
    Holy crap. I never thought my phone was slow by any means, but after making that adjustment I can't believe how noticeably faster everything seems. Probably the best tip I have seen on these boards. Thank you!!
    02-24-17 06:25 PM
    $299 cdn at my local staples.
    02-26-17 03:24 PM
    .5x

DTEK60 / Z30
    Instantaneous improvement! Thanks for the tip! Just rediscovered the forums!
    02-27-17 04:04 PM
49 12