Has anybody got the update for assistant
    03-03-17 12:19 PM
    Not yet hope I get it on my Priv
    03-03-17 12:30 PM
    It's supposed to be released in U.S. initially with Canada and Europe to follow.

It comes as an update to Google Play Store, so it doesn't show as a discreet app, apparently.
    03-03-17 03:34 PM
    It's supposed to be released in U.S. initially with Canada and Europe to follow.

It comes as an update to Google Play Store, so it doesn't show as a discreet app, apparently.
    Combination of both Google and Google Play Services apps.

More importantly, it may require a server-side switch.
    Last edited by conite; 03-03-17 at 05:14 PM.
    Ethynil likes this.
    03-03-17 04:32 PM
    Combination of both Google and Google Play Services apps.

More importantly, it may require a server-side switch.
    I had a Google update yesterday, but I haven't seen a Google Play Services update. Verizon Priv. Is there supposed to be something different to look for with Google Assistant as opposed to the regular OK Google?
    03-03-17 05:20 PM
    I had a Google update yesterday, but I haven't seen a Google Play Services update. Verizon Priv. Is there supposed to be something different to look for with Google Assistant as opposed to the regular OK Google?
    Yes. You will notice the difference right away.
    03-03-17 05:24 PM
    Yes. You will notice the difference right away.
    Can you show a screenshot of the Google Assistant interface?
    03-04-17 09:36 AM
    Any idea when its coming to India?
    03-06-17 09:58 AM
    General roll out begins today according to Google. Got mine.

See the demo video (on a Pixel) but the info is universal:

03-08-17 04:42 PM
    Yup, got it on all my DTEK50, DTEK60 and Priv.
    Ethynil likes this.
    03-09-17 12:08 PM
    Blaize.
    Any secrets to getting it? None of my three 50, 60 or Priv has received it yet. All Google related issues are up to date. Thanks in advance
    03-09-17 07:56 PM
    Just got it on my Verizon Priv this morning. Only thing I see different from that video posted above is that it doesn't wake the Priv up from sleeping with OK Google. Maybe a setting somewhere, I don't know.
    03-10-17 08:24 AM
    Just got it on my Verizon Priv this morning. Only thing I see different from that video posted above is that it doesn't wake the Priv up from sleeping with OK Google. Maybe a setting somewhere, I don't know.
    I found the setting. But turning it off, then on, and even restarting the phone won't let it wake up with OK Google. This would be very helpful while using hands free in the car so the screen doesn't have to stay on. Perhaps a BlackBerry security thing?
    03-10-17 08:46 AM
    Any secrets to getting it? None of my three 50, 60 or Priv has received it yet. All Google related issues are up to date. Thanks in advance
    Try activating your existing Google Search on your device. If GA has been installed in recent updates, it will announce itself and ask you to set some config settings.

I don't think you can request it as an update, it comes as an automatic update from Google Play.

If you do not have updates set to automatically be installed, open Google Play and see if any updates are outstanding, and select Update All
    03-10-17 10:43 AM
    Just noticed a glitch in GA, that it does not recognize shared notes in Google Keep.

We have two DTEK50's..each of us has our own Google account, but we share (collaborate) on several Google Keep notes.

When a shopping list is created in Google Assistant, GA uses Keep for the list.

However the shared list is not recognized by the secondary (shared user)'s Google Assistant.

You cannot share and synchronize shopping lists using Google Assistant because GA doesn't recognize the shared Keep list.
    03-10-17 10:49 AM
    I also got Google Assistant after receiving the March 5th update earlier this evening. However, I noticed that CB10 topics loads a bit slower than before. I'm not sure if it will speed up after a while.
    03-10-17 05:28 PM
    Blaize.
    It has to be activated server-side. You can do nothing but wait.
    kurhaus likes this.
    03-10-17 05:36 PM
    GA will also launch and play selections associated with Google Play Music app, by asking for an associated playlist, song or artist. May require some screen interaction. If connected online, it will search and play a selection from an online source.
    03-14-17 01:46 PM
    Still waiting on my DTEK60. My brother got it on his DTEK50. I was playing around on the weekend and somehow managed to get it and then the next day, it had reverted to Google Now.

How many of us are still waiting?
    03-27-17 08:05 AM
    It has to be activated server-side. You can do nothing but wait.
    I just stopped at my carrier Virgin Mobile to ask about google assistant and my DTEK50. He said it has nothing to do with Virgin, and it depends on the newness of your phone. He said DTEK50 doesn't have it.
    03-29-17 04:57 PM
    I just stopped at my carrier Virgin Mobile to ask about google assistant and my DTEK50. He said it has nothing to do with Virgin, and it depends on the newness of your phone. He said DTEK50 doesn't have it.
    Not true. It has to do with Google's servers.

In Canada, if you switch to English US, all BlackBerry Android devices get assistant within a couple of hours.
    03-29-17 05:16 PM
    Not true. It has to do with Google's servers.

In Canada, if you switch to English US, all BlackBerry Android devices get assistant within a couple of hours.
    I just switched to English US. Do I get an update notification in the next couple of hours? Thanks.
    03-29-17 05:24 PM
    I just switched to English US. Do I get an update notification in the next couple of hours? Thanks.
    It just happens.
    03-29-17 05:35 PM
    It just happens.
    Okay I am waiting for the magic to happen. I'll let you know.
    03-29-17 05:37 PM
    Okay I am waiting for the magic to happen. I'll let you know.
    Sometimes just switching to US English is not enough. The magic happens when you learn to speak it.
    03-29-17 08:24 PM
36 12