My husbands DTEK50 is stuck in safe mode.,, and had so many problems (shutting down ect.). His Company is finally getting rid of their last Blackberry
    He’s getting a Huawei P20 Pro

He had a super Blackberry Boss, that left a few years ago and they switched out of BB. The rest of them have the most ridiculous phones but more indestructible and SO small you can't read it. How on earth they could get rid of BB for these stupid things, is amazing.

My and my son are the only ones left with BB.
    And he has the red line priv that BB would not fix (even though it was before 1 year .. they couldn’t figure out their own account slip .. stupid)

He liked BB
    04-09-19 11:34 AM
    Sad thing is.... probable won't have any issues with the Huawei P20 Pro, and he'll wonder why he didn't move on to a higher teir hardware manufacture long ago.
    towngirl likes this.
    04-09-19 11:50 AM
    Sad thing is.... probable won't have any issues with the Huawei P20 Pro, and he'll wonder why he didn't move on to a higher teir hardware manufacture long ago.
    He will like the camera. He is into photography. We will be fighting for it, when we go out... I'll win! lmao

But I hear there is a funny layout on screen? I don't know, we'll see.
    04-09-19 11:53 AM
    But I hear there is a funny layout on screen?
    It's set up with a skin called EMUI which attempts to look like an Iphone. That is the default setup but it can be altered (app drawer setup) in the Settings. Personally, I'm not averse to using EMUI but there are certainly haters out there.
    towngirl likes this.
    04-09-19 11:59 AM
    Thanks
    04-09-19 12:03 PM
    That’s huge upgrade over dtek50 lol.
    towngirl likes this.
    04-09-19 12:37 PM
    That’s huge upgrade over dtek50 lol.
    I believe the dtek50 was the only BB they could get by provider. So obviously, price was not a problem.

Some of them have choices.. the others, do not.
    04-09-19 12:52 PM
    No issues with Huawei P20... check out forums! Good luck!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and towngirl like this.
    04-09-19 03:31 PM
    My husbands DTEK50 is stuck in safe mode.,, and had so many problems (shutting down ect.). His Company is finally getting rid of their last Blackberry
    He’s getting a Huawei P20 Pro

He had a super Blackberry Boss, that left a few years ago and they switched out of BB. The rest of them have the most ridiculous phones but more indestructible and SO small you can't read it. How on earth they could get rid of BB for these stupid things, is amazing.

My and my son are the only ones left with BB.
    And he has the red line priv that BB would not fix (even though it was before 1 year .. they couldn’t figure out their own account slip .. stupid)

He liked BB
    Im not sure where you are based but I run a small business in the South West of England and I take security seriously I would only use BB as all the new handsets can do everything you need

The last thing I would do is use a handset that the American government are even concerned about !
    04-17-19 01:39 PM
    Im not sure where you are based but I run a small business in the South West of England and I take security seriously I would only use BB as all the new handsets can do everything you need

The last thing I would do is use a handset that the American government are even concerned about !
    I don't think companies care much, any more. I was working for a hosp/univ that did away with them. They were all about BB and security but everyone wanted better phones and camera's so they got rid of BB.

And using Android, you are using Android security .. not BB - as it was.
    04-17-19 02:50 PM
    Ever wonder why they are concerned? Wouldn't be any politics or protectionism or paranoia perhaps?
    04-17-19 02:57 PM
    Ever wonder why they are concerned? Wouldn't be any politics or protectionism or paranoia perhaps?

It is a difficult choice do I trust the US government or do I trust a Chinese company
    Our own people in the UK are now questioning this company
    I also like it when my customers see the email signature
    Sent from my Blackberry smartphone the most secure device !
    04-18-19 03:34 AM
    I have dtek50 on the back it says made in China
    towngirl likes this.
    05-17-19 10:35 AM
    lol probably why phones cost so much in Canada

Anyway, he got a Samsung 9, instead. Nice camera. More how I would like BB cameras to be.
    05-17-19 11:59 AM
    It dtek 50 spec it can't meet full marathon.
    I had kept phone in drawer.
    I'm using BlackBerry motion.
    06-05-19 10:01 AM
    [QUOTE=yeo123;13400011]It dtek 50 spec it can't meet full marathon.
    I had kept phone in drawer.
    I'm using BlackBerry motion.[/QUOTE

I don't think companies care much, any more. I was working for a hosp/univ that did away with them. They were all about BB and security but everyone wanted better phones and camera's so they got rid of BB.
    11-20-19 04:51 AM