So the wife ran over her monthly 4Gb allowance yesterday after only 2 weeks. Gmail is shown as the culprit using 4.4Gb so far. No change in usage and mostly connected to WiFi at home and work. Had phone since November and no issues until now. No new apps installed etc. Just Gmail eating cellular data. Any advice or similar experiences? I run a Dtek60 with similar setup and for the same period Gmail usage is 9.9Mb. Both phones updated to latest January patch about 2 weeks ago.
    01-28-17 07:16 AM
    While not being able to help with diagnosis, you can use the Hub only, force stop/disable Gmail and restrict it from using data in the background.
    01-28-17 09:15 AM
    Gmail doesn't just eat cellular data. There has to be an underlying cause like sending or receiving very large email attachments.

I would check the data usage on the mobile app of your cellular provider to pinpoint the cause.
    01-28-17 12:35 PM
    So the wife ran over her monthly 4Gb allowance yesterday after only 2 weeks. Gmail is shown as the culprit using 4.4Gb so far. No change in usage and mostly connected to WiFi at home and work. Had phone since November and no issues until now. No new apps installed etc. Just Gmail eating cellular data. Any advice or similar experiences? I run a Dtek60 with similar setup and for the same period Gmail usage is 9.9Mb. Both phones updated to latest January patch about 2 weeks ago.
    Disable Gmail and answer yes to use stock version. This will kill Gmail and use Hub.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    01-29-17 09:29 PM