I HATE the android top bar notifications. I just get annoyed by seeing an app icon there. Any work around strategy to remove them but still get a pulse notification light? Yooh I am so annoyed as I am typing this.
    10-21-17 05:34 AM
    I HATE the android top bar notifications. I just get annoyed by seeing an app icon there. Any work around strategy to remove them but still get a pulse notification light? Yooh I am so annoyed as I am typing this.
    Android is such a headache I must admit.
    10-21-17 05:37 AM
    There's a tedious way not to get notifications from apps by going into settings and selecting each app. Then set Block All Notifications.
    10-21-17 08:34 AM
    I have tried that..but then notifications do not show on the hub. I don't wanna see those app icons on the status bar I only want to access the notifications via the hub not the drop down status bar. Now I am currently using a third party app called "Status Bar" to hide them but the app interferes with the camera's menu... 😨
    10-21-17 08:46 AM
    Few solutions:

1. Status Bar (which you already seem to be using);

It's highly customizable. I believe there is a way to address the camera issue you describe.

One problem with this app though: the Developer announced on their Google pages that they will no longer continue the development so who know how stable it will be in the future as it is already a little unstable.

2. Immersive mode:

Many apps out there. Only problem is they keyboard doesn't work in Immersive mode so every time you will need it you will first need to exit Immersive mode before the keyboard will pop.

3. Nova Launcher allow hiding the bar but only on the home screen.

I agree with you that it's very annoying and somewhat defeat Hub since every time a notification icon appears up on top there is a cognitive need to clear it (for us OCD's) which is done with pulling the status bar down and at that point there is almost no need to even use Hub as any message is accessible from the notification bar...

Android is so annoying!
    10-21-17 10:33 AM
    Update:

I was able to achieve that with System UI Tuner. Seems like it's working great so far!
    10-21-17 11:49 AM
    Okay, how did u get the app to work? Tried following the instructions but get the error message "adb not recognised blah blah" on my laptop.
    10-21-17 04:00 PM
    Okay, how did u get the app to work? Tried following the instructions but get the error message "adb not recognised blah blah" on my laptop.
    System IU Tinder is built in within Android. There is no need to install an app.
    10-21-17 04:52 PM
    System IU Tinder is built in within Android. There is no need to install an app.
    To activate the tuner, From home screen swipe down from top then press and hold the settings gear icon. It should open a dialog asking to enable. After enabled a small wrench icon will show next to the settings gear
    10-22-17 12:26 PM
    what settings did u change in tuner to stop top bar notifications?
    10-24-17 07:09 AM
    what settings did u change in tuner to stop top bar notifications?
    In System UI Tuner activate 'Power Notification Controls' under 'Other' and then for each app you do not want to see the notification icon for set the level to 1. These settings can be found under 'Notifications'
    10-24-17 07:32 PM
    In System UI Tuner activate 'Power Notification Controls' under 'Other' and then for each app you do not want to see the notification icon for set the level to 1. These settings can be found under 'Notifications'
    I don't seem to have these settings on my Dtek50
    Attached Thumbnails Getting Rid of Top Bar Notifications-screenshot_20171026-095826.jpg  
    10-26-17 09:58 AM
    I don't seem to have these settings on my Dtek50
    Interesting! Mine wasn't even accessible before the last KEYone security update.

Perhaps every build version is a little different.
    10-26-17 04:27 PM