Sold my 2 Classics for 2 DTEK50's and was wondering if it's possible to do a FULL phone backup for them to my PC like I had through BlackBerry Link for the Classics.

Is it possible, and if so, what's the best program or software?

Thanks,

K
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-15-17 01:03 PM
    I'd like to know that too!! Right now I'm backing up to Google. Not happy about that!!
    01-15-17 01:25 PM
    I haven't tried any yet but Android Data Recovery is one of a number of products that claims to be able to backup and recover selected data.
    https://www.recovery-android.com/and...-recovery.html

Here's more about Android backups:
    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures...ckup-apps.html
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2423270,00.asp
    http://www.androidauthority.com/best...ys-too-608014/
    Ethynil likes this.
    01-15-17 01:34 PM
    Sold my 2 Classics for 2 DTEK50's and was wondering if it's possible to do a FULL phone backup for them to my PC like I had through BlackBerry Link for the Classics.

Is it possible, and if so, what's the best program or software?

Thanks,

K
    it does a full backup to google drive
    01-15-17 03:33 PM
    Any way to backup to my PC?
    01-15-17 04:01 PM
    Not that I know of. Backups are handled through Google Drive.
    01-15-17 04:40 PM
    Not that I know of. Backups are handled through Google Drive.
    My understanding is that most app data is not backed up to Google Drive unless that feature is available in the app and is enabled from the app.
    01-15-17 05:06 PM
    Any way to backup to my PC?
    Don't forget that you can manually backup most data simply by copying those folders to your PC.
    sethr likes this.
    01-15-17 05:08 PM
    OK thanks - will check it out
    01-15-17 05:20 PM
    My understanding is that most app data is not backed up to Google Drive unless that feature is available in the app and is enabled from the app.
    nah, full phone profile including passwords if you want. I just did it for ****s last week.
    01-15-17 07:40 PM
    Don't forget that you can manually backup most data simply by copying those folders to your PC.
    I decided to do a manual backup of my data, but noticed that Windows doesn't show the Android folder on my SD Card so I decided to do it from my phone. Solid Explorer doesn't include Network locations and ASUS File Manager shows only one of my Win 10 PCs, so I'm now trying out ES File Explorer and just started a backup of the Android Folder, but it's going to be a while.
    01-15-17 08:23 PM
    nah, full phone profile including passwords if you want. I just did it for ****s last week.
    So, for paid apps, I can have it backed up via Google Drive, too?? Niiice. I've been wondering about that! ...in anticipation of a Mercury shift! Hehe 😉
    01-15-17 08:26 PM
    Any ideas on how to back up "Notes" ?
    01-15-17 08:28 PM
    Any ideas on how to back up "Notes" ?
    I used to have that same question with the built-in Notes, but eventually ended up installing a better (for me) notepad app called ColorNote. It's easier to back up notes there, and transfer from Notes to ColorNote, too.
    01-15-17 08:33 PM
    My understanding is that a "full phone profile" includes a list of your apps and passwords but not all your app data and settings.
    01-15-17 09:20 PM
    My understanding is that a "full phone profile" includes a list of your apps and passwords but not all your app data and settings.
    yup. everything. I literally just did it last week lol
    01-15-17 11:43 PM
    So that includes all the data in both your Internal and SD Card Android folders?
    01-16-17 12:13 AM
    So that includes all the data in both your Internal and SD Card Android folders?
    I took my sd card out. I have 72gb on it. would have taken a while haha
    01-16-17 12:32 AM
    I took my sd card out. I have 72gb on it. would have taken a while haha
    And did it copy all the items in the Data, Media, and OBB folders contained in your Internal Memory/Android folder?
    01-16-17 10:28 AM
    Nope, that's false - I just did it a couple of days ago and it does NOT backup ALL app data, it only backs up app data if the app supports it. It doesn't even backup the actual apps but it backs up the list of apps and automatically downloads them from the Playstore again. There is no way it does the same job as either Blackberry Link or IOS which basically takes an exact copy of your old phone and copies it to the new phone - app data and all!
    01-18-17 01:32 AM
    OK, so what are the solutions that is EXACTLY the same as BB Link?
    01-18-17 04:25 AM
    So I'm thinking maybe I should get another BB Android phone and do a device transfer to it as a backup. I'm not worried about the SD card, as I back that up to my computer separately.
    Life was easier with BB10!!
    01-18-17 10:47 AM
    do a device transfer to it as a backup
    Did this earlier response not help?

Other than the Google backups, what are you concerned about backing up on your phone?

Photos can be backed up to the cloud using numerous providers, including Microsoft Onedrive which is free for the basic service.

Otherwise, Google backup would restore your device, except of passwords and device settings.

Google Playstore maintains a list of your installed apps, even those you delete.

Using various cloud services, you can synch your data to the cloud, so it can easily be accessed if need be.

Life was easier with BB10!!
    I don't know anything about BB10, but have been using Android for several years, and find that when set up to maximize cloud synch and storage options, my device(s) are safe and trouble free.

My DTEK50 was set up by restoring apps and accessible data from another Android phone.
    01-18-17 12:26 PM
    Did this earlier response not help?

Other than the Google backups, what are you concerned about backing up on your phone?

Photos can be backed up to the cloud using numerous providers, including Microsoft Onedrive which is free for the basic service.

Otherwise, Google backup would restore your device, except of passwords and device settings.

Google Playstore maintains a list of your installed apps, even those you delete.

Using various cloud services, you can synch your data to the cloud, so it can easily be accessed if need be.

I don't know anything about BB10, but have been using Android for several years, and find that when set up to maximize cloud synch and storage options, my device(s) are safe and trouble free.

My DTEK50 was set up by restoring apps and accessible data from another Android phone.
    I'm just learning Android. When I backed up my BB10s on Link, it saved everything except the passwords for my accounts. This is a learning curve for me. More so than my switch from the BB 9000 to the BB10 OS (I've had 5 of those). But I'm starting to enjoy the Dtek50. I just figured out how to back up my local contacts to my Google account. I now have to learn to trust Google!! LOL!!

BB 9000 > Q10 > Z10 > Z30 > Z30 > Classic> Dtek50
    01-18-17 04:53 PM
    I now have to learn to trust Google!!
    Ah! Google is your friend....

Yes they use my online activity to "customize my experience" but there's nothing that I do that I have reservations about and to me, the overall benefit I receive from services like backups, Google Docs, Device Manager to locate my device, the management of apps and customized search functions outweighs the purported risks of invasion of privacy.

Manage your own app permissions so they conform to your preferences and values, and enjoy the services Google provides. After all, lifes to short to obsess over whether Google knows that I prefer kolbassa over hula hoops.
    01-18-17 06:05 PM
35 12