Did this earlier response not help?

Other than the Google backups, what are you concerned about backing up on your phone?

Photos can be backed up to the cloud using numerous providers, including Microsoft Onedrive which is free for the basic service.

Otherwise, Google backup would restore your device, except of passwords and device settings.

Google Playstore maintains a list of your installed apps, even those you delete.

Using various cloud services, you can synch your data to the cloud, so it can easily be accessed if need be.

I don't know anything about BB10, but have been using Android for several years, and find that when set up to maximize cloud synch and storage options, my device(s) are safe and trouble free.

My DTEK50 was set up by restoring apps and accessible data from another Android phone.
    If you have app data such as financial, fuel mileage, medical data such as I have (it all resides on the phone and NOT on the cloud) it does not get backed up or restored on Android unless the app specifically supports that.

Also, when you have to do a complete wipe and re-install the restore from Google drive does not return your phone to exactly the way it was prior to the wipe like it does with either BB10 or IOS. With BB10 & IOS, all icon & screen arrangements, settings, app data are exactly where it was prior to re-installing.

As far as I know, without root there is nothing like that for Android which really sucks if you need to re-install.
    01-22-17 12:44 PM
    Another reason why BB10 is superior.

Shouldn't Android be more mature now after so many years and such a huge following?

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    01-22-17 04:54 PM
    I can't tell you how much the lack of BlackBerry Link type software for BB Android bothers me and it is one of the reasons I still use BB10 as my primary communication device. It really is a glaring omission in my opinion. I really hope they release something, but I definitely don't have my hopes up.
    01-23-17 01:19 AM
    Another reason why BB10 is superior.

Shouldn't Android be more mature now after so many years and such a huge following?

While I will agree to an extent, Link was incredibly bad on Mac. The earlier DeskTop Manager for Mac was great. Link, not so much. They never fully developed it, and left it riddled with bugs. I couldn't trust it to sync properly.

For the Priv, I have SyncMate. It allows me to sync to the Mac via Bluetooth or USB. It works reliably. The Pro version allows you to back up as well as syncing other things like iTunes, photos and more. Someone could write the same for PC if they wanted. So in that way, Android is a little better. A third party can write sync and backup software if the demand was there, unfortunately most sheeple like to use the cloud and entrust Google with all their data without batting an eye. I refer a local backup so I have it available when I have no signal, or very slow service, a I do often when traveling.
    01-24-17 04:33 PM
    While I don't use Mac, I do agree to a certain extent about Link not being bug-less. It took me awhile before I got it fixed for Windows 10. And even so, the lag is quite a pain.

When it works, it works awesome. I like how it can restore partially per app, which is very useful. And do a complete full restore to another phone without much knowledge.

01-25-17 03:56 PM
    No way to backup all data locally.
    I do not trust Google, so, waiting for new Android customization from BlackBerry or new BB10 devices.
    sethr likes this.
    01-26-17 02:47 AM
    For me, this is one of the main advantages of iOS over Android. Backup and restore of an entire device image is totally hassle free.
    01-26-17 04:34 AM
    For me, this is one of the main advantages of iOS over Android. Backup and restore of an entire device image is totally hassle free.
    Data mining by Google; data mining by Apple. THAT'S the issue! We need a bkb fix.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-27-17 10:12 AM
    Is there an Android app exactly like BB10's Ultimate Backup?

01-30-17 12:44 PM
    Data mining by Google; data mining by Apple. THAT'S the issue! We need a bkb fix.
    Yes. But neither the thread's topic, nor the point of my post.
    01-31-17 06:03 AM
35 12