I am totally frustrated trying to find a simple way (for my feeble mind) to download my music from my Windows 10 desktop to my Dtec50 phone.
    I have gone through Blackberry tech support and have asked this question on this forum but nothing seems to work. I had a Samsung Galaxie S5 and it was a simple operation but not on this phone. Is their someone who can explain it to me in simple language and easy steps? I have already installed a 65GB SD card so I have lots of storage.
    09-14-16 09:01 AM
    When you plug your phone into a USB port....anything happen on either device?
    09-14-16 09:05 AM
    Is your music in one folder on your desktop? Simply plug your device in, swipe down from the top and change it from charge only to USB. It will show up in your file Explorer on your PC. Open it up, you can then go into your SD card, create a music folder folder (or find existing one) drag all your music file into it. And you are done.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-14-16 09:10 AM
    For me using another USB port was the solution...
    Initially used the USB2.0 port (white) which I use for USB sticks and other stuff but with no result.
    Then I tried it on another USB port which was free. It happened to be a USB 3.0 port (blue). Now my system recognised both my phone and SD card in it.
    I hope this can be a solution for you too!
    09-14-16 09:12 AM
    a simple way (for my feeble mind) to download my music from my Windows 10 desktop to my Dtec50 phone.
    If your current music collection is in iTunes, where you have playlists, album info etc, the easiest way is to bulk import your iTunes data using a app called Isynchr Please see this forum post where I have elaborated on this.

If you just want to import your music files into your DTEK, and set up your playlists using a Music Player, your choices are to connect the phone to the PC using USB, but my preference is to use a good Android File Manager (they are not all created equal) that has WiFi transfer capability.

Another option would be to do what I prefer to do, exactly what you want, is to use WiFi File Transfer as I explained in this forum post

Let me know if you need more info on any of these options as I have imported music to Android from Windows using all of the above methods.

I am currently transferring my entire iTunes library to my DTEK using iSynchr.
    Last edited by Ethynil; 09-14-16 at 10:44 AM.
    Albertaguy and chaddt like this.
    09-14-16 09:52 AM
    If your current music collection is in iTunes, where you have playlists, album info etc, the easiest way is to bulk import your iTunes data using a app called Isynchr Please see this forum post where I have elaborated on this.

If you just want to import your music files into your DTEK, and set up your playlists using a Music Player, your choices are to connect the phone to the PC using USB, but my preference is to use a good Android File Manager (they are not all created equal) that has WiFi transfer capability.

Another option would be to do what I prefer to do, exactly what you want, is to use WiFi File Transfer as I explained in this forum post

Let me know if you need more info on any of these options as I have imported music to Android from Windows using all of the above methods.

I am currently transferring my entire iTunes library to my DTEK using iSynchr.
    This should be a main article on crackberry no?

Posted via CB10
    Ethynil likes this.
    09-14-16 12:21 PM
    I played around with my Dtec this afternoon, but first I checked my Windows 10 desktop and found that my music was stored on OneDrive in a folder. I then downloaded OneDrive onto my phone and plugged it into my desktop and I can say I did not do anything to my phone but when I disconnected I found that all my music was on my phone. The only thing I noticed is that I have to be in a Wi Fi zone to listen to it. I don't know if this is normal but I shall not complain for now.
    09-14-16 06:39 PM
    I played around with my Dtec this afternoon, but first I checked my Windows 10 desktop and found that my music was stored on OneDrive in a folder. I then downloaded OneDrive onto my phone and plugged it into my desktop and I can say I did not do anything to my phone but when I disconnected I found that all my music was on my phone. The only thing I noticed is that I have to be in a Wi Fi zone to listen to it. I don't know if this is normal but I shall not complain for now.
    Sounds like you are just listening to the music from there one drive cloud account if you downloaded the app and the music was simply there without doing anything. Did you check if any of that music is on your SD card? If not, there must be a way to save it from one drive to SD

09-14-16 08:17 PM
    Sounds like you are just listening to the music from there one drive cloud account if you downloaded the app and the music was simply there without doing anything. Did you check if any of that music is on your SD card? If not, there must be a way to save it from one drive to SD
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't believe the music is on my SD card. I will keep trying.

09-14-16 10:13 PM
    For me using another USB port was the solution...
    Initially used the USB2.0 port (white) which I use for USB sticks and other stuff but with no result.
    Then I tried it on another USB port which was free. It happened to be a USB 3.0 port (blue). Now my system recognised both my phone and SD card in it.
    I hope this can be a solution for you too!
    Strange because the USB on the phone is 2.0.
    09-14-16 10:21 PM
    All I did was plug the phone in, change from Charge to File Transfer. Then I made a music folder in the SD root. Drag and drop from PC to the phone. Same as photos.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-14-16 10:25 PM
    Try to plug your phone into the lap top and swipe down for USB mode and drag them from one drive on PC to SD card. Then you can delete the one drive app off your phone. Or maybe delete the app first.

Last edited by ray689; 09-15-16 at 08:19 AM.
    09-14-16 10:27 PM
    Strange because the USB on the phone is 2.0.
    The only other USB port available was USB3.0.
    Maybe another USB2.0 port would have done the trick too.
    Sorry for creating the idea that a USB3.0 port is required.
    09-15-16 05:06 AM
    The only other USB port available was USB3.0.
    Maybe another USB2.0 port would have done the trick too.
    Sorry for creating the idea that a USB3.0 port is required.
    Maybe you have a faulty port or something. Happened to me that some ports start not working with some devices and after some time they stop working altogether. Especially with those ports on the front of the case. On my current PC, first one of them started having issues and a month later both of them died completely. Weird stuff.

Albertaguy, please explain exactly what kind of issues you have. Is your music in iTunes, is it just mp3s in some folder etc.
    Also, you can copy your music without connecting your phone with a cable, over Wi-Fi, using AirDroid or AirMore. If you have a bunch of albums in various folders, I suggest AirDroid using Chrome on your PC. That way you can just drag and drop whole folders to your device.
    sethr likes this.
    09-15-16 06:26 AM
    I have no issues, I plug in my HTC M10, and then go to This PC and it shows my phone, and when I click on it, shows all storage. Same thing with my android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2).
    09-15-16 06:47 AM
    Ok, if it's on OneDrive, you don't need to connect to your computer, it's on "the cloud." Which I don't personally like because you don't have access to it if you don't have access to a data network... See if you can download everything to your SD card. There should also be a setting in the onedrive app to allow access using mobile data network too and not just wifi...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-15-16 08:29 AM
    Ok, if it's on OneDrive, you don't need to connect to your computer, it's on "the cloud." Which I don't personally like because you don't have access to it if you don't have access to a data network..
    Slagman,

I may be mistaken, but I believe there is only one Android music player app capable of accessing a music library on Onedrive, Microsoft Groove.

I don't have experience with Groove, but according to the description, there is a capability of downloading tracks to the device to play them offline, if desired. MS Groove Support HERE

As has been asked of Albertaguy, we need to understand some facts about his configuration:

1. Is this music collection part of an iTunes library or is it a collection of MP3 music files?
    2. What music player is being used on the Win10 PC?
    3. Are there playlists currently configured on the PC based music player?
    4. What Android music player app is being used that is currently accessing his library from Onedrive cloud storage?
    5. What Android File Manager App is being used to explore the DTEK?
    6. What Android app, if any is being used to try to copy the music files from the PC to the DTEK?

With these questions answered, I think it might be possible to provide some possible solutions.
    bbone99 likes this.
    09-15-16 09:29 AM
    I have no issues, I plug in my HTC M10, and then go to This PC and it shows my phone, and when I click on it, shows all storage. Same thing with my android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2).
    Exactly the same with DTEK50.
    Swipe from the top and then change from USB charge to File transfer. There are two methods MTP (for files) and PTP (for photos or files if MTP didn't make it).
    I had to do it several times (charging/MTP/PTP/Charging / unplug the device, do it again) before I see for the first time the Win10 "mobile device" panel appear. But once I got it I had no more troubles afterwards.

If not, you may want to download the latest drivers (win/mac) here : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608 and try again. [I strongly believe you should remove other BlackBerry desktop software/Link/Blend (+reboot) and must unplug your device prior to install the new drivers]

Once connected, you should see your device as a mobile device, supported by Win10 and basically use it like a usb stick or drive.

EDIT : weird. Just tested it again with my Priv and I'm getting into troubles. In W10 "peripherals&printers", I can see my "BlackBerry" but appears there's a driver missing even if I just installed the linked USB drivers and saw the win "installing device drivers" prompt when I plugged it in.

Within the "manage computer/peripherals" my Priv is well recognized w/o errors. So I believe there's something regarding MTP protocol here (It is mentioned as the missing "parent" if I go into device details from "peripherals and printers")
    There might be something new here, maybe due to Win Update or MM update ... idk and it's a bit late here.
    Will redo the testing tomorrow and let you know.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-15-16 at 05:23 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-16 04:55 PM
    Have to say here, Windows 10 is the worst crap ever...

sethr likes this.
    09-15-16 08:01 PM

It's not so bad you just need to know how to use it that's all

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 08:51 PM
    Exactly the same with DTEK50.
    Swipe from the top and then change from USB charge to File transfer. There are two methods MTP (for files) and PTP (for photos or files if MTP didn't make it).
    I had to do it several times (charging/MTP/PTP/Charging / unplug the device, do it again) before I see for the first time the Win10 "mobile device" panel appear. But once I got it I had no more troubles afterwards.

If not, you may want to download the latest drivers (win/mac) here : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608 and try again. [I strongly believe you should remove other BlackBerry desktop software/Link/Blend (+reboot) and must unplug your device prior to install the new drivers]

Once connected, you should see your device as a mobile device, supported by Win10 and basically use it like a usb stick or drive.

EDIT : weird. Just tested it again with my Priv and I'm getting into troubles. In W10 "peripherals&printers", I can see my "BlackBerry" but appears there's a driver missing even if I just installed the linked USB drivers and saw the win "installing device drivers" prompt when I plugged it in.

Within the "manage computer/peripherals" my Priv is well recognized w/o errors. So I believe there's something regarding MTP protocol here (It is mentioned as the missing "parent" if I go into device details from "peripherals and printers")
    There might be something new here, maybe due to Win Update or MM update ... idk and it's a bit late here.
    Will redo the testing tomorrow and let you know.
    I stay away from the other options. Just pick File Transfer. Worked for music and photos.
    What you see will depend on how the SD is setup. adoptive all you see is the phone. NBD.
    Not adoptive use the SD card only.
    BTW--if you use that cloud drive just use it for transfer. Download and delete it. They even go through that with the new phones setup. That is unless you want your stuff out there.
    09-15-16 08:58 PM
    On what do you base that assessment?
    09-16-16 09:22 AM
    Copying files over USB was seamless for me as well. Might be an issue with the particular computer.
    09-16-16 09:56 AM
    USB ports typically see a LOT of action these days. Different devices plugging in and often they are iterations of the same class of device or variants (especially multiple phones from the same OS).

If there is difficulty getting a device recognized by your USB, I've found it helpful to clean out the related drivers.

Download and extract View any installed/connected USB device on your system Inside the folder > right click the exe > run as admin

Delete all drivers relevant to the device > plug the device into USB and let a fresh set of drivers install.

It's automagical.
    09-16-16 10:45 AM
    On what do you base that assessment?
    Bug after Bug ... The Banks say to customers, dont use win10 browser (edge) not working just as all win10 is ....not ready for the market . Can't connect iPhone to iTunes and the win10 was'nt recognize bb10 device, etc...

09-16-16 08:31 PM
53 123