I've gotten this pop up twice in chrome over the last week. I've done clearing, uninstall, restarting, etc.

Anyone else getting this?

I really dislike Chrome as a browser, but Firefox and Opera just don't feel right either.
    12-29-16 09:18 PM
    I've gotten this pop up twice in chrome over the last week. I've done clearing, uninstall, restarting, etc.

Anyone else getting this?

I really dislike Chrome as a browser, but Firefox and Opera just don't feel right either.
    What websites are you visiting lol
    12-29-16 09:54 PM
    It's just a bogus warning pop-up. Take a look at what apps you installed around the time they started and start deleting anything that might be suspect. Start with any 'cleaner' apps or speed boost apps you may have tried. Also, consider what websites you're visiting. Most of the time it's coming from an app or a crappy website. Some additional, if not extreme, options can be found here - http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...hone-real.html
    12-29-16 10:04 PM
    Getting 'free' apks outside the Playstore or pr0n its always pr0n.
    12-29-16 10:42 PM
    One you get it all cleared up OP, get a separate browser for those unverified websites/links. I use a Chromium based browser called Brave when there is hankering for going to the bad part of town.
    ominaxe and jamesharmeling like this.
    12-29-16 10:53 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the advice.
    12-30-16 07:29 AM
    One you get it all cleared up OP, get a separate browser for those unverified websites/links. I use a Chromium based browser called Brave when there is hankering for going to the bad part of town.
    Haha OK, thanks. Honestly though, even if I wanted to... I wouldn't use my phone.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-30-16 07:33 AM
    That Chrome on Android doesn't support extensions is disappointing. That's why blocking ads either requires a different browser with extensions/built-in ad block, root access to block using on-device host files (not doable on BB), or a DNS/router-level ad blocking setup.
    12-30-16 10:54 AM
    Your mobile device is a computer!
    Do you run your home computer without a good anti-virus program?

I have a passport. I paid good money for it. So, also have the best security for my device and my computers.
    Norton Mobile Security. and Norton Security Premium w/Backup. One subscription is good for ten devices.
    12-31-16 05:11 AM
    Yes I do have a PC running without anti-virus program for about 10 years now and I'm not worried a bit about it.
    I run (X)Ubuntu on my PC and my PC will not be harmed by a Windows virus, pretty sure about that.
    This doesn't mean I'm safe and secure: the bad boys will be able to hack (crack) my pc like they can yours, big companies' or the ones from your authorities. To feel safer for "day to day" risk I have a firewall and added some plugins/add-ons to my browser like NoScript, Ghostery and uBlock Origin. Gives me a bit better feeling for as long as I don't read in the news that these plug-ins have been hacked
    And thinking before doing might help a bit too.
    01-09-17 02:26 PM
    Your mobile device is a computer!
    Do you run your home computer without a good anti-virus program?
    YES! Never had, never needed antivirus software. Why would I slow down my devices with useless (paid) software? I don't install crap, I don't visit weird / adults only websites, I don't use public Wifi as I have more than 15Gb on 4G+ unused. Mac and DTEK50 are safe enough as they are, I'm not the USA president
    01-10-17 12:53 AM
    YES! Never had, never needed antivirus software. Why would I slow down my devices with useless (paid) software? I don't install crap, I don't visit weird / adults only websites, I don't use public Wifi as I have more than 15Gb on 4G+ unused. Mac and DTEK50 are safe enough as they are, I'm not the USA president

Easy there, guys!!
    I asked a question! I didn't say it was mandatory! And I only expressed "What worked for me."
    Unlike programs of the past, Antivirus software no longer slows down computers and your remarks are YOUR OPINION. (Lighten up!)

It really comes down to a matter of opinion, belief, what have you.
    I custom build and repair Computers. I build and design websites, design logos, design business and greeting cards and as such am all over the web, on Chrome,Firefox and IE.
    Personally, I use internet security/anti-virus/identity safe/backup software on my home computers. It blocks unsafe sites, blocks the download of adware and malware.
    It works for me!

And you not being the President has to do with what????
    01-10-17 11:39 AM
    Easy there, guys!!
    I custom build and repair Computers. I build and design websites, design logos, design business and greeting cards and as such am all over the web, on Chrome,Firefox and IE.
    And you not being the President has to do with what????
    I did the same things that you do for years and never felt the need for a bundle of security apps. Mac OS X is much more safer than Windows and I didn't see one virus up to the date (since Tiger). The only malware I got (clicked by mistake) was CleanMyMac. Same for the phone. Had OS 10 devices and Android devices, once I installed some cleaning apps and except from slowing down the phone and draining the battery they did nothing more (oh, yes, annoying pop-ups).
    Security has something to do with not being the president of the United States - nobody is after hijacking my phone in particular. As long as I don't install crap or cracked apps Dtek is safe enough by its own. Any other app running in the background drains the battery and slows down the phone.
    If some "authority" wants to track you, there is nothing you can do, Snowden proved it already.
    How can you prove the usefulness of all the security apps that you use?
    It is estimated that less than 0.001% of app installations are able to evade Google’s security measures.
    01-10-17 02:10 PM