I just set up a new 'view' for unread emails, whatsapp etc. Seems to work...
    Yup was fixed on our end........................great phone.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-10-16 12:17 PM
    I've got an idol 4 ( basically same as BlackBerry dtek ) battery is not too good even on low display brightness

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails First complaints about DTEK50-screenshot_20160810-181829.jpg  
    08-10-16 12:22 PM
    This I don't agree with. After downloading over 100 apps, and now downloading all my Dropbox videos and pictures I have not noticed heat issues at all.
    I chose to do adaptive storage as I back everything automatically to Dropbox.

Posted via my DTEK50
    I'm just relaying what he told me. I told him to reboot the phone a couple of times after he has everything set up to his liking.

He does like the screen though. Very bright and vibrant as many of you have mentioned already.

I love picture password. I have mine set up that it doesn't come on when I'm at home and that it only activates after 15 minutes of no activity.

Posted via my Priv 6.0.1
    08-10-16 12:23 PM
    I've got an idol 4 ( basically same as BlackBerry dtek ) battery is not too good even on low display brightness

No wo der you have everything turned on at the same time :s what do you exspect
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-10-16 12:43 PM
    My brother received his phone yesterday and he says it runs hot. Battery life isn't the greatest either as he is coming from a Passport. And of course, he misses the PKB.

Posted via my Priv 6.0.1
    Has he gone to the play store and updated all the Blackberry apps?

08-10-16 01:21 PM

Software configuration has a large part to do with battery life. Even though both have Android there are many differences.

Posted via my DTEK50
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-10-16 02:00 PM
    Software configuration has a large part to do with battery life. Even though both have Android there are many differences.

Posted via my DTEK50
    Even thought they are the same phone (looks) they are not even close on the inside.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-10-16 05:39 PM
    Well I was not in today and apparently BlackBerry shipped 30 phones to my company as a test/sample. Well the carping has started.....Where is my phone, how come I did not get one. Gimme Gimme.....I have received some calls that that the phone is great works well, and is just well rounded. There is a little learning curve as some things are respond a little different, but everyone who has one love the phone. Me on the other hand am still struggling with my Priv................to the laughter of my son.

UPDATE: One of my brain surgeons dropped the phone 6 ft to the floor.............no issues.
    U forgot to "WOOF"

Posted via CB10
    auditman likes this.
    08-10-16 06:12 PM
    U forgot to "WOOF"

Posted via CB10
    you got it............................WOOF!
    auditman, IndianTiwari and hamilgs like this.
    08-10-16 06:14 PM
    how to get email in hub my is not showing up there.
    08-10-16 08:10 PM
    I'm just relaying what he told me. I told him to reboot the phone a couple of times after he has everything set up to his liking.

He does like the screen though. Very bright and vibrant as many of you have mentioned already.

I love picture password. I have mine set up that it doesn't come on when I'm at home and that it only activates after 15 minutes of no activity.

Posted via my Priv 6.0.1
    Great idea turning it off at home. I have some NFC sticky chips left. I wonder how if the phone would program to do that?
    I have one on the back my mirror in the car that toggles the BT/wifi for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 09:16 PM

Coz u got d fake dtek50! Lol

sethr and TommyBB like this.
    08-10-16 10:19 PM
    OLEDs win on colour saturation and contrast. But OLEDs suck up way more power when all pixels are lit up (i.e., a white screen).
    Like on a bright day when you may have "adaptive brightness setting" driving high screen brightness and therefore using a lot of battery.
    08-11-16 07:07 AM
    Was holding my breath. I'm totally relying on Superflyer from France on the other thread where he praised the battery. I just need a decent battery, PRIV sucks. I almost went to Samsung. This is my last BlackBerry if battery sucks. I don't mind a NORMAL battery, but to charge it every 30 minutes is insane.

Wow! That's extreme IMO.
    08-11-16 08:16 AM
    I guess if your company has received 30 units of the DTEK50, then I guess you got BlackBerry's world wide supply as delivery dates have dropped from August 8th to 15th.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-11-16 09:43 AM
    Even thought they are the same phone (looks) they are not even close on the inside.
    Other than down clocking the processor... what's different inside the phone?
    08-11-16 10:05 AM
    My only concern is the battery.

My phone has been on for 90 minutes and not really used at all and down to 93%. When I was using it yesterday (not heavy use) it was dropping 10% per hour. So really looks like it might get you thru a work day but needs charging for the evening going out. Where my Z30 even with heavy use was a battery work horse. Having said all that I do have more apps that do push notifications like TheScore and Messenger etc. On my Z30 basically bbm/WHATSAPP/Blaq and the emails were the only push notifications.

Overall the phone is great but not sure if the battery issue will be enough to make me send it back. I am hoping that it will settle down after a few days. How are others finding the battery?
    08-11-16 10:49 AM
    Other than down clocking the processor... what's different inside the phone?
    the other chips are different and the base motherboard as well. While the main processor is the same but different, the clocking ID is not the same. Hey we took one apart...............that's what happens when you give a dog a set of tools. WOOF!
    hamilgs, CDM76, Deanig_12 and 3 others like this.
    08-11-16 11:12 AM
    the other chips are different and the base motherboard as well. While the main processor is the same but different, the clocking ID is not the same. Hey we took one apart...............that's what happens when you give a dog a set of tools. WOOF!
    So BlackBerry sent your company 30 Dtek tester phones out of the blue and you just happened to have a Idol 4 and you did a tear down on both just for the hell of it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 08-11-16 at 11:56 AM.
    08-11-16 11:45 AM
    So BlackBerry sent your company 30 Dtek tester phones out of the blue and you just happened to have a Idol 4 and you did a tear down on both just for the hell of it.

Posted via CB10
    Custom CPU, Custom Chipset/motherboard.... And they couldn't change the LED???? I understand it's the front flash too... but with that bright LCD screen BlackBerry could have pulled an Apple and had the screen flash, and given BlackBerry users their Red Blinking Notification Light.

If they had to build custom components and had to have custom production runs... BlackBerry is going to have a hard time making hardware profitable with just 2 million in sales a year, between three or four phones. With a pretty much stock phone, you might could see it as a possibility...
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-11-16 01:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Out of the blue no...........our tech team ordered them, they do not tell me everything. The Idol 4 belonged to one of the tech guys and he wanted to see the difference. We are starting to migrate away from OS 10 so we have been going with Priv, but this is a smaller phone so they thought it was a good idea.

My post was nobody told me, I just own the place. But that said......
    CDM76, drano, PonyCrazyKid and 2 others like this.
    08-11-16 04:17 PM
    Wow! That's extreme IMO.
    Wow......extreme...whats your definition of bad........LOL
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-11-16 07:03 PM
    I have to admit. It seems snappier and faster than PRIV. Screen is brighter when set at lower levels. Not to mention the great front camera and back camera.
    It's way lighter, thinner as well.
    Honestly, I think besides the LED notification light and a maybe the back camera on Priv; I think the DTEK50 is a lot better than the PRIV.
    Full disclosure though. I don't use PKB or do big gaming.
    This after 8 hours heavy use.

Posted via my DTEK50
    You know it's funny, my brother I using a Samsung s7 right now and he was complaining loudly about how bright my priv screen was one night. We were outside in the dark and it was turned down under half brightness. I'm content with it

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-11-16 07:40 PM
    Heat is a Non issue on the DTEK compared to the Priv. It warms a bit but dissipates pretty quickly post heavy use (Downloads, videos etc)
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-11-16 08:03 PM
    Heat is a Non issue on the DTEK compared to the Priv. It warms a bit but dissipates pretty quickly post heavy use (Downloads, videos etc)
    Yes that's the reports from my people about the phone, much cooler. Not quite as fast but a great runner.
    CDM76 and IndianTiwari like this.
    08-11-16 08:16 PM
109 1234 ...