Well I was not in today and apparently BlackBerry shipped 30 phones to my company as a test/sample. Well the carping has started.....Where is my phone, how come I did not get one. Gimme Gimme.....I have received some calls that that the phone is great works well, and is just well rounded. There is a little learning curve as some things are respond a little different, but everyone who has one love the phone. Me on the other hand am still struggling with my Priv................to the laughter of my son.

UPDATE: One of my brain surgeons dropped the phone 6 ft to the floor.............no issues.
    Last edited by thatguyusa; 08-10-16 at 07:46 AM.
    08-09-16 08:33 PM
    Hahaha...woof!
    skinnymike1 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    08-09-16 09:30 PM
    Was holding my breath. I'm totally relying on Superflyer from France on the other thread where he praised the battery. I just need a decent battery, PRIV sucks. I almost went to Samsung. This is my last BlackBerry if battery sucks. I don't mind a NORMAL battery, but to charge it every 30 minutes is insane.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ariz72 likes this.
    08-09-16 09:34 PM
    Really? I get 4.5 to 5 sot...

08-09-16 10:39 PM
    Was holding my breath. I'm totally relying on Superflyer from France on the other thread where he praised the battery. I just need a decent battery, PRIV sucks. I almost went to Samsung. This is my last BlackBerry if battery sucks. I don't mind a NORMAL battery, but to charge it every 30 minutes is insane.

What are you using ? My Z30 still gives me full day easily. I've had it day 1 they were released.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 10:48 PM
    I have to admit. It seems snappier and faster than PRIV. Screen is brighter when set at lower levels. Not to mention the great front camera and back camera.
    It's way lighter, thinner as well.
    Honestly, I think besides the LED notification light and a maybe the back camera on Priv; I think the DTEK50 is a lot better than the PRIV.
    Full disclosure though. I don't use PKB or do big gaming.
    This after 8 hours heavy use.

Posted via my DTEK50
    08-10-16 12:06 AM
    I have to admit. It seems snappier and faster than PRIV. Screen is brighter when set at lower levels. Not to mention the great front camera and back camera.
    Honestly, I think besides the LED notification light and a maybe the back camera on Priv; I think the DTEK50 is a lot better than the PRIV.

Posted via my DTEK50
    FYI, theres pros and cons for LCD vs OLED displays. LCDs tend to display colours accurately and are capable of being very bright. OLEDs win on colour saturation and contrast. But OLEDs suck up way more power when all pixels are lit up (i.e., a white screen).

Barbareren, bigboy101 and Avenzuno like this.
    08-10-16 02:17 AM
    OP, wondering how much your company has to pay for a Dtek50

Posted from my Passport
    08-10-16 04:50 AM

Posted via my DTEK50
    Can you post some photos taken with the Dtec50.

08-10-16 05:06 AM

So then diavle the apps that you dont use and get a battery pack problem solved buy disableing apps you dont use saves your battery i have the s6 edge atm and get a full day with that
    08-10-16 06:26 AM

Posted via my DTEK50
    Did you use picture password on the PRIV? If so is it odd not using it on this phone?
    08-10-16 07:05 AM
    OP, wondering how much your company has to pay for a Dtek50

Posted from my Passport
    Nothing, these are sent as test beds................if we like then we will have to buy them.
    08-10-16 07:13 AM

Posted via my DTEK50
    have you noticed that the hub is a little slower, a few calls have come into Tech support about that and only that issue?. BlackBerry thinks its the carrier and that's what we think as well
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-10-16 07:14 AM
    Can you post some photos taken with the Dtec50.

Even better please post a picture of a Dtek sitting on a desk.
    08-10-16 09:37 AM
    My brother received his phone yesterday and he says it runs hot. Battery life isn't the greatest either as he is coming from a Passport. And of course, he misses the PKB.

Posted via my Priv 6.0.1
    08-10-16 10:24 AM
    In the blackberry hub on bb10 you were able to pinch to only show unread items. I am unable to figure out how to do this on the dtek50. Is that not a feature anymore?
    Any help would be great!

08-10-16 10:30 AM
    Did you use picture password on the PRIV? If so is it odd not using it on this phone?
    How do you set a picture password?

08-10-16 10:32 AM
    How do you set a picture password?

I do not believe picture password is available on the DTEK50 "yet". I believe in another thread someone else mentioned it might be something that will come in with an update. I think this will make it hard for me as I find the picture password is super easy to use, secure and quick.
    08-10-16 10:38 AM
    In the blackberry hub on bb10 you were able to pinch to only show unread items. I am unable to figure out how to do this on the dtek50. Is that not a feature anymore?
    Any help would be great!

Still a feature. Make sure you update to the latest Hub update.
    08-10-16 10:51 AM
    have you noticed that the hub is a little slower, a few calls have come into Tech support about that and only that issue?. BlackBerry thinks its the carrier and that's what we think as well
    I find hub the same if not faster. I find the whole phone faster actually. Not sure but it just seems more responsive.

Posted via my DTEK50
    08-10-16 10:55 AM
    FYI, theres pros and cons for LCD vs OLED displays. LCDs tend to display colours accurately and are capable of being very bright. OLEDs win on colour saturation and contrast. But OLEDs suck up way more power when all pixels are lit up (i.e., a white screen).

I don't like "night mode" because the background is still too bright on DTEK50 even when on Adaptive Brightness. This is a difference I'm not happy about versus the PRIV. First world problems :-) otherwise phone is perfect for my needs.

Posted via my DTEK50
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-10-16 10:59 AM
    I have never used picture password but I will say hi to the guy that invented it in Ottawa!
    I actually don't like it but it is more secure.

Posted via my DTEK50
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-10-16 11:02 AM
    My brother received his phone yesterday and he says it runs hot. Battery life isn't the greatest either as he is coming from a Passport. And of course, he misses the PKB.

Posted via my Priv 6.0.1
    This I don't agree with. After downloading over 100 apps, and now downloading all my Dropbox videos and pictures I have not noticed heat issues at all.
    I chose to do adaptive storage as I back everything automatically to Dropbox.

Posted via my DTEK50
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-10-16 11:08 AM
    I find hub the same if not faster. I find the whole phone faster actually. Not sure but it just seems more responsive.

Posted via my DTEK50
    Turns out to have been an AT&T network issue.......phones are fine, even the drop test.........DO'h
    CDM76 and IndianTiwari like this.
    08-10-16 12:03 PM
    I just set up a new 'view' for unread emails, whatsapp etc. Seems to work...
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-10-16 12:11 PM
109 123 ...