Me too, today received january update. Phone locked on Vodafone Romania.
    02-15-18 12:33 AM
    Ive just downloaded it. It's says optimising 66 apps! Once again I had to uninstall updates in Google play services and deactivate locate my device. Shouldn't be necessary to go through that. They probably won't bother fixing that, will they?
    02-15-18 02:41 AM
    Well they should fix it. After all they are just a software company now so what's the excuse. Although I'm sure someone will be along shortly to try. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-15-18 06:42 AM
    Ive just downloaded it. It's says optimising 66 apps! Once again I had to uninstall updates in Google play services and deactivate locate my device. Shouldn't be necessary to go through that. They probably won't bother fixing that, will they?
    Well they should fix it. After all they are just a software company now so what's the excuse. Although I'm sure someone will be along shortly to try. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    It is fixed with the February patch going forward.
    02-15-18 06:46 AM
    I deleted the Google Play services exactly as instructed in the knowledge base article, but stull stuck with the November update. Useless.
    02-15-18 08:46 AM
    I deleted the Google Play services exactly as instructed in the knowledge base article, but stull stuck with the November update. Useless.
    You only do that to apply an available update. It won't make it show up.
    sethr likes this.
    02-15-18 08:55 AM
    You also have to disable Find my Device too.
    Then after installing, install updates to Google services.
    OK, I'm on January now. Hope it's true about the February patch being glitch free.
    02-15-18 10:41 AM
    You also have to disable Find my Device too.
    Then after installing, install updates to Google services.
    OK, I'm on January now. Hope it's true about the February patch being glitch free.
    Yeah I did that too. Didn't work.
    02-16-18 01:15 AM
    You only do that to apply an available update. It won't make it show up.
    Any ideas why an unlocked UK phone would not be getting the updates?
    02-16-18 01:16 AM
    Yeah I did that too. Didn't work.
    Hi. You only uninstall updates in Google play services, not delete anything. I also uninstalled updates in Google play for good measure! Then I went to find your device and took away the device admin manager role. The other one I have as a manager is BB but didn't disable that.
    02-16-18 01:30 AM
    Hi. You only uninstall updates in Google play services, not delete anything. I also uninstalled updates in Google play for good measure! Then I went to find your device and took away the device admin manager role. The other one I have as a manager is BB but didn't disable that.
    Yes yes that is what I did. http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...language=en_US
    02-16-18 01:34 AM
    Oh dear. Should work, so maybe someone more technical can help. What occurs to me is that if the February update is glitch free, you could just wait for that.
    02-16-18 01:52 AM
    so I just updated to build AAU076 with the fix. now the February build is coming out too?
    02-16-18 08:11 PM
    STH 100-2 updated to AAT 452 in Singapore. Downgrade Google service ,clear security verification issue .
    02-17-18 11:13 AM
    Got mine this week, but when uninstalling updates on google play services it says Do you want to replace this app with factory version? not sure if I should do this ? Seems so long winded for an update that should be automatic.
    02-17-18 12:59 PM
    In order for me to be able to update from November to January, here is what I had to do to get past the unchecking the Find my Phone not working (Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. [OK]). Settings; Apps; press the three dots on the upper right and click the Reset App Preferences. Then go back and uncheck the Find my Phone, uninstall updates on Google Play Services. I was able to update to January and then after the apps were optimized, the February update was available.
    02-17-18 01:03 PM
    Got mine this week, but when uninstalling updates on google play services it says Do you want to replace this app with factory version? not sure if I should do this ? Seems so long winded for an update that should be automatic.
    Anyone else get the same message in the UK?
    02-17-18 01:04 PM
    The answer is to say "yes" to that prompt. Once you have completed the OS install, then you re-update GP Services.
    sifuR likes this.
    02-17-18 05:14 PM
    I tried to install the February 2018 update, and said I can't if I doesn't inactivate the "find my device" app with Google Play Services. But it is impossible. Every time I try to inactivate it the app stops running. Please some ideas would be welcome. Manuel Rodriguez
    02-17-18 08:35 PM
    Delete all the updates to play services. Try to delete that and it will just ask if you want to go back. Do that.
    Then delete the Find if it is still there.
    02-18-18 10:06 AM
    I tried to install the February 2018 update, and said I can't if I doesn't inactivate the "find my device" app with Google Play Services. But it is impossible. Every time I try to inactivate it the app stops running. Please some ideas would be welcome. Manuel Rodriguez
    That's usually not a problem for the Feb update...are you 100% positive that's the update you are receiving? Usually, you can't see the exact update version until after you've completed the process...so it's possible you are receiving one of the prior updates that still had this issue (since pretty much everyone is reporting the Feb update to have cured this issue).

Try a full shutdown and startup of your device (not just "reboot"), wait about 5 minutes without doing anything, then try the proper process again.
    02-18-18 11:34 AM
    OK, I finally managed to do my update. I followed the instructions in the link below. Had to uncheck find my device then did the update. Took around 20 mins to install and update all the apps. Hope we won't have to do this for the next update though.

Unable to install System Update on BlackBerry powered by Android Smartphone
    02-18-18 01:45 PM
    In order for me to be able to update from November to January, here is what I had to do to get past the unchecking the Find my Phone not working (Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. [OK]). Settings; Apps; press the three dots on the upper right and click the Reset App Preferences. Then go back and uncheck the Find my Phone, uninstall updates on Google Play Services. I was able to update to January and then after the apps were optimized, the February update was available.
    Finally someone with the answer!!! Thank you thank you thank you!
    I could not, for the life of me, uncheck Find My Device!! Got the same error message - settings stopped working. Till you came along.
    I had to do it a few times before it "took" , but now my Dtek50 is installing the updates (January).
    I even contacted BBMo, and their answer was to fill out a form online, then call BB.
    Bobunk, you are now my BFF!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60

Update :
    It took a while, but January finally installed. Then my Dtek50 acted very funky until I updated Google Play Services and several other things.
    Then I got a notice that I could update again. I am now on Feb 5!!
    No problem updating, but I see I have to fix some settings.

Now, if only my Dtek60 would get Feb!!
    Last edited by OTCHRussell; 02-19-18 at 10:11 PM.
    02-19-18 06:51 AM
    Finally someone with the answer!!! Thank you thank you thank you!
    I could not, for the life of me, uncheck Find My Device!! Got the same error message - settings stopped working. Till you came along.
    I had to do it a few times before it "took" , but now my Dtek50 is installing the updates (January).
    I even contacted BBMo, and their answer was to fill out a form online, then call BB.
    Bobunk, you are now my BFF!!

You may think to do a security wipe to re start fresh.
    02-19-18 09:13 AM
    You may think to do a security wipe to re start fresh.
    I was just about to do that, when I read the solution, which worked. I may do a wipe anyway, as this is not my primary phone. But it is so time consuming, and I hate doing it.

02-19-18 12:05 PM
63 123