The online specs of the DTEK50 provides the following:

Expandable memory Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD memory card (Up to 2TB)
    There is no mention as to what speed characteristics the DTEK50 supports. Based on similar threads elsewhere, I am thinking the SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD (SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A) a micro SDXC UHS-I rated Class 10 should work.

Am I correct?
    08-01-16 09:46 AM
    I can't seem to find the relevant spec in the Alcatel Idol 4, either. Still, given the listed up to 2 TB support (i.e. SDXC), it should work.
    08-01-16 09:53 AM
    If the SD hardware of the DTEK50 can support 2TB, that means it is made to the SDXC standard.
    SDXC = Up to 2TB and up to UHS-II @ 312MByte/s

The SD card you linked works fine even in my Z30, as it is the same one I run.
    08-01-16 09:54 AM
    I would use a U3 card.
    08-01-16 10:00 AM
    I would use a U3 card.
    Not much available in higher capacities with the exception of the Lexar Professional 1000x microSDXC 128GB UHS-II/U3 (Up to 150MB/s Read) and another PNY offering. Reviews of Lexar have not been favorable, referring to frequent and untimely failures.

As mentioned Alcatel doesn't provide much more insight, either.

Thanks for the reassurance, as that was my preference after reading several reviews on Amazon.

I am wondering too, if Marshmallow in DTEK50 supports app installation on the expandable memory, or only data. Earlier Android (KitKat) supported app installation as well as data.

Any insights?
    08-01-16 11:03 AM
    Thank you for the information and reassurance:
    I would use a U3 card.
    Not much selection available, especially in higher capacities except for a Lexar Professional 1000x microSDXC 128GB UHS-II/U3 (Up to 150MB/s Read)
    but Lexar does not get good reviews for reliability.
    08-01-16 11:10 AM
    Thank you for the information and reassurance:

Not much selection available, especially in higher capacities except for a Lexar Professional 1000x microSDXC 128GB UHS-II/U3 (Up to 150MB/s Read)
    but Lexar does not get good reviews for reliability.
    There are larger ones out, but they cost a ton.
    200gb is your best bang for your buck right now.

Just make sure you get one from a reputable seller, as there are a lot of lower price "fake" SD cards out.
    Typical fakes are either a lower performance SD card re-inked/packaged as a high performance or low capacity ones hacked to report high capacity.
    Ethynil likes this.
    08-01-16 11:38 AM
    Just make sure you get one from a reputable seller
    I've been reading the various articles on fakes, even some reportedly coming from Amazon resellers; so I'll stick to either "fulfilled by Amazon" or get it from Staples (with a price match).

Using the Sandisk site as a source for price checking, I was amazed at the wide discrepancy in pricing!

Thanks for good advice.

Steve
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-01-16 12:03 PM
    To close the loop on this discussion, as a final confirmation, I contacted the sales chat on the Blackberry site to get their feedback on whether a micro SDXC UHS-I rated Class 10 would be supported by DTEK50.

It took the rep about ten minutes to contact "someone" who confirmed indeed the DTEK50 supports a micro SDXC UHS-I rated Class 10.
    08-02-16 09:24 AM
    I've been reading the various articles on fakes, even some reportedly coming from Amazon resellers; so I'll stick to either "fulfilled by Amazon" or get it from Staples (with a price match).

Using the Sandisk site as a source for price checking, I was amazed at the wide discrepancy in pricing!

Thanks for good advice.

Steve
    I've bought 7 64gb sandisk cards from amazon over the last 4 years. For different devices, not bc they broke. One was being wonky so I emailed sandisk directly and got a replacement (newer model). I think as long as amazon is sending them they should be fine. The price match option is always good too.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 10:49 AM
    08-02-16 11:38 AM
    Perfect !
    bkupris likes this.
    08-02-16 11:57 AM
    I have the samsung pro+ 64gb.
    Hopefully it will work.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-05-16 08:41 AM
    I have the samsung pro+ 64gb.
    Hopefully it will work.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    It will. I use that. It works great!

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    auditman likes this.
    08-05-16 09:14 AM
    This information regarding media cards is copied from the DTEK50 User Manual (Page 49):

Using a media card
    Get more space to store your ringtones, videos, pictures, songs, and more when you insert a microSD card into your device.
    By using a media card, you can expand your device's storage space by up to 2 TB. Using a media card can also help
    increase the performance and power eƒciency of your device, and can allow you to transfer your data from your current
    device to another device that supports media card transfers.

To use a media card with a capacity greater than 32 GB, you must download Microsoft exFAT Technology for BlackBerry to
    install the driver. A notifcation appears when you insert the media card into your device. Make sure that you are connected
    to the Internet, and then tap the notification to download the driver.

A Class 10 card or faster is required to record videos in Ultra HD (4K)
    08-09-16 07:47 PM