Am just hoping that going into android will be the end for BB10 device,because there will be no more update for them.....
    08-13-16 04:25 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what you're "hoping for", but BB10 will receive at least two more minor updates (10.3.3 soon and 10.3.4 next year).

That will probably be the end. But the devices should continue to work for some time after.

PRIV STV100-1/AAF960 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG053 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    ssj4lvu and BGRS like this.
    08-13-16 04:32 PM
    Why hope it's the end, I'm moving because I don't really see a choice, I can't stay on bb10 because the apps I need are falling by the wayside but the positive is BlackBerry has made me feel comfortable on android and I trust them More then Samsung or Sony etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 05:04 PM
    BB10's development already ended 20 months ago, and the developers reassigned or laid off.

BB10's support will continue through early next year, via the 2 security updates promised. How useful it will still be by then is a big question mark, though, as what little third-party support BB10 ever had is fading fast, and the Android Runtime is forever stuck at v4.3 and quickly becoming obsolete.
    08-13-16 05:34 PM
    BB10's development already ended 20 months ago, and the developers reassigned or laid off.

BB10's support Android Runtime is forever stuck at v4.3 and quickly becoming obsolete.
    Yeah, tell me about it. It's all falling apart.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    08-13-16 07:22 PM
    There is no promised 10.3.4 only 10.3.3 this year. Despite the posts and quotes from Beard and others I say bull**** it's a protection against ost sales and exodus of users from BlackBerry platforms as a whole.

The sad thing is the Passport released just 4mths before Priv release thus OS support is mandatory up until warranty for the very last unit sold!!

CB needs to source stores not getting replacement orders as the ClaSic is done. Very short lived device that was supposed to ease and gratify old staple users and was delivered far too late!!!

Just in case ayone asks: ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639!!

Going back to the Passport tomorrow regardless of its size and anayone calling me a "square". It's much better than this classic.

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    08-13-16 09:01 PM
    There is no promised 10.3.4 only 10.3.3 this year. Despite the posts and quotes from Beard and others I say bull**** it's a protection against ost sales and exodus of users from BlackBerry platforms as a whole.

The sad thing is the Passport released just 4mths before Priv release thus OS support is mandatory up until warranty for the very last unit sold!!
    The promise of OS 10.3.4 is no less than the promise of 10.3.3.

The Passport was released in 2014. The SE was just a slight refresh. Updates until 2017 have been promised. 3 years of support is decent.
    08-13-16 09:08 PM
    Am just hoping that going into android will be the end for BB10 device,because there will be no more update for them.....
    just get DTEK or priv. you can get what you like on bb10 with Android App access.
    08-14-16 09:45 AM
    I don't get why anyone would hope for it to end. Does it benefit you somehow if a system other than the one you use fails? Do you feel better about yourself like you could pat yourself on the back that you're on the "winning" team or something? I don't get it. Kind of short-sighted thinking since competition helps consumers and monopolies help the corporations, I guess we're cheering on the corporations now, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    BGRS, gng11, FF22 and 3 others like this.
    08-14-16 10:08 AM
    I don't get why anyone would hope for it to end. Does it benefit you somehow if a system other than the one you use fails? Do you feel better about yourself like you could pat yourself on the back that you're on the "winning" team or something? I don't get it. Kind of short-sighted thinking since competition helps consumers and monopolies help the corporations, I guess we're cheering on the corporations now, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I agree, it doesn't help anyone. Cheering for an OS to end makes zero sense. But the fact of the matter is that Blackberry is the one that decided to throw in the towel on BB10, and people are moving on.
    08-14-16 10:19 AM
    I agree, it doesn't help anyone. Cheering for an OS to end makes zero sense. But the fact of the matter is that Blackberry is the one that decided to throw in the towel on BB10, and people are moving on.
    And by "decided" you mean "forced". There is not a business case this side of Mars that makes sense to keep it going.
    tfitzpat03 and Muaya like this.
    08-14-16 10:23 AM
    And by "decided" you mean "forced".
    And by "forced" you mean made idiotic decisions that made them "decide" to throw in the towel.
    Fool Guy likes this.
    08-14-16 10:25 AM
    And by "forced" you mean made idiotic decisions that made them "decide" to throw in the towel.
    I still argue that BB10 was DOA regardless of good or bad decisions made subsequently. The governing issue was being 3 years late to market.
    08-14-16 10:29 AM
    I still argue that BB10 was DOA regardless of good or bad decisions made subsequently. The governing issue was being 3 years late to market.
    I agree totally. Not that other things didn't drive the knife in further, but the fact that they showed up late to the game really decided their fate.
    08-14-16 10:31 AM
    I don't' disagree with that, which is one of the idiotic decisions they made. On top of that if you are going to be late then you better roll out with something pretty solid, and 10.0 was a complete mess. And when your first device has the worst battery life of any phone you've ever released and a camera straight out of 2008 you have a problem. Coupled with the fact that your marketing team has no idea what you are doing when up until the release of the Z10 they had done nothing but bash touchscreen phones, you have a problem.
    08-14-16 10:34 AM
    I don't' disagree with that, which is one of the idiotic decisions they made. On top of that if you are going to be late then you better roll out with something pretty solid, and 10.0 was a complete mess. And when your first device has the worst battery life of any phone you've ever released and a camera straight out of 2008 you have a problem. Coupled with the fact that your marketing team has no idea what you are doing when up until the release of the Z10 they had done nothing but bash touchscreen phones, you have a problem.
    Keven made a list in the summer of 2012 of what BlackBerry had to do to make BB10 a success, most here agreed with it... it only made sense.

But then BlackBerry has rarely done anything that makes sense....
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    08-15-16 07:22 AM
    i really don't know why some people want it to end but am trusting that BlackBerry will look into this issue and not let the solid OS10 die just like that.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 10:25 AM
    Oh no of course it's not the end. BlackBerry is 'committed to BlackBerry 10'. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-15-16 10:29 AM
    BB 10 is great, the family loves it... It's the dated 4.3 runtime that is the kill joy... (It's funny that we are losing the use of android apps due to BB not updating the runtime)

Not to further hold my kids back I replaced their Z10's with the DTEK50 as it is the only BB "now" option available. The free battery pack helped sweeten the deal (they will need it)...

Ordered 2 Priv(s) last night for me and the misses for the $500 each replacing her Z30 and I carry both a Z10 and a Classic (right hip, left hip style) so maybe the Priv is one stone to kill two birds for me...

We love BB10 - Just don't want to be left too far behind without any word on future products be they BB or Android...

Just my 160000 cents take on the matter... (2) DTEK50 = $600 and (2) Priv = $1000

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by tlchristy; 08-15-16 at 06:04 PM.
    snowden_generation and cman5 like this.
    08-15-16 11:40 AM
    It was always a better OS than Android, shouldn't go soon

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 11:55 AM
    i really don't know why some people want it to end but am trusting that BlackBerry will look into this issue and not let the solid OS10 die just like that.

Posted via CB10
    Some just don't understand why others don't understand that "trusting BlackBerry" is just not a wise thing.

Some of us trusted BlackBerry to do the right thing when they discovered that the STORM was designed with too little memory to operate correctly.
    Some of us trusted BlackBerry to do the right thing with the PlayBook and the promised BB10 upgrade.
    Some of us recognize that BB10 development was slowed greatly in 2014, and that after 10.3.2 was released at the end of 2014 (leaks), that it pretty much ended.

What there is now, is pretty much all there is going to be.....two security patches (if your carrier bothers with them), is about all BlackBerry can afford to invest in.
    anon(9188202) and Barbareren like this.
    08-15-16 11:56 AM
    I jumped ship a while back! Actually when the PRIV was launched and am really enjoying the seamless Google services on the device BUT I do miss the classic bbos 10 hub. Although android is a beast to be reckoned with its not the same as bbos10. I still think email, messages and calendar to me were the most important aspects but I've learned to work with the android version. I still have dreams of going back to bbos10!!!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-15-16 11:57 AM
    Now that BB has outsourced their HW production, they can actually concentrate on the SW side and work on getting their services on Android. If that means BB10 dies, then so be it.
    jas1978 and Avenzuno like this.
    08-15-16 02:14 PM
    I would not worry about it, as stated many times..............reports of my death have been premature. When it happens, then move on if you enjoy the OS than let the good times roll.
    Jrox74 and IndianTiwari like this.
    08-15-16 02:44 PM
    BB10's development alrea10 ended 20 months ago, and the developers reassigned or laid off.

BB10's support will continue through early next year, via the 2 security updates promised. How useful it will still be by then is a big question mark, though, as what little third-party support BB10 ever had is fading fast, and the Android Runtime is forever stuck at v4.3 and quickly becoming obsolete.
    Now that BB is in the Android market, why can't they do the legwork to update the runtime for BB10? I've always felt that navigation and multitasking is superior on bb10, I really only like Android for some apps
    08-15-16 03:23 PM
168 123 ...