Hello,

Any way to block all incoming Emergency Alerts and Cell Broadcast messages on the DTEK50? I'm even willing to pay for an app if it's guaranteed to stop the alerts. "Emergency Alert settings" is grayed out for me and I can't uncheck the box. I've unchecked all other boxes but can't do this one. If not, is there a way to remove the files associated to the sounds it makes when it happens? I understand the "importance" of these messages (Canada has now made it mandatory for telecoms to deliver alerts) but - I ... honestly ... don't ... care ... I just want to live my life without having to scramble for my phone in order to turn off an alert that I do not want to receive. No, I don't want to change my phone and get one that isn't compatible with the broadcasting - that would be an easy solution though

Thanks,
    05-01-18 02:12 PM
    just turn off LTE. alerts are only sent via LTE.
    05-05-18 06:08 AM
    Just to clarify my previous post: 4G is completely functional for everything else
    05-05-18 06:23 AM
    How often do you get them in Canada that they are such a nuisance?
    05-05-18 06:57 AM
    he just asked how to silence the alerts, which override mute on certain phones. he may need silence on the job (funeral director? recording artist?)
    05-05-18 09:48 AM
    We don't get them often (not the point though) - I just don't want to get them. Call it anti-social, call it being an a$$hole, call it being an extreme introvert...I just don't care about anything these alerts have to "offer" (example: If I am going to die due to the reason of the alert, I'd rather die not knowing what is coming lol).

4G, rather than LTE, it is Thanks 48Gurll!
    05-07-18 12:48 PM
    you're most welcome!
    05-07-18 01:23 PM
    I just sat through the 1:55 pm test of the system in a restaurant. watched a few folks start to freak out when the alarm sounded, apparently unaware of the scheduled test.

verified that no LTE = no alert.
    05-07-18 01:28 PM
    I installed Sound Profile PRO lite version, which allows almost-Blackberry sound and vibrate profiles. The vibrate only profile should take care of those alerts. Android doesn't seem to allow geo-fencing or meeting profile also check the PRO version of Sound Profile available in app store.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-18 01:05 PM
    I just sat through the 1:55 pm test of the system in a restaurant. watched a few folks start to freak out when the alarm sounded, apparently unaware of the scheduled test.

I can confirm the same thing My wife received 9 alerts during the previous Amber Alert that was over a 17 hour drive away - I received 0.
    05-18-18 10:54 AM

Is it that your phone is on an LTE network or that your phone has LTE? Reason for my asking is my phone is on 3G atm and I got the alerts this month.
    05-26-18 05:03 AM
    Is it that your phone is on an LTE network or that your phone has LTE? Reason for my asking is my phone is on 3G atm and I got the alerts this month.
    I had my phone set to 4G (still is actually) and was also connected to Wifi and never got the alerts.
    05-28-18 02:29 PM