If I take a picture with my DTEK50 it just disappears. It will show up in the preview area for a split second then be gone. I have a memory card installed that seems to be working because I can save apps to it but under the camera settings the toggle switch to save photos to SD is greyed out and can't be switched on. I have photos on the phone that were saved in the cloud from my z30 but I cannot add new ones.
    Seems like a strange issues any ideas how to fix it or do I have a lemon?
    05-01-17 04:47 PM
    How much storage is left on your internal drive?

Have you rebooted?

Try downloading another camera app.
    05-01-17 05:00 PM
    Yeah I've rebooted many times and tried formatting the card numerous times in different devices, it works fine on those ones but not the DTEK. I have not tried a different camera app that seems like an workaround not a solution. I would prefer to use the installed camera app. I also have about 7gb international storage free so thats not an issue.
    05-01-17 05:14 PM
    Have you ensure you have the latest updates for all the apps like camera from GPS?
    05-01-17 05:23 PM
    Yeah I called BlackBerry technical support and they are stumped as well, it's been escalated so hopefully they can figure out what is happening there.
    05-01-17 06:44 PM
    If I take a picture with my DTEK50 it just disappears. It will show up in the preview area for a split second then be gone. I have a memory card installed that seems to be working because I can save apps to it but under the camera settings the toggle switch to save photos to SD is greyed out and can't be switched on. I have photos on the phone that were saved in the cloud from my z30 but I cannot add new ones.
    Seems like a strange issues any ideas how to fix it or do I have a lemon?
    Try finding your pics in the Google Photos app. If you had a Z30 before, then you had a OS10 device, Android devices have the auto backup amenity linked to google.
    05-01-17 10:30 PM
    Yeah I've rebooted many times and tried formatting the card numerous times in different devices, it works fine on those ones but not the DTEK. I have not tried a different camera app that seems like an workaround not a solution. I would prefer to use the installed camera app. I also have about 7gb international storage free so thats not an issue.
    Another camera app might allow you to test the camera and see if it works.... if it does the issues is probable software.... maybe BlackBerry can give you a fix, or you'll have to do a Factory Reset.

If the 3rd party camera doesn't work.... could still be software (same fix), or it might be hardware.
    05-02-17 09:11 AM
    What do you mean you save Apps to your SD card? If you are doing that then you likely set up your SD card as adoptable storage rather then removable. Essentially it's your internal storage. Maybe that is why there isn't an SD option in camera as the SD is now your phone storage?
    05-02-17 09:22 AM
    I've tried a 3rd party camera app it's the exact same issue, the phone will take the picture than it just disappears, I've also formated the memory card both ways but that doesn't make a difference. waiting to hear back from BlackBerry if they can find a solution.
    05-02-17 12:24 PM
    I'd do a Factory Reset.... surprised that support didn't ask you to try that right off.

Do one with restore of old data, if it works continue on. If not do another without a restore....
    05-02-17 04:48 PM
    I have the same issue, but I have to restart the phone. Once I restart the phone the camera works and accepts the picture. I first thought it was because of low battery but it happened to me with high percentage as well.
    05-04-17 06:12 PM
    I have the same problem with my DETK50 - Wondering if there is a solution?

Thanks.
    05-25-17 10:36 AM
    I have put the Google Camera App (Google Inc - version 2.5.052) on my Phone - I have tried to find it on the Play Store and can not figure where the heck I found it - so far it is working fine - day 2 and it is still storing photos just fine. - I am using my SD card as an extension to my device memory not a separate storage device.
    05-26-17 12:48 PM
    Well. Day 5 with Google camera app and the dang thing won't store pictures again. After I reset the phone the App works fine again. Anyone know how to fix this? So frustrating!!!!
    05-30-17 11:55 PM
    Well. Day 5 with Google camera app and the dang thing won't store pictures again. After I reset the phone the App works fine again. Anyone know how to fix this? So frustrating!!!!
    Are you certain the issue is not with the SD card? Is the card the right speed and are you certain the card is not a knock off fake?

DTEK50 supports a micro SDXC UHS-I rated Class 10

such as: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-micro...UvbUpU12906056
    06-04-17 01:28 PM
    I am using a Sony Micr SD HC 10 I3 95mb/s 32 GB sr32ux Made in Taiwan - Purchased from Best Buy

I have 2 of them - will put in the other card and see what happens.
    06-04-17 04:17 PM
    Hi guys,
    My DTEK does exactly the same thing, I though I was seeing things untill I saw this thread, so it's not me.

I also have a class 10 adoptable microsd SanDisk.

It happens to about 2 out of 5 pictures taken, it just....dissapear, no error no nothing.
    06-07-17 06:04 PM
    So after 2 days with the new SD card. Which is identical as I bought them the same time camera has been working fine. Had a tough time getting the phone to like it as it kept saying it was corrupt then suddenly after swapping them back and forth about 5 times it all started to work fine. Card is formatted as an extension to the base memory.

I have no idea why it works now and not holding my breath that it will keep working
    06-07-17 08:39 PM
    Glad I didn't hold my breath - had to reset the phone to get the camera working - Man this is really frustrating - Going to try a new SD card and if that does not work - May purchase a different phone.

This is a shame as I really like the phone and BB app Suite overall.

I guess for $300.00 I was expecting more.

Expectations - The quickest way to a resentment!!!!
    06-09-17 03:56 PM
    I recently bought a Deteck 50..and like others here..the photos are not there...but...the file size and GPS infor is there...down loaded EX file manager and see all my recently taken photos... Something with the Google photo app that does not allow you to see the photos. Now EX file manager keeps crashing. Not sure this was a good purchase... never had problems with the Z10...only upgraded to keep Whats app working... work international so this is my life line back to family.
    06-20-17 11:42 PM
    My camera has been working good now for 2 weeks. I am no longer using the BlackBerry Camera Using a Google camera. it did not always work all the time but is now working. what's app is going to work till Dec 2017.
    06-20-17 11:45 PM
    well today I had to rest it I am starting to dislike this phone.
    06-23-17 06:49 PM
    well today I had to rest it I am starting to dislike this phone.
    Have you tried the strategies outlined in this article:

https://www.technobezz.com/fix-unfor...amera-stopped/

particularly strategies 3 to 9 in the list.

After following those steps, you may want to try a different third party camera app, for example Open Camera which I've been using on my DTEk50 for six months now and has worked flawlessly for me.
    06-24-17 03:33 PM
    blackberry advised me to factory reset the phone which I did and it has been working great ever since, my wife really likes the phone now. I would recommend anyone having the same issue to do a factory reset.
    06-26-17 08:36 PM
    Did your BlackBerry advice. Only time the camera quits working now I'd if a note comes up and states there is a new file found. Do I want to store my photos there. if I pick yes the camera will quit storing photos. I no longer pick yes and camera seems to keep working.
    06-30-17 09:16 PM