The design is no different from 1000 other android models out there in the market. Unlike any other BB model, this doesn't carry the BlackBerry logo on the front. Why?
    07-26-16 01:29 PM
    Android.

Period.
    07-26-16 01:31 PM
    Cheaper to use the same part as the Idol 4 rather than silkscreening a new batch of digitizers.

You want a BlackBerry logo on the front? Price goes up to $359.
    07-26-16 01:32 PM
    As far as I can see all Android device makers have their logos on the front. I dont see a problem with that.
    07-26-16 01:33 PM
    As far as I can see all Android device makers have their logos on the front. I dont see a problem with that.
    You're not getting the point. If they put the logo, they will need to stock screens with and without the logo, since the Idol 4 does not.
    jezy1m3rchant likes this.
    07-26-16 01:34 PM
    Because it's not a real Blackberry device, just a cheap chinese device by TCL named Blackberry instead of Alcatel
    Muaya, melander and satchit like this.
    07-26-16 01:34 PM
    So Foxxcon made all previous BlackBerry devices... What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 01:41 PM
    Cheaper to use the same part as the Idol 4 rather than silkscreening a new batch of digitizers.

You want a BlackBerry logo on the front? Price goes up to $359.
    This could be one reason. Personally it doesn't matter to me, however, just having the small logo at the back isn't really enough to make it stand out. IMO

It needs to have the BlackBerry Name on the front to let people know instantly what brand they are dealing with.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    jezy1m3rchant and Sairos like this.
    07-26-16 02:35 PM
    So Foxxcon made all previous BlackBerry devices... What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    Foxconn isn't an Android OEM, though; they just have factories. Alcatel/TCL, on the other hand, are an OEM, so they can design a phone and send the plans to their/someone else's factory and build it. BlackBerry takes the Alcatel design and slaps their name and OS flavor on it.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    07-26-16 02:41 PM
    They should have had the name on the front, no doubt about that.. All the previous BlackBerries had it.. You can't know the device from the front.. This is very important.. Also, the logo on the back should've been silver to make it more visible..
    07-26-16 02:42 PM
    They should have had the name on the front, no doubt about that.. All the previous BlackBerries had it.. You can't know the device from the front.. This is very important.. Also, the logo on the back should've been silver to make it more visible..
    Well said couldn't agree more!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 02:48 PM
    Totally agree! I am not buying one but I want to know when I see one in the wild. Even the logo symbol would help, if not the word BlackBerry.

Posted with my PRIV via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-26-16 04:22 PM
    Given that the audience is Enterprise, and that most people will put a case around it. Would it really matter? I doubt the CIO will care if there is a Blackberry logo. They just want a cheap secure mobile phone to use with their EMM platform. Blackberry might just give them some if they commit to a long term contract using BES.

Think about it. Sign up for BES for a year and get 50 phones for free. They can't do that with the Priv (too expensive) and no one wants BB10 phones which many not work with their needed apps.
    app_Developer, baspeed and jas1978 like this.
    07-26-16 04:29 PM
    I think perhaps the reason it don't have a BlackBerry logo on the front is bec BlackBerry is embarrassed that they put out such a phone just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Stephen Green likes this.
    07-26-16 04:40 PM
    As soon as you slap a blackberry name on it the sales will plummet. As much as people here don't wanna believe, the BlackBerry name is still tarnished. The less BlackBerry branding on their devices the better

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and LyoobaBerry like this.
    07-26-16 04:46 PM
    As soon as you slap a blackberry name on it the sales will plummet. As much as people here don't wanna believe, the BlackBerry name is still tarnished. The less BlackBerry branding on their devices the better

Posted via CB10
    What kind of argument is this? So putting the name on the phone won't make it sell.. So the user is willing to buy a BlackBerry but without the BlackBerry name because its tarnished..

The less Blackberry branding is better?.. How does this work if its STILL a BlackBerry product with a box that says BlackBerry everywhere and has BB Apps all over it.. Your arguement might work if its an all Alcatel device with BlackBerry's security features.. Something like a Nexus Made by Huawei or HTC.

Please give me a DTEK50.. Then I take the box and find BlackBerry's name on it, I freak out!.. oh my god worst brand ever.. I open the box only to find there is no BlackBerry name on the device, then I'm relaxed and back to calm mode.. Good, now I could show my friends a Nameless Device and tell them its alcatel or smth.. They'll appreciate that haha
    07-26-16 04:51 PM
    A plus, really. Many people nag about a company's logo being on the front.

Edit: But the DTEK50 does have big bezels, so it wouldn't have hurt to add the logo honestly.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-26-16 05:19 PM
    Not an issue. The logo is at the back. Helps with sales since blackberry trying to get back market share.
    07-26-16 05:24 PM
    Dtek could be the new brand for Android phones

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-26-16 05:59 PM
    What kind of argument is this? So putting the name on the phone won't make it sell.. So the user is willing to buy a BlackBerry but without the BlackBerry name because its tarnished..

The less Blackberry branding is better?.. How does this work if its STILL a BlackBerry product with a box that says BlackBerry everywhere and has BB Apps all over it.. Your arguement might work if its an all Alcatel device with BlackBerry's security features.. Something like a Nexus Made by Huawei or HTC.

Please give me a DTEK50.. Then I take the box and find BlackBerry's name on it, I freak out!.. oh my god worst brand ever.. I open the box only to find there is no BlackBerry name on the device, then I'm relaxed and back to calm mode.. Good, now I could show my friends a Nameless Device and tell them its alcatel or smth.. They'll appreciate that haha
    I guess you don't know many people that hate on a BlackBerry simply for the pure fact that's it's a BlackBerry. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the BlackBerry name is beyond repair and they desperately need to change the name of their phones /company. I think DTEK could be a good name for their phones in the future, just get rid of the word BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 10:33 PM
    The blackberry branding in the front would hurt sales.

I believe that at least for consumers, they want them to judge the phone, and only then find out its a blackberry.

Not to mention it's cheaper too.

But it's not like it matters, consumers walk into a store knowing two names. "IPhone" and "Samsung"

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    07-26-16 10:54 PM
    They said in the DTEK50 article that they left the front logo off to allow room for the Bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 10:57 PM
    They should have tried something like this. Sony a while ago had the logo on the film over the glass. People can remove the logo if they don't want it.

How to rid your Xperia phone of Sony's anti-shatter film, and what to replace it with | Android Central

DTEK50 Why no Blackberry branding on the front?-sony-asf-removal.jpg
    07-27-16 12:23 AM
    This could be one reason. Personally it doesn't matter to me, however, just having the small logo at the back isn't really enough to make it stand out. IMO

It needs to have the BlackBerry Name on the front to let people know instantly what brand they are dealing with.

If they won't spend $10K on a Web designer, they won't spent money on screen logos.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 12:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    So what you saying is, BlackBerry should try tick people into purchasing their phones by 'hiding' or not showing their brand name? Lol

Sairos likes this.
    07-27-16 12:33 AM
99 123 ...