I am very impressed with the DTEK50 and the BB smart flip case.

One issue I have found, when the case is closed, hub (email) notifications don't always wake the screen and display. There is the sound and light, but nothing shown on the screen, When the case is open, the screen wakes every time.

I use Textra, which has a setting to wake the screen with every notification, and that wakes the screen every time, case closed or not.

Am i missing something/some setting?

All in all, really impressed by this phone.

All help appreciated.
    02-05-17 04:56 PM
    I think that's how it works doesn't it? Check your notification settings or permissions maybe for the app you're using. Maybe that will help ya.
    02-06-17 01:24 AM
    Well, The case is supposed to make the screen sleep, but I think the spark notifications are supposed to show up in the portion of the screen the case does not cover, along with the time.
    02-06-17 11:15 AM
    Well, The case is supposed to make the screen sleep, but I think the spark notifications are supposed to show up in the portion of the screen the case does not cover, along with the time.
    I have a case. This is true.
    02-06-17 05:33 PM
    I heard that the smart flip case has some good features and I'm looking forward to getting one, which I've already ordered, for my DTEK50 very soon. From what I've read, I think you should make sure that "Screen wakes to" under Settings - Device - Display shows Lock Screen Notifications.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 09:36 AM
    Tried all those settings....

Just to repeat...love the DTEK 50 and the case is great. It's these little things that make me think I'm missing something sometimes...wouldn't change the phone or the case at this point.
    02-10-17 07:50 AM