When I travel, I'd like to be able to download images from my digital camera onto a wi-fi connected device so that I can process and post.

Z30 - USB-OTG works great, screen could be bigger for processing photos
    Dell Venue 8 7000 - screen is great, but USB-OTG is completely flaky. It connects for a while, then randomly disconnects during bulk file copy, which necessitates un-mounting and re-mounting. I've been using Solid Explorer with the USB-OTG add-on.

My question is, how is the USB-OTG on the DTEK50? This will give me some idea for the DTEK60, which has a larger screen, and much better resolution.

Thanks!
    10-03-16 08:07 PM
    Works great for me. Have never had it disconnect or anything.
    cbvinh likes this.
    10-03-16 08:12 PM
    No issue at all with otg USB. It works with most file managers such as Asus. However, if you install Solid Explorer, it somehow blocks it unless you pay for the otg USB add-on. Without the add-on, you can't even see the USB drive under Settings. Once Solid Explorer is uninstalled, the USB drive is working again. While the 99� isn't a big deal, I find it deplorable to block a native available feature to collect the money.
    10-03-16 10:02 PM
    No issue at all with otg USB. It works with most file managers such as Asus. However, if you install Solid Explorer, it somehow blocks it unless you pay for the otg USB add-on. Without the add-on, you can't even see the USB drive under Settings. Once Solid Explorer is uninstalled, the USB drive is working again. While the 99� isn't a big deal, I find it deplorable to block a native available feature to collect the money.
    I've paid for both Solid Explorer and the USB-OTG plugin.

I've contacted Solid Explorer and they've yet to respond. It's been months. I'm pretty much discounting their user support at this point.

I'll give the ASUS file manager a go.

Thanks!
    10-04-16 01:14 AM
    I uninstalled Solid Explorer and the USB-OTG plugin and tried to use the ASUS File Manager. It doesn't seem to see the USB-OTG device, which is just an SD card reader. I downloaded ES File Manager and it didn't see the USB device either. I re-installed Solid Explorer and the USB-OTG plugin and it worked... and even better, it's working like it should! No random disconnect! Maybe all it takes is an uninstall and re-install...
    10-04-16 02:40 AM