02-05-17 10:21 PM
37 12
tools
    I have a Shopblackberry phone and live 35 minutes from BlackBerry HQ. Go figure.
    Me too (except I only live 15 mins from HQ). Stuck in Dec.
    01-28-17 05:38 PM
    I have a Shopblackberry phone and live 35 minutes from BlackBerry HQ. Go figure
    One would like to think it's improbable that geographical location would affect a system update, at least for so long after initial release...

I've received updates the day of release (based on alerts by Forum members here) both in Canada and in the U.S. Purchased from ShopBB.com, unlocked and using pay as you go carriers in both Cda and U.S.

Have you checked with the free tech support for assistance?

Is it possible a configuration setting or some security related app or issue might be blocking a system update?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

I am following this thread out of interest and share your concern, because a delay like this could happen to any of us. I, like others are eager to understand why there are significant discrepancies for when updates ate recognized for download.
    falbo likes this.
    01-29-17 10:08 AM
    One would like to think it's improbable that geographical location would affect a system update, at least for so long after initial release...
    For the longest time, living two hours away from HQ meant you weren't getting any updates for your Priv, but there is a noticeable trend of delayed updates for the DTEK50 for some reason, both the general one month lag for security patches and some devices being stuck on fairly old releases. AAI482 (the December patch level, in January) autoloaders are available so that one's technically out for everyone. AAI795 (the January patch level, in January) autoloaders are still unavailable, so that's a matter of time.

The really interesting thing is if the February patch comes out in February.
    01-29-17 04:14 PM
    I am still on December Patch. Shop BlackBerry. My PRIV receives the updates immediately. So this kinda sucks.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    01-29-17 08:28 PM
    For the longest time, living two hours away from HQ meant you weren't getting any updates for your Priv
    From the map link you provided, the only explanation I can think of is that pesky "lake effect".....

On the serious side, however, the distribution system for updates does seem peculiar.

Has there ever been any inquiry with BB though Forum contacts to determine how updates are launched / distributed / triggered?

Is there any direct / indirect communication with BB and this Forum?

Steve
    01-30-17 09:40 AM
    Dark theme for launcher? I took the update (AA1795) earlier this morning. Went into the Hub settings but I do not see the dark theme option.
    Did another restart of my phone and still no dark theme option...I was looking forward to that option.
    01-30-17 11:48 AM
    I wonder if it's a bug in the repository or push system...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    01-30-17 12:48 PM
    Dark theme for launcher? I took the update (AA1795) earlier this morning. Went into the Hub settings but I do not see the dark theme option.
    Did another restart of my phone and still no dark theme option...I was looking forward to that option.
    It's not in the hub settings. Open the apps drawer then the gear cog top right and under theme switch to dark.
    01-31-17 12:11 AM
    My DTEK50 got the AAI795 update yesterday. I purchased my phone from Staples on Jan 2nd, got the Nov update the next day, got the Dec update a week later (1.6GB... ouch) and now two weeks later I get the January update.
    01-31-17 06:50 AM
    Thank you. I was thinking that the actual BlackBerry Hub was able to be switched to dark theme as well. Like I had been waiting for with my Z30.
    01-31-17 11:39 AM
    Thank you. I was thinking that the actual BlackBerry Hub was able to be switched to dark theme as well. Like I had been waiting for with my Z30.
    Dark theme for the hub is apparently still on its way . So maybe soon !
    01-31-17 02:05 PM
    Dark anything on droid can eat me. Should have had those features from. Day effing ONE on BlackBerry 10
    02-05-17 10:21 PM
37 12