Hello, I have a dtek50 and I've been sent an update - so I started the update. After a few minutes, it then stated that it couldn't update my system because of a verification problem. It also said that if I was experiencing a verification error, to visit blackberrymobile.com/OTAfix/ - so I visited, and got a 404 page not found error; the screen reads 'ooops... something went wrong'.

Does anybody understand what might be happening so I can fix this and update my phone?

Thanks to all who take the time.
    06-09-18 08:01 PM
    Hello, I have a dtek50 and I've been sent an update - so I started the update. After a few minutes, it then stated that it couldn't update my system because of a verification problem. It also said that if I was experiencing a verification error, to visit blackberrymobile.com/OTAfix/ - so I visited, and got a 404 page not found error; the screen reads 'ooops... something went wrong'.

Does anybody understand what might be happening so I can fix this and update my phone?

Thanks to all who take the time.
    Uninstall Google Play Services updates, and then run the update.
    06-09-18 08:52 PM
    How? I tried to 'force stop' with no results, and I've tried to 'disable', which disappeared both the notification to update, and the 'system updates' (manual) option.
    06-11-18 07:38 AM
    How? I tried to 'force stop' with no results, and I've tried to 'disable', which disappeared both the notification to update, and the 'system updates' (manual) option.
    Settings, apps, Google Play Services, tap 3 dots and "uninstall updates".
    06-11-18 08:17 AM
    The 3 dots do not exist.
    06-11-18 08:19 AM
    The 3 dots do not exist.
    06-11-18 09:03 AM
    Attached is a PDF copy of the Blackberry KB article on this subject.
    06-11-18 09:25 AM
    Again, they do not exist.
    Attached Thumbnails dtek50 update issue-screenshot_20180611-103825.jpg  
    06-11-18 09:40 AM
    Deselect what? Nothing is selected.
    Attached Thumbnails dtek50 update issue-screenshot_20180611-103753.jpg  
    06-11-18 09:41 AM
    Again, they do not exist.
    You have completed the task already and are on an ancient version of Google Play Services - fall 2016 vintage.

Reboot and do the OS update.
    06-11-18 10:31 AM
    ...And the strangeness continues. OK, so somehow, someway my phone completed the download, and then installed the update. I was playing with the overlay when I received & listened to your post telling me to try, so perhaps that had something to do with it? IDK

Anyway, the installation seemed to be completed without issue except that when my phone rebooted, I had a notification for an update, and I got the same result when I checked it manually, it says 'update available'. How can this be? I believe the update is larger as well - the one I'd just downloaded being ~90mb, and this one ~140mb.

CURRENT PHONE INFO...

Model Number:
    STH100-2
    Android Version:
    Android Security Patch Level:
    January 5, 2018

I do remember, prior to the installation that I'd just done that the date of the previous patch level had been sometime in the second half of 2017, so I'm sure an update did occur, but now another one? Am I doing every update that this phone missed before I get the newest? Should I continue to update until I no longer have the option?
    06-11-18 12:29 PM
    ...And the strangeness continues. OK, so somehow, someway my phone completed the download, and then installed the update. I was playing with the overlay when I received & listened to your post telling me to try, so perhaps that had something to do with it? IDK

Anyway, the installation seemed to be completed without issue except that when my phone rebooted, I had a notification for an update, and I got the same result when I checked it manually, it says 'update available'. How can this be? I believe the update is larger as well - the one I'd just downloaded being ~90mb, and this one ~140mb.

CURRENT PHONE INFO...

Model Number:
    STH100-2
    Android Version:
    Android Security Patch Level:
    January 5, 2018

I do remember, prior to the installation that I'd just done that the date of the previous patch level had been sometime in the second half of 2017, so I'm sure an update did occur, but now another one? Am I doing every update that this phone missed before I get the newest? Should I continue to update until I no longer have the option?
    You have a second update, which doesn't require the Play Services workaround.

Don't forget to update Play Services again, and turn back on both Google Backup and Find My Device.
    06-11-18 01:33 PM