Great! New toy arrived this afternoon - and has to go straight back as it is defective. It does not get past the Welcome screen, the power charger is for Europe not the UK and there appears to be a dead pixel by the convenience key. So BB is taking it back. However tech support were not sure about the stupid shield on the screen. They thought it might be a sticker but it does not appear to be so. Does this go away when the phone as booted? or is it a sticker and I just cannot see it?
    08-15-16 09:59 AM
    You mean right when you open the box the thing covering like 30% of the screen? That is definitely a scratch guard for shipping purposes. It peels off, or you wouldn't be able to see what's on your screen otherwise.

However, I'm not sure of that's what you mean
    08-15-16 10:20 AM
    Thanks - that is exacty what I meant. I just can't see a way to get it off and don't want to damage the screen
    08-15-16 10:44 AM
    08-15-16 11:14 AM
    Hi Gizmo21 - did you want to say something? I managed to get the sticker off, and tried turning it on again, and suddenly it went into setup! It now seems to be working but getting a British charger seems to be a bit of a challange for Tech support
    08-15-16 11:27 AM
    they sent me a charger for Europe not the UK and are now being silly about sending me the correct charger. Can I use the Pasport Charger
    08-15-16 11:35 AM
    they sent me a charger for Europe not the UK and are now being silly about sending me the correct charger. Can I use the Pasport Charger
    yes
    08-15-16 12:16 PM
    Just return the phone and get a flip phone

ROTFL

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    JeromeM likes this.
    08-15-16 12:40 PM
    Evodevo69 - why?
    08-15-16 01:52 PM
    Hi Gizmo21 - did you want to say something? I managed to get the sticker off, and tried turning it on again, and suddenly it went into setup! It now seems to be working but getting a British charger seems to be a bit of a challange for Tech support
    Glad it worked out for you. In all fairness, the dtek had the most "stuck on" scratch guard of any of my phones.

The passport charger will work. However, i'm from North America so I don't have this issue, but I seem to recall seeing an adaptor of sorts for the charger in an unboxing video? Search your box and see if the charger it came with either comes apart or has an attachment on it. That might be your problem.

Don't mind the others, they're just poking fun.

Good luck.
    08-15-16 03:40 PM
    Thanks very much. I am in London in the UK. As a BB user since the year dot, the first thing I tried was pulling the plug apart! No luck. Eventually I got to the right place in TS in Mexico and they are sending me a replacement for the UK. I have spent the last few hours setting it up and I suspect a few bugs, but guess they will eventually be sorted. I am gradually getting the hang of it! I have yet to sort out the mobile charger that was included but noticed in the leaflet with it that no cable is included. BB have a great knack of shooting themselves in the foot!
    08-15-16 03:48 PM
    This is a great read. Thanks people

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-16 09:09 AM