I've been noticing over the past few months that my phone is getting sluggish. Apps start up slower. Notifications that are both visual and audible come a second or two apart. Webpages load slower. I've had the phone for a little more than a year. I don't use the phone for any gaming. Just mainly communication, Waze, and random Pandora or Google Play music. Is this typical of a mid-grade Android device? If so, to what level of device should I move if I want a very snappy unit?
    big_time2 likes this.
    11-29-17 06:15 PM
    I've been noticing over the past few months that my phone is getting sluggish. Apps start up slower. Notifications that are both visual and audible come a second or two apart. Webpages load slower. I've had the phone for a little more than a year. I don't use the phone for any gaming. Just mainly communication, Waze, and random Pandora or Google Play music. Is this typical of a mid-grade Android device? If so, to what level of device should I move if I want a very snappy unit?
    Clear your cache an reboot. Setting, storage, internal then click on cached data. Give it a few seconds to clear then Reboot. This should be periodically to avoid corrupt files that can cause issues.
    big_time2 likes this.
    11-29-17 06:39 PM
    Clear your cache an reboot. Setting, storage, internal then click on cached data. Give it a few seconds to clear then Reboot. This should be periodically to avoid corrupt files that can cause issues.
    Thanks. Tried it, but it didn't really make a difference.
    big_time2 likes this.
    11-30-17 07:53 AM
    Thanks, I tried this and it has worked really well. I had to do it twice but the change is really dramatic. Almost like new.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    12-01-17 03:30 AM
    that's how android is on mid-range devices.
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-01-17 03:34 AM
    Also clear your browser cache as well!
    12-02-17 03:28 AM
    That's every Android, not just mid-range. Android devices just start slowing down after some time.
    12-03-17 08:57 AM
    That's every Android, not just mid-range. Android devices just start slowing down after some time.
    The last update did disastrous things. To the battery also.
    Thanks, I tried this and it has worked really well. I had to do it twice but the change is really dramatic. Almost like new.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    12-08-17 10:59 AM
    No they don't.

An Android device that is properly managed will never slow down.

Clear cached data and reboot when it climbs to around 800MB or more, and do a factory reset every 6 months. It will always behave like new.
    12-08-17 11:29 AM
    The last update did disastrous things. To the battery also.
    There is always a chance of something going wrong with a particular device during an OTA update.

Do a factory reset to correct it.
    12-08-17 11:30 AM
    I've had my 50 for 15 months now and it's as fast as the day I bought it.
    12-09-17 11:19 AM