Last night I turned off my phone & this morning when I turned it on it starts to boot through the spinning symbols, past the Android icon then I get Android updating 1 of 3 apps, then Android is starting...after a few minutes I come to my lock screen and when I draw my pattern it doesn't do anything. Just sits at the pattern screen for a minute and reboots the phone.

I even tried using the wrong pattern so I can do a reset but after I do it a few times it gives me the 29-second countdown and after that nothing, I can't draw a pattern again and it reboots a few seconds later.

Just stuck in a loop.

UPDATE: I see that BB has seems to disown their DTEK phones by having no support, can't download an autoloader for them so after 16 years of being a BB user my days are over. I ordered a Samsung S8 and I'm finally done with BB.
    Last edited by cjsa hm; 10-29-18 at 08:18 AM.
    10-28-18 03:45 PM
    My son's phone was doing something similar. He was adding and deleting games all the time. I took over the phone and deleted all but the apps that came on the device. I then added back all the apps I had used prior (not my 10 year old sons) and then rebooted a couple times. Now zero issues. I suggest giving that a try. Others also suggest a complete reinstall.
    10-29-18 11:25 PM
    Last night I turned off my phone & this morning when I turned it on it starts to boot through the spinning symbols, past the Android icon then I get Android updating 1 of 3 apps, then Android is starting...after a few minutes I come to my lock screen and when I draw my pattern it doesn't do anything. Just sits at the pattern screen for a minute and reboots the phone.

I even tried using the wrong pattern so I can do a reset but after I do it a few times it gives me the 29-second countdown and after that nothing, I can't draw a pattern again and it reboots a few seconds later.

Just stuck in a loop.

UPDATE: I see that BB has seems to disown their DTEK phones by having no support, can't download an autoloader for them so after 16 years of being a BB user my days are over. I ordered a Samsung S8 and I'm finally done with BB.
    You could have just run the Mobile Upgrade Tool.
    10-29-18 11:36 PM
    What exactly is the "Mobile Upgrade Tool?"
    11-15-18 01:31 AM
    Nobody can help you. Like me with Dtek60, and need autoloader lastest build, but this forum like web page blackberrymobile.com, useless. Wait and pray they make lastest autoloader. =)))))))))))))))))))
    nhatanh181 likes this.
    11-15-18 03:33 AM
    Nobody can help you. Like me with Dtek60, and need autoloader lastest build, but this forum like web page blackberrymobile.com, useless. Wait and pray they make lastest autoloader. =)))))))))))))))))))
    ?? All people do is help people on the majority of these forum posts. It's apparent that either many don't have that many problems with the DTEK 50 or users have moved onto another device. After I took things back to factory, did not perform a factory reset, on my son's former DTEK50 it cleared up hanging "app optimization" hang when booting up. Size that time I have had zero issues. Try removing all non system apps and then reboot and see if it helps. Then add back apps one by one. It was 100 percent one of the many games our son added over the course of his usage.
    11-17-18 12:33 PM
    The first balckberry i've use blackberry 8110 (year's 2009), and many one of them use os 4.5 to 7.1. After i used Z30, Passport, Q10 with OS 10. I can control wipe or security all of them. But now you see the blackberry android can't do it, they update security patch but don't have file like autoloader with build like that. And when your phone have fault (like your son dell some system app he don't know), you like me can't do anything beacause we DON'T HAVE ANY FILE AUTOLOADER WITH THE LASTEST BUILD. In many country don't have customer care blackberry. I don't care who is blackberry or TCL company, we're using their product but they don't care. So sorry my bad english.
    11-17-18 11:41 PM