Does anyone know how much I'll be able to get DTEK in Australia for?

Posted via CB10
    abathia likes this.
    08-14-16 01:11 AM
    It's $599 with free delivery at bbstore.com.au. Not sure who else will hold it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-14-16 05:14 PM
    I am also wandering same
    and the website bbstore.com.au is that reliable?
    08-15-16 10:14 PM
    as if you ring that bbstore website, seems dodgy
    08-15-16 10:20 PM
    That's not local stock. Check out Unlocked Mobiles UK or Clove UK for the same model, shipped Express for around AUD$430.
    abathia likes this.
    08-15-16 10:46 PM
    That's not local stock. Check out Unlocked Mobiles UK or Clove UK for the same model, shipped Express for around AUD$430.
    08-15-16 11:12 PM
    Unlocked Mobiles UK and Clove UK are also both official DTEK50 retailers.

bbstore.com.au isn't.

The official launch of DTEK50 in Australia shouldn't be too far away.

But I was impatient. I ordered mine from Unlocked last Thursday and it arrived yesterday via Fedex International Priority.
    abathia likes this.
    08-15-16 11:50 PM
    Bbstore.com.au is a bit hit and miss with the phones. Only two people working there. That is what happens when only stock BlackBerrys. Any ways, they are legit and sell unlocked phones that suit the local market. They source from suitable stock around the world. I have bought three or four BlackBerrys from them over the years and even though they are generally more expensive, I find it is good to buy locally and support an organisation that has stuck with BlackBerry. Warranty is also covered in country, which is nice.

abathia likes this.
    08-16-16 12:09 AM
    Bbstore.com.au is a bit hit and miss with the phones. Only two people working there. That is what happens when only stock BlackBerrys. Any ways, they are legit and sell unlocked phones that suit the local market. They source from suitable stock around the world. I have bought three or four BlackBerrys from them over the years and even though they are generally more expensive, I find it is good to buy locally and support an organisation that has stuck with BlackBerry. Warranty is also covered in country, which is nice.

The warranty issue is a fair point. Instead of sending the DTEK50 back to the UK you would only need to send it back to Sydney and they'd deal with sending it back to their source. But in the case of the DTEK50 you're paying a $170 extra for that.
    abathia likes this.
    08-16-16 12:39 AM
    Yep, they are expensive

Em2016 and abathia like this.
    08-16-16 12:54 AM
    Thanks for this valuable information, I will order from clove or unlocked as not in mood to wait. But anyway no technical issues if u use here? And I guess charger will be issue for power adopter, please clarify for technical issues when chance
    08-16-16 01:12 PM
    Does anyone know if any Aus carriers are going to stock it?
    08-17-16 07:31 AM
    Unlocked Mobiles UK and Clove UK are also both official DTEK50 retailers.

bbstore.com.au isn't.

The official launch of DTEK50 in Australia shouldn't be too far away.

But I was impatient. I ordered mine from Unlocked last Thursday and it arrived yesterday via Fedex International Priority.
    Did the mobile charger also came in the same shipment?
    08-17-16 09:35 AM
    Did the mobile charger also came in the same shipment?
    The portable battery pack is coming separately. There was a delay with it. But Unlocked shipped the phone separately and I got an email yesterday saying the battery pack is due to be shipped at some point within the next couple weeks. Might be sooner. I'm happy they shipped the phone separately instead of trying to save money by shipping both the phone and battery pack together later.

The phone came via Fedex Priority (which I paid for) but they will send the battery pack at no extra cost, via Royal Air Post, which is ok with me.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-17-16 06:43 PM
    Does anyone know if any Aus carriers are going to stock it?
    Shan, I think that's the big question!

I'm going up to my local Optus store today to check out the priv, cos they've dropped the plan price to $67 per month: $40 x 1 gb data, and $27 repayment for two years. That makes the phone cost $648.

I'm already on a $40 x 8gb, one year plan (byo Classic), so I'm going to see if they can sell me the Priv at $27 repayment on top of my current plan. That way I get 8gb data, and retain 300 mins overseas phone calls.

Anyway, haven't made my mind up yet. Problem with my Classic is that it doesn't have a couple of the OPtus bands I need here in Sydney. Phone works well, but I only ever get 3 bars showing.
    ShanRVN likes this.
    08-17-16 07:24 PM
    The portable battery pack is coming separately. There was a delay with it. But Unlocked shipped the phone separately and I got an email yesterday saying the battery pack is due to be shipped at some point within the next couple weeks. Might be sooner. I'm happy they shipped the phone separately instead of trying to save money by shipping both the phone and battery pack together later.

The phone came via Fedex Priority (which I paid for) but they will send the battery pack at no extra cost, via Royal Air Post, which is ok with me.
    Em what do you think of the dtek? What phones have you had before?

(I've has the BB flip and the 9700 which I used for 6 years until recently, and now the Classic)
    08-17-16 07:27 PM
    ok but battery pack is included i understood in price as was on blackberry site pre order. and how about power adaptor, you cannot use it so either buy localy different of only usb right?
    08-17-16 08:52 PM
    Em what do you think of the dtek? What phones have you had before?

(I've has the BB flip and the 9700 which I used for 6 years until recently, and now the Classic)
    Heavens1, I'm lovin the DTEK. Had a 9000, then 9700, then Q10 then Classic then Priv. Had iPhones and Nexus'es along the way too.

I commented previously on other threads that BB's 6.0.1 version on the Priv was perfect. But the Priv was too big and heavy for me. The DTEK50 with a 128gb SD card is great. The only minor issue for me is battery life but I've got two proper Quickcharge 2.0 chargers coming soon - one wall and one car. The morning and evening car trips will top the battery to 100% on Quick Charge easily.

Build quality is fantastic too. It looks better in person than photos too.

It's a winner for sure. But I'm not new to this OS though. If you've only used BB 7 and 10 there will be a learning curve initially. And it's not just BB10 with more apps. But if you keep a positive mindset and get to know all the functionality you'll come to love it too, especially access to the Google Play Store.

I'm still keeping my Classic, just for weekends when I'm out. The classic BB look is still a head turner and it's still a great phone when I don't need any apps like when I'm out on the weekends.

Hopefully the Oz release isn't too far away for those waiting for proper local stock and local support. For you guys I hope there's a retail or even BB online direct option - something independent of carriers, just for those that want that option.

I'm just happy to do my very small part in hopefully keeping the BB handsets division going. The success (and life) of that division first rests on the DTEK50, until any other phones come out. So I hope it's a sales winner.
    Last edited by Em2016; 08-17-16 at 10:52 PM.
    anon(3641385) and Jrox74 like this.
    08-17-16 10:40 PM
    .... I'm going up to my local Optus store today to check out the priv, cos they've dropped the plan price to $67 per month: $40 x 1 gb data, and $27 repayment for two years. That makes the phone cost $648.

I'm already on a $40 x 8gb, one year plan (byo Classic), so I'm going to see if they can sell me the Priv at $27 repayment on top of my current plan. That way I get 8gb data, and retain 300 mins overseas phone calls.

Anyway, haven't made my mind up yet. Problem with my Classic is that it doesn't have a couple of the OPtus bands I need here in Sydney. Phone works well, but I only ever get 3 bars showing.
    Oh well, best laid plans etc .... nah can't do the deal with Optus re the Priv on a plan. The Priv is in stock but they won't upgrade the data currently included in the plan, 1gb, to the data on the plan I'm on - 10gb. And I've got 300 international mins free and they won't include that either. Even if Optus had just given me 2gb of data I would have jumped. And yep, I spoke to the retention department as well, because I've been with Optus for many years.

So .... nothing wrong with my brand new Classic, just some of the bands missing, lol
    08-18-16 03:17 AM
    Heavens1, I'm lovin the DTEK. Had a 9000, then 9700, then Q10 then Classic then Priv. Had iPhones and Nexus'es along the way too. .......

....... I'm just happy to do my very small part in hopefully keeping the BB handsets division going. The success (and life) of that division first rests on the DTEK50, until any other phones come out. So I hope it's a sales winner.
    Yeah, I'm not too too concerned at not picking up the Priv from Optus in one way, cos there are 2 new devices to be released in the coming months and they, hopefully, will be more bedded down in android than these first models. Well ..... we'll see, eh!
    08-18-16 03:19 AM
    HI
    Just want to check as per your advised as I am placing an order for DTEK50, which co is good to deal with Clove or Unlocked from UK.
    As I don't see any news coming to Australia soon
    08-25-16 08:55 PM
    They are popping up on eBay for low $400s now but from fairly no name HK sellers.

However T-Dimension told me they should have it in stock next week but pricing is TBA, they should be on eBay as well. Going to pick one up for my partner to replace her Leap.
    08-25-16 08:59 PM
    HI
    Just want to check as per your advised as I am placing an order for DTEK50, which co is good to deal with Clove or Unlocked from UK.
    As I don't see any news coming to Australia soon
    All the reviews I've read both here and on Whirlpool give both clove and unlocked mobiles (both in the UK) the thumbs up.

Make sure you know which version of dtek you want to buy, check with your telco's bands and then sort out out the version (probably international model).

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    08-25-16 09:08 PM
    Yep I can vouch for Unlocked. I've bought from Clove in the past too. They're both official Blackberry DTEK50 retailers too, whereas the eBay sites may not be. But surely it can't be too far from a local release. Even though I took the early plunge with Unlocked I'd say give it a couple more weeks! :-)
    Last edited by Em2016; 08-26-16 at 01:09 AM.
    08-25-16 09:25 PM
    hi Thanks for that
    I was checking clove site, is only one model, so should be that one i can use here in Australia right?
    08-25-16 10:25 PM
41 12