same situation for me....even thoughh i have a Z30 for a secondary phone
    01-21-17 07:23 AM
    In the greater scheme of things, I heard only 1 - 2% of all android phones have the Nougat update!

Fingers crossed!
    02-10-17 07:30 PM
    I have some dout, Blackberry release any schedule of updates ? Samsung release a schedule saying when their phones will receive updates after Galaxy S7.
    02-24-17 06:33 PM
    I have some dout, Blackberry release any schedule of updates ? Samsung release a schedule saying when their phones will receive updates after Galaxy S7.
    True, then again, BlackBerry schedule or say anything ever? like for example till when the DTEK50 will get security patches and be the most secure phone in the world!
    02-24-17 07:46 PM
    True, then again, BlackBerry schedule or say anything ever? like for example till when the DTEK50 will get security patches and be the most secure phone in the world!
    BlackBerry hasn't released any of that, at least they haven't released it publicly. However, DTEK50 has been getting pretty consistent monthly security updates, which is a good indicator that it will possibly get Nougat and that it will continue getting security updates for a long time.
    02-25-17 09:53 AM
    Yes, BlackBerry is currently working with Google. It will take them 6-8 months to inject their security sauce into Nougat.
    Conite, do you know when DTEK60 devices will receive Android Nougat and/or Oreo?
    04-27-18 01:16 AM
    Conite, do you know when DTEK60 devices will receive Android Nougat and/or Oreo?
    DTEKs will not get either.
    04-27-18 02:24 AM
    DTEKs will not get either.
    Blackberry can't even provide the monthly updates, leave alone an OS update!!
    They are deliberately distancing themselves from the Dteks, making life difficult for owners, in the hope that they will purchase a keyone... 'support' is a joke, so no way are they going to offer ANYTHING for Dteks.. (27th April, and NO sign of a monthly update....again!!)
    falbo likes this.
    04-27-18 11:55 AM
    Blackberry can't even provide the monthly updates, leave alone an OS update!!
    They are deliberately distancing themselves from the Dteks, making life difficult for owners, in the hope that they will purchase a keyone... 'support' is a joke, so no way are they going to offer ANYTHING for Dteks.. (27th April, and NO sign of a monthly update....again!!)
    Last 5 months:

Nov - Nov 14 - AAQ934

Dec - Dec 20 - AAR941

Jan - Jan 23 - AAT497

Feb - Feb 9 - AAU660

Mar - Mar 12 / Mar 26 - AAW223/AAW609

DTEK50

Nov - Nov 7 - AAQ649

Dec - Dec 20 - AAR950

Jan - Jan 26 - AAU076

Feb - Feb 9 - AAU659

Mar - Mar 12- AAW067
    04-27-18 12:03 PM
    Last 5 months:

Nov - Nov 14 - AAQ934

Dec - Dec 20 - AAR941

Jan - Jan 23 - AAT497

Feb - Feb 9 - AAU660

Mar - Mar 12 / Mar 26 - AAW223/AAW609

DTEK50

Nov - Nov 7 - AAQ649

Dec - Dec 20 - AAR950

Jan - Jan 26 - AAU076

Feb - Feb 9 - AAU659

Mar - Mar 12- AAW067
    Those are just 'dates' that they were 'posted'.
    The REALITY is, many many owners are receiving them LATER and LATER, (cue Conite and his 'regulatory clearances' etc. etc. )
    posted dates mean NOTHING unless OWNERS actually get these updates....
    More 'smoke and mirrors Conite, and well you know it!!
    04-27-18 01:27 PM
    Those are just 'dates' that they were 'posted'.
    The REALITY is, many many owners are receiving them LATER and LATER, (cue Conite and his 'regulatory clearances' etc. etc. )
    posted dates mean NOTHING unless OWNERS actually get these updates....
    More 'smoke and mirrors Conite, and well you know it!!
    Those are the dates I received them.

And yes, some others have to wait longer - the only explanation for which is BBMo's maniacal nature.
    04-27-18 01:27 PM
    Those are the dates I received them.

And yes, some others have to wait longer - the only explanation for which is BBMo's maniacal nature.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...537a59d2d8.gif
    some??
    Most of the world, except a few 'favoured NA reciprients,'
    There are still more without regular updates, than get them 'on time' like you..
    Read the posts regarding non arrival of updates!!
    04-27-18 04:28 PM
    some??
    Most of the world, except a few 'favoured NA reciprients,'
    There are still more without regular updates, than get them 'on time' like you..
    Hard to know the actual statistics.

But factory-unlocked NA devices are the most prevalent variant for both DTEKs.
    04-27-18 04:47 PM
    Hard to know the actual statistics.

But factory-unlocked NA devices are the most prevalent variant for both DTEKs.
    Yet 'Europe and the rest of the world ' don't buy as many as Good old NA then??
    Pull the other one Conite...
    There's a BIG WIDE world outside the North of America, wouldn't you know??
    And you ain't the 'centre of the universe' any more!!
    04-27-18 05:03 PM
    I'm not sure what any of that has to do with which variant is the most sold - which is the NA factory-unlocked one.

Because of the regional regulations in all of the various countries and carriers outside of NA, there are about 40 separate variants for each of the two DTEKs.

The reason for all of the variants is so they can specifically target the individual groups for updates, independent of each other.
    Last edited by conite; 04-27-18 at 05:23 PM.
    04-27-18 05:08 PM
    Either North America is what's in fact more important to BBMo/TCL with its support or there are unknown or undisclosed encumbrances dealing in parts of Europe, Asia or any other place. Just because an economic region like Europe says it supports free trade doesn't mean it's eliminated all of the necessary regulations that existed before or through some quirky regulation still exist. Face it, the ownership structure of BBMo/TCL and it's ultimate origin country may place it with some unique limitations within the EU.

Reality is that companies prioritize, based on limited resources, where to concentrate support. If that makes you feel like it's a better explanation, there you go. DTEK sold better in NA so it gets priority. I don't believe this makes any sense as it won't save BBMo/TCL any money other than if there are some additional taxes or charges to distribute the updates beyond where the updates reside on servers now.
    04-27-18 05:27 PM
    Suggestion grab higher spec BlackBerry motion 4GB ram ,32GB storage,2GZ CPU and 64bit . The dtek 50 spec is much lower spec 3GB ram ,16GB storage and battery issues .No obligation.
    04-28-18 09:43 PM
    Suggestion grab higher spec BlackBerry motion 4GB ram ,32GB storage,2GZ CPU and 64bit . The dtek 50 spec is much lower spec 3GB ram ,16GB storage and battery issues .No obligation.
    And be 'pissed all over again' by 'blackberry'???
    No thanks, fed up with 'promises' that are nothing but 'hot air'
    My sons Moto G4 has Nougat, (and least Motorola never even promised that!!, or regular updates, but he still got them!!)And the rumour is, Moto G4 'might' get Oreo as well!!
    All for a phone that cost £60 LESS than my Dtek50, and performs just as well!!
    So much for the vaunted 'securest android phone'!! Total B/S even keyone owners later and later getting any updates...
    Shell company, flogging whatever they can to whoever they can for a few pieces of silver!!
    04-29-18 04:38 AM
    Shell company, flogging whatever they can to whoever they can for a few pieces of silver!!
    Nor do they sell phones.
    04-29-18 07:43 AM
    Nor do they sell phones.
    Not talking about phones, rather the non existant updates

But they are flogging their software, and therefore responsible for UPDATES!! (which, we don't seem to be getting on time!!) Which was what the 'quote' referred to!!
    04-29-18 09:35 AM
    Not talking about phones, rather the non existant updates

But they are flogging their software, and therefore responsible for UPDATES!! (which, we don't seem to be getting on time!!) Which was what the 'quote' referred to!!
    The updates clearly exist, and appear in a timely manner. As to why they get held up in certain regions is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by conite; 04-29-18 at 10:57 AM.
    04-29-18 10:46 AM
    The updates clearly exist, and appear in a timely manner. As to why they get held up in certain regions is anyone's guess.
    So I assume that you already have the April one then, as NA is the 'favoured one', and you will receive the May one in a week or so?? seeing you are always pointing out that you always get yours on time!!

Regarding your 'certain regions' there are posts on here regarding owners in the same country, with unlocked phones, getting updates weeks apart, or not at all!!
    04-29-18 04:37 PM
    So I assume that you already have the April one then, as NA is the 'favoured one', and you will receive the May one in a week or so?? seeing you are always pointing out that you always get yours on time!!

Regarding your 'certain regions' there are posts on here regarding owners in the same country, with unlocked phones, getting updates weeks apart, or not at all!!
    Have you ever considered taking your complaint to your respective legislators or regulators?
    04-29-18 05:01 PM

April is not available yet - which is extremely abnormal, although I would suspect, like the blip a year ago, it has to do with the KEY² launch.

As I explained earlier, there are between 30 and 40 unique variants of both the DTEK50 and DTEK60. Each variant gets updates pushed after getting greenlit from whatever mechanism that mandated the variant in the first place.
    04-29-18 05:31 PM
    I'm sorry that the Android 7 was not released and will not be available for priv and dtek50...
    09-06-18 10:34 AM
127 ... 3456