Who actually turns off a phone every night anymore? I only do it every week or two.

Posted via CB10
    sethr, CerveloJohn and auditman like this.
    08-28-16 09:48 AM
    wow I'm done with this thread. I have a valid point and I'm getting attacked for it. This kind of sh*t isn't going to convert people to BB. Join a fansite and get attacked for having a very valid opinion.
    You aren't being attacked. What you consider a valid concern just doesn't really register with anyone as a concern. And even turning the phone off every night, one minute longer doesn't really make or break anything. If so, just set your alarm for one minute earlier then.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 09:56 AM
    wow I'm done with this thread. I have a valid point and I'm getting attacked for it. This kind of sh*t isn't going to convert people to BB. Join a fansite and get attacked for having a very valid opinion.
    You made a statement that boot times were poor by any standard and subsequently that Apple does the same thing and boots faster. BlackBerry fans may have some counter points or opposing opinions to contribute. As long as the conversation is being conducted in a cordial way, without insults, I would think it's fair game.

By the way, a BlackBerry would never allow another OS to be loaded on its devices - no jailbreak, no modified rom. A BlackBerry would also fail to boot if any system file had been altered. So obviously something very different is happening during a BlackBerry boot cycle.
    08-28-16 10:01 AM
    You aren't being attacked. What you consider a valid concern just doesn't really register with anyone as a concern. And even turning the phone off every night, one minute longer doesn't really make or break anything. If so, just set your alarm for one minute earlier then.

Or set the Do Not Disturb options.
    Then it is on in case of emergency.
    auditman likes this.
    08-28-16 10:27 AM
    First of all, why are iPhone lovers trolling on a BlackBerry DTEK50 thread?
    As for boot up times, are you guys friken serious?????
    I had a iPhone 6 for 6 months and find this DTEK50 superior on all fronts. I hate iOS for its keyboard, email, contacts, calendar integration, auto correct sucks. And no expandable memory!
    The app Store and ITunes are not integrated and a pain to use. What is that about?
    I dumped my whole Apple ecosystem for Google Cast. What a treat compared to Apple's at half the cost.
    Anyway, we are talking about a few seconds longer on boot up. Worth it to not use a barely changed Apple iOs in over 8 years.

Posted via my DTEK50
    auditman, CerveloJohn and CDM76 like this.
    08-28-16 10:38 AM
    Unfortunately your opinion is not even valid. Your one of those that comes here just to bash blackberry. Your not adding any value on this thread.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-28-16 11:56 AM
    The times were for the DTEK50. I turn mine off every night and back on every morning. It's a huge issue for some - just because it isn't for you doesn't mean it's a null point. Blackberry are competing in a very hard segment. Everything matters now. Every second matters.
    Then why not turn yours on while your putting on your under wear. this way you wouldn't notice the boot time.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-28-16 11:59 AM
    ok I've just timed my DTEK50 startup times and it was 1 min 25 seconds. That's ridiculous and no one can possibly defend that.

Edit: iPhone SE startup time is 15 seconds. Let that sink in for a second. The iPhone has a secure boot process too. Does this mean the DTEK50 is poorly optimised?
    A minute and 25 seconds, I don't mind the waiting time. I got used to the z10 boot time so that's something. Lol!

Oh and maybe there are other processes that the DTEK has while booting as compared to the iPhone. I wouldn't know, just a guess.

08-28-16 12:21 PM
    How about back in the days with the BB Curve and Bolds? ~5-10 minute boot times.

Since the DTEK's storage is encrypted out of the box, it's understandable for the longer boot time than the average Android. My Galaxy S5 was quick to boot until I encrypted the device then it takes ~2 minutes to boot.
    auditman likes this.
    08-28-16 04:10 PM
    To be fair though, the iPhone is a superb phone in my opinion. I've had to use them at certain points through work but I was a BlackBerry user before the first iPhone came out, which is why I hold a soft spot for BlackBerry and have supported them to this day. But comparing the DTEK50 to the iPhone SE or any iPhone isn't fair - just look at the price difference. I think pound-for-pound the DTEK50 is fantastic! And as a Day 1 BB10 user, I'm used to the long bootup time :-) I can see how it might initially frustrate someone new to BlackBerry and used to quicker times though.
    auditman likes this.
    08-28-16 04:17 PM
    Do you turn you phone off after every text, email or phone call? I don't get why this is so much of an issue for you. My Priv is much faster then the time you posted by the way.

I don't get it either. I pretty much never turn off my phone...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    CerveloJohn, auditman and sethr like this.
    08-28-16 05:41 PM
    The times were for the DTEK50. I turn mine off every night and back on every morning. It's a huge issue for some - just because it isn't for you doesn't mean it's a null point. Blackberry are competing in a very hard segment. Everything matters now. Every second matters.
    *Insert "but why" gif here*

CerveloJohn and auditman like this.
    08-28-16 05:41 PM
    Ok so I'm an "iSheep". you know, defending Blackberry for all their shortcomings is pretty sheeplike. I'm not biased to any manufacturer, I'm simply pointing out that it's an incredibly competitive market and having long bootup times isn't going go make reviewers rave about you. poor reviews result in weaker sales. Blackberry needs top notch reviews in order to get their name and reputation back up there with the big boys.
    There's a lot of verification and security things that get performed at boot up for BB devices. I guess if gaining that minute of your life is more important than those things, then get another phone.

auditman and sethr like this.
    08-28-16 05:43 PM
    Actually, your valid point is being met with valid counterpoints...

auditman and ray689 like this.
    08-28-16 05:44 PM
    Nougat wil be version 7.1 for BlackBerry and will be launched quarter one of 2017 (expect feb/march 2017) . BlackBerry is working some things out with Google to make the os more secure and to get the HUB more integrated.

The rumour is also that Google is looking with BlackBerry to get gesture and swipe so that in the future no buttons are needed. Apple is also planning this and the next apple device will still have a home button but the next generation will be without if Apple succeed.

Still I think if BlackBerry patent there gesture,swipe Android will be on another lever and then people will see that button bashing is retro.
    Any source for all these claims? I highly doubt Apple is on the way to get rid of the Home button. On the contrary they are working on improving it by having a flat button using 3D Touch. Rumour has it that it might come as soon as iPhone 7
    08-28-16 05:48 PM
    Any source for all these claims? I highly doubt Apple is on the way to get rid of the Home button. On the contrary they are working on improving it by having a flat button using 3D Touch. Rumour has it that it might come as soon as iPhone 7
    Not sure about the rest of the claims made in the post you responded to but the Apple removal of the home button has been rumored for some time. The other claims I can't speak to.

08-28-16 06:05 PM
    Not sure about the rest of the claims made in the post you responded to but the Apple removal of the home button has been rumored for some time. The other claims I can't speak to.

Can't stand Home buttons. When I go from using my daughters Samsung helping her with things to using a DTEK50 I'm in complete heaven . Home buttons are a complete waste of space except for finger scanning which is a gimmick for convenience only. (Just google how easy to hack)
    Home buttons are 2007 technology

Posted via my DTEK50
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-28-16 07:03 PM

The rumour was based on leaked pics of what is believed to be the iPhone 7 with a flush screen... but we all know now that they are not removing the home button in the foreseeable future. They will instead use a 3D Touch home button
    Last edited by bobshine; 08-29-16 at 03:07 PM.
    08-28-16 10:31 PM
    I liked back then when HTC and MOTO has no home button. Now they both do. :-(
    sethr likes this.
    08-28-16 10:40 PM
    Rumours about no homebutton seems a lost when apple announced something different about the homebutton. That is what rumours are
    08-30-16 02:04 PM
    OMG. As much as Apple has spent it's life copying others and acting like it's their idea, who cares about a home button? I mean, really.
    CerveloJohn and CDM76 like this.
    08-30-16 04:02 PM
    OMG. As much as Apple has spent it's life copying others and acting like it's their idea, who cares about a home button? I mean, really.
    Agreed. We don't have a home button and I have no problem without it.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    08-31-16 12:45 AM
    *Insert "but why" gif here*

But, why not? What you need to appreciate is that people use their phones differently. That's how it is. You can't expect me to use my phone like you do - because i'm not you. And I don't want to be. I'll use it how I use it. Enough of the sarcasm anyway.
    09-01-16 08:06 AM
    But, why not? What you need to appreciate is that people use their phones differently. That's how it is. You can't expect me to use my phone like you do - because i'm not you. And I don't want to be. I'll use it how I use it. Enough of the sarcasm anyway.
    But you're not really using the phone when it's off, lol. I'm just joking around anyway, just don't see any benefit at all in turning the phone off. There was a time where turning the phone off or restarting your phone had real benefits, but I don't find any of those issues anymore. My phone stays on 24/7 and works the same as if I would turn it off every night. So why bother with the headache is what I wonder...

09-01-16 12:07 PM
    I totally get that. It makes sense. I don't do it for any special benefit as such. I do it to save power. Whilst i'm asleep, i'm not using the phone. It's pointless being on - no one is going to contact me at times when i'm asleep and even if they do, I wont see it until the following day. There's no point me losing battery % when I can simply switch it off, then back on in the morning. Hope that explains it a bit better :-)
    09-01-16 12:36 PM
127 12345 ...