Last rumours says that Google might release the last version of Android, Android Nougat, in August 2016. DTEK 50 is scheduled to ship second week of August so what are the odds that the second Android Blackberry gets the last version of Android before basically everyone else?
    Last edited by white shirt only; 08-01-16 at 03:24 PM.
    08-01-16 03:10 PM
    I'd calculate those odds to be 1 in 47,965,348,229,403,575.9965

You'll be luck to see Nougat by the end of the "fiscal" year.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    08-01-16 03:17 PM
    Very Low Odds.

The Nexus phones will get it first. It will take BB a few months to test and skin Nougat. we might see Nougat on the PRIV and DTEK50 before the end of the year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    08-01-16 03:21 PM
    Not going to happen. DTEK might be the first BB Android model to get the update tho depending on when the launch of the next new device is.
    08-01-16 04:09 PM
    I believe I saw in a few interviews from John Chen that he hopes for 6-8 months away.

He was being asked a question about the security level of BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Android software. He said that the Android version is close to the same security as BlackBerry 10, but not 100%. He said he hopes in 6-8 months it will be up to par.

I don't know if that means the keyboard version of BlackBerry's Android experiment will have the latest OS and be on up but from a time frame perspective it's looking like it.

That's how I would take that

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 04:16 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry is currently working with Google. It will take them 6-8 months to inject their security sauce into Nougat.
    Superfly_FR and bbafdad like this.
    08-01-16 04:20 PM
    2017, don't expect it anytime sooner.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-01-16 04:50 PM
    They are already testing N and have been for awhile. but Nexus phones will be the first. I would say 3-4 months after the first Android manufacturer actually does upgrade.

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    08-01-16 05:10 PM
    I'm just happy I bought mine from Shopblackberry this time instead of ATT...
    08-01-16 05:36 PM
    Very Low Odds.

The Nexus phones will get it first. It will take BB a few months to test and skin Nougat. we might see Nougat on the PRIV and DTEK50 before the end of the year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Actually LG v20 will be the first phone to get it.
    Nascarfan24 and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-02-16 05:42 PM
    I think LG said "one of the first". It's almost sure that the Nexus will get it day 1.

I thought it would be good for Blackberry to have it as well, since they said they are working with Google. Developer beta is out there so obviously Blackberry has been working on it for several weeks already.
    08-02-16 05:45 PM
    I think LG said "one of the first". It's almost sure that the Nexus will get it day 1.

I thought it would be good for Blackberry to have it as well, since they said they are working with Google. Developer beta is out there so obviously Blackberry has been working on it for several weeks already.
    But BlackBerry does not have vanilla Nougat (pun intended). There is significant development on their end to harden it. There is no way they can be ready anywhere near launch. It will take months.
    08-02-16 06:22 PM
    Existing Nexus devices will be updated to Nougat right away, but the LG V20 will be the first new phone to ship with Nougat out of the box. New Nexus phones that will ship with Nougat aren't ready yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 06:28 PM
    Look for it as a Christmas present...
    08-02-16 06:30 PM
    The LG V20 will be the first new phone to ship with android n . As far as n on the DTEK50 I would say more than 4 months but less than 7 . I hope I'm wrong but I just don't think BlackBerry has the man power to push out a big update on day 1.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-02-16 07:22 PM
    You know that it will be coming when first posts of "Nougat in beta" will pop up here
    08-02-16 11:33 PM
    Actually LG v20 will be the first phone to get it.
    Rumor say yes (sorry, in French)
    LG V20 : le premier smartphone sous Android Nougat ?
    08-03-16 02:48 AM
    Nougat wil be version 7.1 for BlackBerry and will be launched quarter one of 2017 (expect feb/march 2017) . BlackBerry is working some things out with Google to make the os more secure and to get the HUB more integrated.

The rumour is also that Google is looking with BlackBerry to get gesture and swipe so that in the future no buttons are needed. Apple is also planning this and the next apple device will still have a home button but the next generation will be without if Apple succeed.

Still I think if BlackBerry patent there gesture,swipe Android will be on another lever and then people will see that button bashing is retro.
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-03-16 03:33 AM
    Nougat wil be version 7.1 for BlackBerry and will be launched quarter one of 2017 (expect feb/march 2017) . BlackBerry is working some things out with Google to make the os more secure and to get the HUB more integrated.

The rumour is also that Google is looking with BlackBerry to get gesture and swipe so that in the future no buttons are needed. Apple is also planning this and the next apple device will still have a home button but the next generation will be without if Apple succeed.

Still I think if BlackBerry patent there gesture,swipe Android will be on another lever and then people will see that button bashing is retro.
    Google working with BlackBerry?

BlackBerry patent gestures and swiping?
    08-03-16 07:08 AM

Some pretty bold statements but hopefully true. Source?
    08-03-16 02:41 PM
    Some pretty bold statements but hopefully true. Source?
    I know it's bold and yes BlackBerry is going to make the hub and BB10 apps we know possible to Android. BlackBerry is going on a strong path to get the BB10 experience going to Android. I was sceptic and still like BB10 (like to see android runtime upgrade) more , but I also see now the strength in software and do not forget this are rumours . Trust me to say BlackBerry is on the move and it will all benefit BlackBerry for there business in cloud, BES and IOT and it will leave Apple in the Dark in the future.

true is - BlackBerry will come with android 7.x (7.1) when they finished with google in 5-7 months for a more secured device, we will see some gesture/swipe from BB10 if they could license and there could be a new kernel for Android in General. This is what they working on. It's said that it will be as secured as BB10 as it is now at the moment but all depends on both sides.

What I also hope is that they going to get Blend working in the future and the play of BlackBerry to make mobile (android) for computing use, bit there is no word if Google / BlackBerry is working on this kind of projects

I keep going with my Sony Z3 (work) and Passort as daily driver.
    Last edited by whatsever; 08-03-16 at 04:22 PM.
    08-03-16 03:53 PM
    I know it's bold and yes BlackBerry is going to make the hub and BB10 apps we know possible to Android. BlackBerry is going on a strong path to get the BB10 experience going to Android. I was sceptic and still like BB10 (like to see android runtime upgrade) more , but I also see now the strength in software and do not forget this are rumours . Trust me to say BlackBerry is on the move and it will all benefit BlackBerry for there business in cloud, BES and IOT and it will leave Apple in the Dark in the future.

true is - BlackBerry will come with android 7.x (7.1) when they finished with google in 5-7 months for a more secured device, we will see some gesture/swipe from BB10 if they could license and there could be a new kernel for Android in General. This is what they working on. It's said that it will be as secured as BB10 as it is now at the moment but all depends on both sides.

What I also hope is that they going to get Blend working in the future and the play of BlackBerry to make mobile (android) for computing use, bit there is no word if Google / BlackBerry is working on this kind of projects

I keep going with my Sony Z3 (work) and Passort as daily driver.
    How do you know all this or are you just hoping?
    A new Kernel? Licensing gestures? I mean this is stuff that wouldn't be common knowledge at this point.

08-03-16 04:49 PM
    Google is working on there kernel to make it more secure for Android OS (android 7.x). The licensing and gesture/swipe is not sure but Apple has the same idea for the future. So in bed with BlackBerry it could be true. . Still it is just a rumour , but we will see more from BB10 OS is what we may expect is what a acquaintance told me ,but again it's a inside rumour. .

Still everything is fiction if you don't see it happen for real. We in the Netherlands and Indonesia always saying ""first see and then believe".
    Last edited by whatsever; 08-03-16 at 06:43 PM.
    08-03-16 06:11 PM
    Google is working on there kernel to make it more secure for Android OS (android 7.x). The licensing and gesture/swipe is not sure but Apple has the same idea for the future. So in bed with BlackBerry it could be true. . Still it is just a rumour , but we will see more from BB10 OS is what we may expect is what a acquaintance told me ,but again it's a inside rumour. .

Still everything is fiction if you don't see it happen for real. We in the Netherlands and Indonesia always saying ""first see and then believe".
    Lol ya okay that's what I thought.

whatsever likes this.
    08-03-16 08:00 PM
    Hello guys, can you please give me a hint? I still wondering if I should buy dtek50. After a while is a BB device which I like (even though if it has not finger print reader). But I am not sure about this device. the most annoying con is Nougat update. The biggest pro is BB HUB which I like and know from Z10 another thing is the more usable environment than is in the Android in default. But I will appreciate if someone give me a hint. Is BB dtek50 with tuned Android still good and secured BB or is better to buy something with real OS10 (Leap, Classic)? Thanks a lot!
    08-24-16 01:23 PM
127 123 ...