A friend of mine has a dtek50. However when gets no notification sounds for texts or messages.

If she restarts the phone the notification sounds work. But after two hours or a day or so later they no longer work.

Any advice gratefully accepted.
    06-09-17 10:23 AM
    A friend of mine has a dtek50. However when gets no notification sounds for texts or messages.

If she restarts the phone the notification sounds work. But after two hours or a day or so later they no longer work. .
    The problem may be an ergonomic one, due to the power button / volume control layout of the DTEK50.

When pressing the power button to wake up the screen, if the power button is pressed, say with the left thumb, and counter pressure is applied to the right side of the device with a right hand finger that is placed on the lower volume control, the result is all volume is turned down or off .

This happened to me, so it could be one explanation.

The solution for me is to place the counter pressure on the right side directly to the top right corner of the DTEK50, with the right index finger.

That way the power button operation cannot interfere with the volume control.

Next time your friend fails to hear notifications, just press the volume control to the loudest position and see if the volume had been turned down/off.

Steve
    06-09-17 02:08 PM
    There is an issue with notifications coming out of DND mode. I have to increase the volume every single morning after overnight DND. It's really annoying, and it's pretty widespread. I've only found 1 DTEK50 among the many in my circle that isn't affected by the bug.
    06-09-17 02:28 PM
    Mine behaves the same after going out of DND so I have to go out with volume rockers! Never found a resolution but I'll autoload it in the next month and see if it corrects
    06-09-17 05:09 PM
    Thank you for everyone's response
    Ethynil likes this.
    06-10-17 06:31 AM