Just purchased DTEK 50. Problem I have is when I type using the keyboard words flash on the keyboard and end up in my message . I have turned this feature off as well as spell check in settings and yet they still appear on the keyboard. very annoying. i considered using a keyboard app but nervous about keystroke tracking
    11-13-17 10:44 AM
    i considered using a keyboard app but nervous about keystroke tracking
    BlackBerry is technically using a keyboard app anyway. They make use of SwiftKey's API. With that in mind, try SwiftKey or even Google's own keyboard apps, those have been well vetted for use. Unless you're using some new app that hasn't been well tested, you have very little to worry about.
    11-13-17 03:49 PM
    That's called flick-to-type. The keyboard shows suggested words on the virtual frets. To put them in your message, you flick upwards on the key they are displayed on.

It sounds like you're inadvertently flicking them into your messages.

It's a great feature and part of what makes the BlackBerry keyboard the best available. I used to hate any form of software that altered what I type, but since I learned to use flick-to-type to BB10, I love it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    11-13-17 04:00 PM
    Still doesn't explain why it won't disable though lol. Forgot that part.
    11-13-17 04:09 PM
    I realized that the berry keyboard was an app when I went into play. I feel safe with it since its written by BB. Any of the aftermarket ones may have tracking attached in the background so I'm concerned. I have no idea how to test them to find out. Getting back to my original question: How do I stop flick-to-type. Annoying!!!!!
    11-13-17 04:50 PM
    I think...hope this is correct: Settings -> Language & Input -> BlackBerry Keyboard Settings -> Prediction and Correction -> Prefer on key predictions ->off
    11-13-17 05:19 PM
    I realized that the berry keyboard was an app when I went into play. I feel safe with it since its written by BB.
    But... it's not. As I noted, it uses SwiftKey with a touch of BlackBerry integration. So by that logic, you're just as 'safe' using SwiftKey. Ultimately, your device, and your choice, but there's plenty of viable options out there if you're looking at other keyboard options.
    11-13-17 05:22 PM
    Says it is by blackberry in store. And what is swiftkey?
    11-13-17 06:13 PM
    went there and did that. apparently it is not doing predictions it is learning what i type and putting those words on the keyboard and when i type i touch those words and that is what gets put into my message. can't turn that feature off as it is something blackberry thinks is a great feature. i don't as i don't send messages very often and prefer to do my own typing without assistance
    11-13-17 06:40 PM
    went there and did that. apparently it is not doing predictions it is learning what i type and putting those words on the keyboard and when i type i touch those words and that is what gets put into my message. can't turn that feature off as it is something blackberry thinks is a great feature. i don't as i don't send messages very often and prefer to do my own typing without assistance
    11-16-17 10:13 AM
    As a follow up to my problem. I may have made it a little bit easier to work with. I added the swiftkey app and used it to send some messages. Found that the keys were too small for my fingers so I uninstalled it and reverted to my BlackBerry keyboard and now I don't get as many annoying suggestions.
    11-16-17 10:18 AM
    Everything that is frustrating you can be turned off:
    - go to settings-language & input-BB keyboard settings-prediction & correction
    - turn off "show predictions" and "next word suggestions"
    After changing these settings, nothing appears in the frets anymore. If words are still showing up, then the app is borked.
    11-18-17 12:25 PM