I am looking for two features in this thing. I can't find it in the reviews I have read.

I KNOW it's not BKB built. But does it go off in the holster and on when you take it out?

Also, can you have it do the always-on date/time thing without adding some other app? Is it a built in option?
    08-04-16 09:07 PM
    I am looking for two features in this thing. I can't find it in the reviews I have read.

I KNOW it's not BKB built. But does it go off in the holster and on when you take it out?

Also, can you have it do the always-on date/time thing without adding some other app? Is it a built in option?
    Yes, you can program it that way is settings. Not a 100% but that is how Priv works.

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    08-05-16 12:50 AM

I am almost positive that when you use Blackberry's holster or special case, then the screen will turn off when you put the phone in.
    I don't think that the phone has a feature to show date and time on the screen, when phone is in standby.
    08-05-16 05:20 PM
    I am almost positive that when you use Blackberry's holster or special case, then the screen will turn off when you put the phone in.
    I don't think that the phone has a feature to show date and time on the screen, when phone is in standby.
    I ordered the smart pocket and smart flip cases and they have the screen cutout on them I assume the screen will be "on" and will show notifications etc?
    08-05-16 10:46 PM
    I ordered the smart pocket and smart flip cases and they have the screen cutout on them I assume the screen will be "on" and will show notifications etc?
    Pictures of these cases do show a window and there should be some kind of notifications. Once you put your phone into the case, then the screen will turn off and it will enable the window view. These cases are usually good because the mechanism in them allows your phone to save a little more power.
    JeromeM likes this.
    08-06-16 12:26 AM
    I have my DTEK50 and the BB OEM case and can confirm on mine that it does NOT turn off when going into the holster. In fact I can't make the screen turn off with a magnet at all. I haven't scoured the settings to see if I am missing something but out of the box it's not set to turn off. Also I don't see a magnet in the OEM holster like the many other BB's I have owned.
    08-11-16 05:04 PM
    Does it have bedside mode? One thing I love on my Passport.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    08-11-16 05:07 PM

The flip case screen goes off when face down if you set it up to do so.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE and Priv
    08-11-16 05:48 PM
    I have been researching this phone & have found 2 things that relate to these questions:
    1. On the shopblackberry.com site, the Dtek 50 smartpocket is described "Designed for those who value both form and function, with a custom opening for convenient viewing of message notifications and the ability to keep talking with the pocket on – you can be sure you’ll never miss an important message or conversation.

• Customized opening for view of time, date and notifications
    • NFC friendly
    • Access to USB port
    • Keep talking with the pocket on" so presumably it defaults to view time & date, at least in the case.

and

2. Night mode: Switch to night mode - DTEK50 - 6.0

"You can dim your screen and keep the time displayed like a bedside clock by switching to night mode.

In the Clock app, do one of the following:
    Tap The Menu icon > Night mode.
    Touch and hold anywhere on the clock screen."
    DueNorthBB likes this.
    08-12-16 02:41 AM
    2. Night mode: Switch to night mode - DTEK50 - 6.0

"You can dim your screen and keep the time displayed like a bedside clock by switching to night mode.

In the Clock app, do one of the following:
    Tap The Menu icon > Night mode.
    Touch and hold anywhere on the clock screen."
    Any chance of anyone taking a screenshot of this? I wonder how different it is to BB10. I use it nightly on my Passport and love the feature.
    08-12-16 11:05 AM