As a BB loyalist who has purchased six DTEK50s for myself and the family, I am disappointed that ShopBlackBerry appears to no longer be selling them directly. I will admit, I won't buy phones or devices that cost more than $250. That is my personal price point. So I doubt I will be buying the K1 because of the price constraint. And I recognize that BB probably hasn't widely sold tons of the DTEKs. But I came over from the Z10, am enjoying the BB10 type features, and I still like the full touchscreen and VKB. I like the device. I sincerely hope that Blackberry Mobile (BBM?) & TCL will continue selling the unlocked DTEK50 or a less expensive full touchscreen and VKB through retailers like Amazon.

Yes, I know they can be purchased by sellers. But there is a remarkable difference with the security updates between ShopBB and all other dealers. The one DTEK50 that we purchased at Amazon has yet to get the May update.
    06-08-17 08:54 AM
    Yeah, I got one from BB directly for about that much during their sale.
    The sellers on Amazon (not even Amazon directly) have a much higher price:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...UvbUpU12913018

So I see what you mean. Ebay? or the folks on this forum's marketplace perhaps?
    06-08-17 10:18 AM
    You can check out Staples. Their pricing has been on par with ShopBB.
    06-08-17 10:30 AM
    As a BB loyalist who has purchased six DTEK50s for myself and the family, I am disappointed that ShopBlackBerry appears to no longer be selling them directly. I will admit, I won't buy phones or devices that cost more than $250. That is my personal price point. So I doubt I will be buying the K1 because of the price constraint. And I recognize that BB probably hasn't widely sold tons of the DTEKs. But I came over from the Z10, am enjoying the BB10 type features, and I still like the full touchscreen and VKB. I like the device. I sincerely hope that Blackberry Mobile (BBM?) & TCL will continue selling the unlocked DTEK50 or a less expensive full touchscreen and VKB through retailers like Amazon.

Yes, I know they can be purchased by sellers. But there is a remarkable difference with the security updates between ShopBB and all other dealers. The one DTEK50 that we purchased at Amazon has yet to get the May update.
    Rumor has it that more phones are coming from TCL in 2017 so hopefully there will be one somewhere in your price point.
    06-08-17 01:22 PM