Just set it up and seems to work nicely. I find the BlackBerry keyboard flawless on this phone. As good as bb10.

One thing I notice is the hub is quite choppy when to scroll up and down. May be my phone is updating apps and restoring stuff in the background as it's new.

Did anyone find this issue with hub?
    No hub stuttering with me. Very smooth.

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    08-11-16 09:55 PM
    Phone so thin!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-11-16 10:33 PM
    Looks like an awesome device. Can't wait until Best buy starts selling it so I can go in and get some hands on time with one before buying.
    08-11-16 10:33 PM
    Love the look and feel of the phone. It feels light without feeling cheap. Feels very nice in the hand. And the (steel, aluminum?) edging around the phone makes it look professional. Grippy back.

I'm curious about that so called metal banding. If you tap your finger nail on it or a Nickel, is it metal or some heavy painted plastic like the frets on the Q10?!

 P A S S P O R T | O.G. Fish! //;=>
    08-11-16 11:15 PM
    Also curious about the convenience key out of the box if you press & hold it if it actually autoaunches voice command?

 P A S S P O R T | O.G. Fish! //;=>
    08-11-16 11:19 PM
    You won't find too many people that will agree with you on that statement, especially the ones that have used both extensively.

Posted via my DTEK50
    I will make a video this weekend, but to recap:

BB Keyboard
    -I don't like that all you see is the letters
    -You can't have a permanent number row
    -In order to do a symbol you're swiping down to get the page one of numbers/symbols then swiping down to get to page two then if you need to go back to page more swiping so lots of swiping which are un nessesary actions
    -I don't like that when you put in a comma or period it doesn't auto add a space, you can hit the space twice and it will auto add a period but that's still 2 presses on the KB
    -long press for capitals and special caracters (I also have french language activated so I see the letters with accents)
    -Good at Predictions
    -Has suggestions above the next letter in the word with the option to swipe up to select that word

On SwiftKey:
    -you can permanently have the number row above the keyboard so no swiping to put in numbers
    -you see ALL of the symbols as secondary options on the keys per picture below
    -long press for symbols and special caracters (I also have french language activated so I see the letters with accents)
    -you have a swipe key for exclamation/question mark no need to swipe to a different screen then select exclamation/question mark
    -it auto adds a space after a comma/period, so you only press comma or period once and you get the space added, that's 1 less key to press than BB KB
    -you do have to use the shift key for capitals however since it auto capitalizes the first letter or a new sentence and you only had to press the period button once and it added a space and set you up for capital letter there's not that much need to use the shift key
    -predictions are potentially not as optimized as BB Keyboard
    -you don't get the suggestion above the key just above the keyboard

anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-11-16 11:29 PM
    I had my DTEK50 plugged in while setting everything up. But I have been on non stop for 3 hours downloading apps and trying to transfer my music over from Z10 and it's used 25% of the battery. That would be 12 hours of non stop use. Don't think that is all that bad.

sparkybob likes this.
    08-12-16 12:12 AM
    Still, it seems like a nice phone and as long as the battery lasts from morning till night it should be fine.
    Maybe with Nougat update battery life will improve a bit.
    08-12-16 03:31 AM
    The battery should get most people through the day, for sure. However, I smell a business opportunity if this phone sells decently. Tear a page from Apple / iPhone and make a Smart Battery Case and sell it on Shop BlackBerry.

iPhone Smart Battery Case - Apple
    auditman likes this.
    08-12-16 06:52 AM
    Still, it seems like a nice phone and as long as the battery lasts from morning till night it should be fine.
    Maybe with Nougat update battery life will improve a bit.
    Pretty sure it will. One feature of Nougat is it will go into Doze mode immediately instead of waiting 30 minutes. AND, BlackBerry should get better at tweaking performance of the software as time goes on.
    Last edited by Reaney; 08-12-16 at 09:39 AM.
    08-12-16 06:53 AM
    I definitely like the look and feel of this phone... I'm surprised at how light it is!

I'm just setting it up for a family member and will stick with my Priv, but I would be seriously tempted to purchase for myself if it had equivalent specs to the Priv (battery being my biggest concern and I know, different specs would equal higher cost). I guess we will see what the future brings for BB androids. The DTEK50 has definitely made me more interested in what's coming...
    08-12-16 11:09 AM
    Thanks for the info on the phone. I am looking around for a new phone and I have never had a Blackberry.
    08-12-16 03:34 PM
    Thanks for the info on the phone. I am looking around for a new phone and I have never had a Blackberry.
    You would like this DTEK50 if you're an Android person. It's become my new best friend.

From my Tower of Power Q5
    08-12-16 04:14 PM
    Give it a few days for the apps to get optimize automatically.
    Also found out Mcdonalds Apps for canada keeps accessing my location. Cool I deleted the app.
    08-12-16 05:56 PM
    Pretty sure it will. One feature of Nougat is it will go into Doze mode immediately instead of waiting 30 minutes. AND, BlackBerry should get better at tweaking performance of the software as time goes on.
    Tech Sony had for 6yrs

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    08-12-16 11:49 PM
    Tech Sony had for 6yrs

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    That's great. Maybe Google got the idea from them, lol.
    08-13-16 12:35 AM
    It sounds weird to say that if there was ever a phone to make me go back to Android, it would be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 12:37 AM
    It sounds weird to say that if there was ever a phone to make me go back to Android, it would be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    what phone would that be? iphone? LOL
    08-13-16 12:58 AM
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the DTek50

white Z30 STA100-5
    08-14-16 04:33 AM
    Good assessment! Thanks for sharing your impressions.
    08-14-16 06:08 AM
    Love this thread, so much good info.
    08-19-16 12:30 PM
    What Keyboard are you using now? I find personally on my DTEK50 using SwiftKey much better than the BB Keyboard.
    Sorry for the late reply, I'm actually using SwiftKey too. And coming from the Z10, I think it's almost the same. I do miss the swipe left to delete words though.

08-27-16 10:05 AM
47 12