I won't go into any details...for that you can go read Superfly_fr thread as he's done an incredible job answering questions. So here goes...

Love the look and feel of the phone. It feels light without feeling cheap. Feels very nice in the hand. And the (steel, aluminum?) edging around the phone makes it look professional. Grippy back.

Sound and screen were also very nice. Played some YouTube videos and they sounded very good with a bright screen. That surprised me.

For those of you using Z10s and Z30s this IS your next phone. It reminds me so much of the Z30 it's crazy! The phone is on its first charge now so I can post more info on that at a later time.

Conclusion: I wanted the Priv but didn't want to spend the $900 to get it. Atm I feel like I'm not missing out on anything...ok maybe the pkb but I can get used to a vkb again. Like riding a bike you never forget.

Like I've said before many times with Blackberry phones this could be the best phone I've ever owned.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JeromeM, fanBBRY, Xeak and 5 others like this.
    08-10-16 08:22 PM
    Thats lovely to hear as my z30 is starting to conk out on me and my dtek50 just shipped today
    fanBBRY likes this.
    08-10-16 08:37 PM
    Good to know the look & feel and sound/screen is nice.
    08-10-16 08:46 PM
    Here are my thoughts after 36 hours with the DTEK50:

Pros:

- Form factor... Love, love, LOVE the feel, weight and overall pocketability of the D50. It truly feels like the spiritual successor (in terms of how it feels in hand) to the Z30.

- Screen... Super clear, super bright even so much easier to see in direct sunlight. Feels like someone took the cloak from my eyes compared to how hard it is to read the Priv screen in bright outdoors.

- Battery... A pro in the sense that it's performing better than I expected. I set my expectations real low with this device with that 2100 mah battery. After coming off the charger at 7am to the time of this writing at 10pm, I'm at 30%. I consider myself a pretty heavy user as this is my work phone and daily driver. I'm just really spoiled with the Priv regularly going to bed each night at midnight with 55-60% juice remaining. But really, I charge up every night regardless so as long as the D50 can keep going until my head hits the pillow, what does it matter if it says 60, 30 or 5%?

Cons:

- No middle button on the volume rocker... You never know how much you value something until it's gone and that's how I feel about this. The use case is simple, I use the middle button to go on mute/unmute when I'm on calls. I will adjust but it's gonna take resisting some pretty strong muscle memory that's been ingrained since my first BB (Pearl 8100).

- No peak and flow... Boy do I miss BB10. Unfortunately I had to jump to DroidBerry because my work no longer supports BES. This is more of a soft con though as I've gotten used to not having BB10's awesome gestures anymore since getting the Priv 5 months ago (still rock a rotation of the PP SE, Classic and Q10 on weekends though to get my BB10 fix!).

Overall, the cons are fairly minor. The DTEK50 is a solid device and I feel will serve corporations extremely well as a fleet device if they havent written BB off yet. I'm extremely happy with this purchase and it makes my very excited for the Argon and Mercury!

-
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-10-16 09:25 PM

Pros:

- Form factor... Love, love, LOVE the feel, weight and overall pocketability of the D50. It truly feels like the spiritual successor (in terms of how it feels in hand) to the Z30.

- Screen... Super clear, super bright even so much easier to see in direct sunlight. Feels like someone took the cloak from my eyes compared to how hard it is to read the Priv screen in bright outdoors.

- Battery... A pro in the sense that it's performing better than I expected. I set my expectations real low with this device with that 2100 mah battery. After coming off the charger at 7am to the time of this writing at 10pm, I'm at 30%. I consider myself a pretty heavy user as this is my work phone and daily driver. I'm just really spoiled with the Priv regularly going to bed each night at midnight with 55-60% juice remaining. But really, I charge up every night regardless so as long as the D50 can keep going until my head hits the pillow, what does it matter if it says 60, 30 or 5%?

Cons:

- No middle button on the volume rocker... You never know how much you value something until it's gone and that's how I feel about this. The use case is simple, I use the middle button to go on mute/unmute when I'm on calls. I will adjust but it's gonna take resisting some pretty strong muscle memory that's been ingrained since my first BB (Pearl 8100).

- No peak and flow... Boy do I miss BB10. Unfortunately I had to jump to DroidBerry because my work no longer supports BES. This is more of a soft con though as I've gotten used to not having BB10's awesome gestures anymore since getting the Priv 5 months ago (still rock a rotation of the PP SE, Classic and Q10 on weekends though to get my BB10 fix!).

Overall, the cons are fairly minor. The DTEK50 is a solid device and I feel will serve corporations extremely well as a fleet device if they havent written BB off yet. I'm extremely happy with this purchase and it makes my very excited for the Argon and Mercury!

-
    The convenience key can be used as a mute key while on a call (can't verify this but had read it in some review. Give it a try)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-10-16 09:29 PM
    Thanks for the good user reviews.
    08-10-16 09:33 PM

Pros:
    ........ .

-
    Wow lucky you, it's my first day with device so batt might need to adjust, at 4:15pm was 100% charged now it's 10:40pm and I'm at 25% with what I would call normal evening use.

Posted via DTEK50
    08-10-16 09:41 PM
    The convenience key can be used as a mute key while on a call (can't verify this but had read it in some review. Give it a try)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I thought about the convenience key as a workaround but instead opted to assign it to BBM since that is my most used app. It would be cool if BB updated the software so that the key can be assigned to different functions depending on what app you're in.
    08-10-16 10:27 PM

08-10-16 10:29 PM
    Wow lucky you, it's my first day with device so batt might need to adjust, at 4:15pm was 100% charged now it's 10:40pm and I'm at 25% with what I would call normal evening use.

Posted via DTEK50
    Your battery experience is similar to what I was getting on day 1 after starting it up for the first time. Setting up and syncing multiple email accounts, Android for Work, tons of apps, playing around and exploring... I had the screen on for a lot more than I would in a typical day. Now that the phone has "settled in" as they say around these CB parts, I'm looking for things to improve. Today (day 2) was certainly an improvement.
    08-10-16 10:31 PM

Posted via DTEK50
    Thats normal. Battery will get better by 3rd day

08-10-16 10:32 PM
    I thought about the convenience key as a workaround but instead opted to assign it to BBM since that is my most used app. It would be cool if BB updated the software so that the key can be assigned to different functions depending on what app you're in.
    I think that's what he was talking about. The convenience button acts as a mute when on calls

At least, I remember reading that in reviews too. I think my phone is coming tomorrow so I can't verify that for you
    danfrancisco likes this.
    08-10-16 10:47 PM
    What a great idea. The key could be assigned so many different Functions. Bring it on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 10:50 PM
    I think that's what he was talking about. The convenience button acts as a mute when on calls

At least, I remember reading that in reviews too. I think my phone is coming tomorrow so I can't verify that for you
    Well that would definitely be awesome if thats the case. I'll test that out tomorrow morning.
    08-10-16 10:54 PM

I just tried it this morning and it works! Hallelujah! Scratch this item off my con list! All hail physical buttons!

I wonder if there other default convenient key functions that are app dependent such as muting when using the phone. That would definitely make the convenience key more versatile!
    gritsinct likes this.
    08-11-16 08:31 AM
    I just tried it this morning and it works! Hallelujah! Scratch this item off my con list! All hail physical buttons!

I wonder if there other default convenient key functions that are app dependent such as muting when using the phone. That would definitely make the convenience key more versatile!
    Glad it worked for you. I rarely ever mute when i'm talking on the phone (I rarely talk on the phone for that matter!) so it's neat, but I probably won't use it for that, but what else would you use the convenience key for if it were app specific? All I can think of is shutter for the camera but I assume the volume keys do that.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea, but I just wonder how else it could be utilised
    08-11-16 10:03 AM
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7 now coming from a Z10. I miss the blackberry keyboard.

I'm so tempted to get the dtek50 when it becomes available here in the Philippines.

How is the battery life so far?

08-11-16 01:20 PM
    Can the convenience key function as a play/pause button when listening to music or a podcast with the screen off?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 01:45 PM
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7 now coming from a Z10. I miss the blackberry keyboard.

I'm so tempted to get the dtek50 when it becomes available here in the Philippines.

How is the battery life so far?

What Keyboard are you using now? I find personally on my DTEK50 using SwiftKey much better than the BB Keyboard.
    08-11-16 02:02 PM
    What Keyboard are you using now? I find personally on my DTEK50 using SwiftKey much better than the BB Keyboard.
    You won't find too many people that will agree with you on that statement, especially the ones that have used both extensively.

Posted via my DTEK50
    sparkybob likes this.
    08-11-16 04:13 PM
    You won't find too many people that will agree with you on that statement, especially the ones that have used both extensively.

Posted via my DTEK50
    I'm one of those people. I think swift key is absolutely terrible.

sparkybob likes this.
    08-11-16 04:16 PM
    Agree, swift key is a pain in the ***.

Since using the BB keyboard on my One Plus 3 I am looking forward to having multilingual support. That's something that did not work on my Oneplus.
    08-11-16 04:26 PM
    Just set it up and seems to work nicely. I find the BlackBerry keyboard flawless on this phone. As good as bb10.

One thing I notice is the hub is quite choppy when to scroll up and down. May be my phone is updating apps and restoring stuff in the background as it's new.

Did anyone find this issue with hub?
    08-11-16 04:41 PM
    Interesting. Do you have an account on SwiftKey and could port over remembered / learned words onto the DTEK50? I find BlackBerry's implementation better out of the box personally (the BlackBerry keyboard using the SwiftKey 'engine', it's licensed).
    08-11-16 06:40 PM
    Just set it up and seems to work nicely. I find the BlackBerry keyboard flawless on this phone. As good as bb10.

One thing I notice is the hub is quite choppy when to scroll up and down. May be my phone is updating apps and restoring stuff in the background as it's new.

Did anyone find this issue with hub?
    Most likely, only choppiness I experienced was while updating everything.
    08-11-16 06:41 PM
47 12