Hello all

Was using my device without issue until marshmallow came along. This caused issues with the camera and with Bluetooth. I put up with this for a while but then decided to visit the blackberry mobile support page. I tried everything on there without success so eventually went ahead using the auto loader as directed. This left the device stuck in boot loader.

I contacted customer services who gave me a case number and a free post address to send the device to the approved repair centre.

I then received an invoice from them to pay for my device to be returned to me as it was not repairable due to physical damage. This confused me as the device was totally unmarked when I sent it.

I contacted customer services again to ask them to investigate thinking it may have been damaged in post. I today received a reply informing me that the repair tech says it is not repairable due to PCB damage. Given that the device worked before the auto loader I find this hard to believe but given that I can't prove it worked befor I am at a loss as to what to do. Do I accept this and move on or do I fight it given that I am fighting for a device that blackberry has given up on.

Just feel conned but don't know how to proceed

Thanks

Chris
    09-24-18 12:21 PM
    Up to you ultimately, but if you feel as though it wasn't damaged then fight it. With them claiming PCB damage though, that wouldn't have been visible to you from the outside. Physical damage to the PCB and a damaged PCB sound like 2 different things to me. The board could be damaged w/o you having caused it through physical damage. I'd ask for clarification at the least.
    09-24-18 12:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply..

The initial reason WA just physical damage. I asked for clarification and they have come back with " damage to the PCB"

What I am struggling with is that it worked before auto loader ????

Chris
    09-24-18 01:11 PM
    Hello all

Was using my device without issue until marshmallow came along.
    The DTEK devices never had an OS other than Marshmallow.
    09-24-18 01:32 PM
    Sorry, what I should have said was last update to marshmallow
    09-24-18 01:35 PM

What I am struggling with is that it worked before auto loader ????

Chris
    Maybe that's why the autoloader didn't work properly - there was something physically wrong with the device.
    09-24-18 01:36 PM
    From what I have read on here the issue with the auto loader is that it is out of date ....
    09-24-18 01:39 PM
    So..... My phone worked perfectly until software update.

Then it worked apart from camera and Bluetooth issues... Note that camera worked perfectly with 3rd party app but not with blackberry camera.

I then used atoll adder as directed by blackberry customer services support website.

Now phone is a paperweight !!!

At what point of any of the above could damage to PCB occurr.
    09-24-18 02:53 PM
    From what I have read on here the issue with the auto loader is that it is out of date ....
    Use the Mobile Upgrade Tool.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tool-1117513/
    09-24-18 02:53 PM
    Thanks for that but unfortunately blackberrys repairer has the device and have said it is unrepairable. They want me to pay to get it back !!!
    09-24-18 02:58 PM
    Thanks for that but unfortunately blackberrys repairer has the device and have said it is unrepairable. They want me to pay to get it back !!!
    Even if fixed, you would have paid to get it back. I’d pay it just to give the Mobile Upgrade Tool suggested by Conite a try.
    09-24-18 04:28 PM
    Works with a DTEK50? The first dropdown is select device and only the K1 is listed.
    09-25-18 11:56 AM
    Well I'm really confused now.......
    Got an email from customer support saying that they are closing the case and that the PCB damage was probably caused by me using the wrong auto loader. 20 mins after receiving this mail I get a knock at the door. It's the postman delivering my device back to me. The device is no loner in boot loader and works perfectly other than the camera and Bluetooth issues which were caused by the latest android update .... I think I am being fobbed off !!!!!!
    09-27-18 02:22 AM