It's like you're being intentionally difficult.

If you see the original post on the subject, I was stating that only BlackBerry is ultimately responsible for issuing DTEK updates (as opposed to TCL with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ), and will decide when to stop the patches.

There is, however, no indication or statement suggesting those will stop anytime soon.

Here is the DTEK50 patch schedule:

Sep - Aug 30 - build AAG326
    Oct - Oct 18 - build AAH108
    Nov - Dec 5 - build AAH990
    Dec - Jan 5 - build AAI482
    Jan - Jan 13 - build AAI795
    Feb - Feb 15 - build AAJ221
    Mar - Mar 6 - build AAJ842
    Apr - Apr 5 - build AAK406
    May - May 5 - build AAL135
    Jun - Jul 7 - build AAM312
    I guess calling you out for unsubstantiated remarks and passing them off as fact is being difficult in your eyes. Either share your source to this notion that Blackberry will continue to support the software side of the DTEK line or stop spreading misinformation.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-07-17 09:18 PM
    I guess calling you out for unsubstantiated remarks and passing them off as fact is being difficult in your eyes. Either share your source to this notion that Blackberry will continue to support the software side of the DTEK line or stop spreading misinformation.
    Look at the update record. What makes you think BlackBerry will NOT continue to provide patches, when all indications clearly demonstrate otherwise? I don't need a red phone to Chen to see and state the obvious.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-07-17 09:26 PM
    Look at the update record. What makes you think BlackBerry will NOT continue to provide patches, when all indications clearly demonstrate otherwise? I don't need a red phone to Chen to see and state the obvious.
    Conite, he is not questioning the record of updates. He is calling you out on your two statements which contradict each other.

In one statement you tell people not to panic, the device will get updates. Then you go on and in a different statement to say the devices will get updates if BlackBerry wants to keep updating it.

So are you saying, they will get updates definitely (he is asking for source), or they may or may not get updates which depends on BlackBerry (again asking for a source).

You either need to provide these sources and historical record isn't a source, or you need to admit that in one reply you said one thing and in another reply you said a different thing.

Again, historical update record isn't in question here, the question here is whether the phone is EOL or not.
    07-08-17 06:56 AM
    Conite, he is not questioning the record of updates. He is calling you out on your two statements which contradict each other.

In one statement you tell people not to panic, the device will get updates. Then you go on and in a different statement to say the devices will get updates if BlackBerry wants to keep updating it.

So are you saying, they will get updates definitely (he is asking for source), or they may or may not get updates which depends on BlackBerry (again asking for a source).

You either need to provide these sources and historical record isn't a source, or you need to admit that in one reply you said one thing and in another reply you said a different thing.

Again, historical update record isn't in question here, the question here is whether the phone is EOL or not.
    I give up.

I wrote that it is solely BlackBerry's responsibility as to how long they will continue to support the DTEKs (as opposed to TCL being responsible for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ).

I also wrote that there is no indication that security patches were stopping anytime soon, so not to panic. I also included real life data points to corroborate.

I see no contradiction. You need to see the context of the two statements, as two different discussions were being had, and two separate points were being made.
    Last edited by conite; 07-08-17 at 10:25 AM.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-08-17 07:26 AM
    I guess calling you out for unsubstantiated remarks and passing them off as fact is being difficult in your eyes.
    He is expressing his opinion, based on experience, and you are projecting it as fact.

stop spreading misinformation.
    Time to tone it down. Members are allowed to express opinion here, and you are allowed to agree or disagree.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-08-17 10:19 AM
    DTEKs are NOT EOL. They will continue to receive monthly patches. No need to panic.
    Does that sound like opinion to you? Emphasizing "NOT" and using very matter of fact language? Somehow I'm the bad guy in asking for a source.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-08-17 04:04 PM
    Does that sound like opinion to you? Emphasizing "NOT" and using very matter of fact language? Somehow I'm the bad guy in asking for a source.
    It is a fact that the DTEKs are not EOL. They continue to receive technical support, and patches - note that DTEK50 is currently receiving June patch through Canadian carriers, with others to follow.

The "no need to panic" is my opinion.
    BigBadWulf and CerveloJohn like this.
    07-08-17 04:36 PM
    It is a fact that the DTEKs are not EOL. They continue to receive technical support, and patches - note that DTEK50 is currently receiving June patch through Canadian carriers, with others to follow.

The "no need to panic" is my opinion.
    Conite, as CB Ambassador you should add in your signature "no need to panic for EOL".

It may help!! Lol!!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 05:47 PM
    Please close this thread.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-09-17 06:49 AM
    Please close this thread.
    Why?
    07-10-17 06:52 AM
    Two great reasons: 1) the question has been answered. No, the DTEK50 is not EOL. 2) Moderators and ambassadors who are trying to help us and fight off ridiculous rumors are being attacked, and some of us would rather not read it. I certainly appreciate the contributions of the mods and ambassadors, and I don't like the cheap shots or accusations. They have asked us on many occasions to keep the conversation civil only to be ignored.

Mods - please close the thread so we can move on.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-10-17 07:04 AM
    Two great reasons: 1) the question has been answered. No, the DTEK50 is not EOL. 2) Moderators and ambassadors who are trying to help us and fight off ridiculous rumors are being attacked, and some of us would rather not read it. I certainly appreciate the contributions of the mods and ambassadors, and I don't like the cheap shots or accusations. They have asked us on many occasions to keep the conversation civil only to be ignored.

Mods - please close the thread so we can move on.
    While I appreciate the sentiment, most of the conversation has been civil, and that which wasn't has been addressed. Unfortunately, here like most threads, the offensive posts are not reported, leaving more work for the moderators. Please folks, simply use the report button and stand back.

Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
    07-10-17 07:20 AM
    Hi All

Im new here but seeking an answer to this question regarding dtek50 eol as i was considering buying a few. I have a document from a uk carrier stating that the dtek50 is EOL August 17 this carrier doesn't sell a dtek60. So whats the crack? I was also awating a confirmation on android N update for the dtek but i cant find that either. Can the carrier in the original post be named? So i can check if its the same one.
    07-10-17 08:04 AM
    Hi All

Im new here but seeking an answer to this question regarding dtek50 eol as i was considering buying a few. I have a document from a uk carrier stating that the dtek50 is EOL August 17 this carrier doesn't sell a dtek60. So whats the crack? I was also awating a confirmation on android N update for the dtek but i cant find that either. Can the carrier in the original post be named? So i can check if its the same one.
    Some sellers refer to a device being EOL if they are no longer in production or available. This would be the case with the DTEKs.

However, the true meaning of EOL means that support has been dropped by the manufacturer - which is certainly NOT the case with the DTEKs.

Android N, in my opinion, will not come to the DTEKs - although I hope I'm wrong.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-10-17 08:08 AM
    Thanks Conite, I think youve hit the nail on the head for my question, the carrier using "eol" probably means something very different than blackberry declaring the dtek eol.
    Many thanks for your reply.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-10-17 08:17 AM
    I'm happy that forum titles carry more weight than source material for you. Sadly they mean nothing to me. Show me source material that supports the DTEKs aren't EOL. Carriers the world around are popping up saying they are. Yet I am supposed to believe a lone person with a forum title that they are "factually" not EOL without a single shred proof. Reading conjecture and interpretations as support for a black and white issue is getting tiresome.
    BlackBerry still provides technical support (call them) and updates (as evidenced by the Jun DTEK50 patch released a few days ago by Canadian carriers). What more do you need?
    07-10-17 02:32 PM
    As I opened the thread, let's make it clear. I didn't talk about end of software support. I was mentioning that the phone soon won't be available to buy (at least in the UK). @Mmnnbrains: The mentioned provider is a mobile fleet operator, a middle men between our company and Vodafone. The phone are sourced by them and not by Vodafone, also they are all factory unlocked. Recently they also rejected my request to repair DTEK50s with a broken screen as they don't have a partner in the UK anymore who would do an out of warranty repair on BlackBerry phones. For phones under warranty (with no physical damage or water damage - by the way really hard to avoid this second) their practice is the following: they send a new phone to us and they will just return the problematic one to TCL or to the company they buy the devices from. They don't try to get the phone repaired the send it back to us.
    07-11-17 07:33 PM
    As I opened the thread, let's make it clear. I didn't talk about end of software support. I was mentioning that the phone soon won't be available to buy (at least in the UK). @Mmnnbrains: The mentioned provider is a mobile fleet operator, a middle men between our company and Vodafone. The phone are sourced by them and not by Vodafone, also they are all factory unlocked. Recently they also rejected my request to repair DTEK50s with a broken screen as they don't have a partner in the UK anymore who would do an out of warranty repair on BlackBerry phones. For phones under warranty (with no physical damage or water damage - by the way really hard to avoid this second) their practice is the following: they send a new phone to us and they will just return the problematic one to TCL or to the company they buy the devices from. They don't try to get the phone repaired the send it back to us.
    Thank god ,there won't be a problem with BlackBerry india phones in the future starting with KEYone Indian variant ,coz "Optiemus Infracom" is gonna design and manafacture the phone and have their own showrooms and Service centers,with the benefit of acquired Univercell mobile reseller
    07-15-17 03:33 AM
68 123