Hello,

I got my DTEK50 almost one year ago.

One update did brick the phone, it did not start anymore, it was stuck in bootloader. I reloaded it with the autoloader. But after that it did not work well anymore. It crashed every now and then.
    Version: AAL135 (May 2017 update)

Now the phone crashes a lot. Generally it says "Unfortunately the app "appname" was closed" (This is a translation, my phone language is not english). Appname are mostly Google Apps (Google Maps, Gmail, Chrome, ...).

Sometimes (especially when I connect it to the charger) the whole phone crashes and restarts.

I wanted to install the new update (June 2017) but does not work, error in bootloader, as other people described here in this forum. But it does not install the update.

I mean it is a secure phone, but if it is that unreliable...
    Did someone have similiar issues, or any ideas what to do? Send it back, but to where?

Best regards
    07-26-17 07:41 AM
    Hello,

I got my DTEK50 almost one year ago.

One update did brick the phone, it did not start anymore, it was stuck in bootloader. I reloaded it with the autoloader. But after that it did not work well anymore. It crashed every now and then.
    Version: AAL135 (May 2017 update)

Now the phone crashes a lot. Generally it says "Unfortunately the app "appname" was closed" (This is a translation, my phone language is not english). Appname are mostly Google Apps (Google Maps, Gmail, Chrome, ...).

Sometimes (especially when I connect it to the charger) the whole phone crashes and restarts.

I wanted to install the new update (June 2017) but does not work, error in bootloader, as other people described here in this forum. But it does not install the update.

I mean it is a secure phone, but if it is that unreliable...
    Did someone have similiar issues, or any ideas what to do? Send it back, but to where?

Best regards
    Where did you buy it? You could start here....https://us.blackberry.com/support/contact
    07-26-17 08:01 AM