Connected to my desktop Lenovo, Windows 10, via USB 2.0 OR 3.0

On plugging in the cable, phone battery icon lights up at 1%, then I see the upwards moving graphic that suggests the battery is filling up, then the screen goes black after a few seconds. White dot at top remains on.

About every twenty minutes, the phone buzzes, the above scene repeats.

The battery icon display never gets past 1%.

Two different cables give the same results.

Have I configured something wrong? Could my battery possibly be dead? I rarely use the phone.

While waiting for answers, I will try alternate charging methods and report further.
    11-04-17 07:26 PM
    Discharge is not good for a lithium.

Do that charge thing you do wait a couple hours then again.
    Three or four times. Then leave it charge over night.
    11-04-17 07:51 PM
    I have now tried another computer's USB 2.0 port and also tried the original Blackberry charger with the same results.

Before the issue, the battery drained to a very low percent (not sure if it even got as low as 0%) while idle. No incoming calls or text, no music playing or being updated, no synching (that I know of), just app updates, Google e-mail and whatever other apps might have been connecting to the net. I tried shutting the wifi down but I'm not very smart about how to do that. Also tried placing it on battery saver but not sure whether I succeeded. Also, I always did the double tap to shut it down after using it. It seemed to have a mind of its own about that, though, as it continued to make sounds when an e-mail or app update arrived.

In short, it had minimal use plus I did what I could to prevent drainage while I was not in control, yet the battery kept draining and, it appears, will not now recharge.

Any further thoughts, anyone?

It's presently in the original charger and I'll follow sethr's suggestions, then review things in the morning. I'm not optimistic because it's been connected to my computer's USB overnight without good results.
    11-04-17 08:36 PM
    Have you tried plugging the phone into a wall socket?

Sent from my STH100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    dpw09 likes this.
    11-04-17 09:24 PM
    Connected to my desktop Lenovo, Windows 10, via USB 2.0 OR 3.0

On plugging in the cable, phone battery icon lights up at 1%, then I see the upwards moving graphic that suggests the battery is filling up, then the screen goes black after a few seconds. White dot at top remains on.

About every twenty minutes, the phone buzzes, the above scene repeats.

The battery icon display never gets past 1%.

Two different cables give the same results.

Have I configured something wrong? Could my battery possibly be dead? I rarely use the phone.

While waiting for answers, I will try alternate charging methods and report further.
    My wife's D50 is having the exact same issue. The repair shop determined it was not the battery or USB port. Rather it was a component/chip on the mainboard related to charging that is damaged/fried. He ordered in a new part, so I will know in a weeks time if that would fix it.
    11-04-17 09:28 PM
    Yes to being plugged into wall socket. After being that way overnight in the original charger, nothing has changed. I am suspecting an internal problem, perhaps the same as pgg101's wife's problem. Was she entertained with the graphic battery trying to fill up from 1%?
    11-05-17 07:04 PM
    Yes to being plugged into wall socket. After being that way overnight in the original charger, nothing has changed. I am suspecting an internal problem, perhaps the same as pgg101's wife's problem. Was she entertained with the graphic battery trying to fill up from 1%?
    Yes, it was stuck at 1% even after overnight.
    11-05-17 10:10 PM
    Thanks, pgg101. Glad you are a forum user and thanks for your input. Please post end results when you get her phone back. I'm still in warranty for another three weeks.
    11-05-17 11:13 PM
    Thanks, pgg101. Glad you are a forum user and thanks for your input. Please post end results when you get her phone back. I'm still in warranty for another three weeks.
    The device is charging again. They replaced the charging port, and it's charging up like it's brand new again.
    Hikerdude48 likes this.
    11-09-17 06:21 PM
    Thank you, pgg101 and others for the help. I'll post again in coming weeks to either verify or advise I have continued problems.
    11-10-17 04:30 PM
    Who did the repair for TCL? Post the info for the repair center, since many DTEK50s are rapidly approaching 1 yr old.
    11-18-17 01:32 PM
    POOR SERVICE
    Just got my phone back a couple days ago after starting warranty claim procedures in mid-November. What a nightmare, but I think that's a separate issue that deserves a different thread.
    REPAIR CENTRE LOCATION
    To answer jcbrunson (sorry - this is first I knew there was a post), repairs were finally done by either SBE Canada Ltd. or Alcatel. I got packing slips from both of them, from the same address, 2300 Hogan Drive, Mississauga, L5N 0C8. I doubt very much that you could go directly to them, if that's what you're thinking. Post again or e-mail if further information is required, as I don't plan to post a complaint about service - much too complicated and would be stressful.

REPAIR REVIEW & FURTHER DISAPPOINTMENT
    The packing slip said battery, microphone, SIM card reader and Sim Tray were replaced. Also said to recharge one hour before using. I used wall charger and decided to leave it overnight. Battery icon showed 3% and charging. In the morning, it wouldn't turn on after removing it from the charger. Placed it back in the charger and the battery icon quickly flashed and showed 0% with a red bar across the bottom. I couldn't get any further confirmation it was charging, so I switched the USB cable. Left it overnight again and got a 100% battery charge. At first glance, this means the cable was bad. HOWEVER - when I went to transfer files to the computer, the computer kept signalling that the device was connecting then disconnecting. It was then that I realized the port in the phone for the small end of the USB cable was not connecting securely.

Could pgg101 please advise if that's what he/she meant by the charging port. Dumb question, maybe, but I want to be clear with that example when I complain to the repairer, because I am now past warranty. Also, information about where that repair was done might be helpful.

Thanks
    01-07-18 09:48 PM
    I owe this thread a final status.

SERVICE
    TCL came through with attentive service and a proper repair the second time around. Concluding comments are 1. horrible time away from phone through two repair procedures - time that could have been shorter with more efficient shipping methods, 2. poor communication and expediting in the first effort, 3. came through honourably with their second chance and made doubly sure I was completely satisfied before closing the claim. It impressed me that they monitored the repair progress and delivery status even more than I did, then finished with a personal phone call to make sure I was satisfied. Thank you, Blackberry, for getting TCL to stand on their toes.

REPAIR
    As for the technical part, it's pretty obvious that, yes - it was the battery charging port that had failed in the first place. Quite properly, they honoured a warranty claim on that even though it wasn't clear until after return of the phone first time around, and that was after expiry of the warranty period.

Bottom line, I'm once again a happy BB camper.
    03-08-18 10:36 PM