I have a DTEK 50 I have used without major problems...I still hate Android compared to BB10, but that's another topic.

Last week the SMS UI changed to where I now have a camera icon beside the + icon for text attachments. It occurred when I re-booted; I did not request or download anything.

Now out-going SMS messages are unreliable. I appear to get most/all? inbound text messages, but many out-going text messages fail to go through. I get no notice they don't go through...it is just that the other person doesn't receive them. Some people get about half the messages I send. Some get none. Network is AT&T and I have problems sending to AT&T, VZ, Sprint recipients.

I did not download any software or apps and I have no apps on the phone. I stripped off everything that requires a Google account. SMS worked perfectly until last week. Any ideas?

Why would the camera icon appear on my SMS menu last week? Why don't out-going SMS messages work? I need to get this fixed quickly because this is my work phone.
    11-27-18 02:15 PM
    Why would the camera icon appear on my SMS menu last week? Why don't out-going SMS messages work? I need to get this fixed quickly because this is my work phone.
    Because Google updated the Messages app with a server side change that required no update on your behalf. Download a different SMS app such as Textra and try that and see if it fits your needs / works better.
    11-27-18 05:32 PM