Someone in the priv forum told me that a dtek 50 will be a wiser option for me...

Can people pls tell me if dtek 50 is faster than my xperia z ultra.

Will it also be good for writing long assignment
    Taking pictures
    Social media
    Good battery life
    Reading.
    Gaming like clash of clans or the occasional asphalt 8
    Z30 like speakers
    4G Volte

Will it be enough to work for me for another 3-5 years... if I just want to do these things only for the next 3-5 years on my phone... also will it get nougat.

Pls attach pictures of ur dtek 50 as well... I want to see if the BlackBerry logo shines... cuz the front looks really boring.

Remember-
    Be nice be respectful
    No trolling

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 05:24 AM
    Get a laptop for real work and keep your current phone.
    Uzi and big_time2 like this.
    05-22-17 06:03 AM
    Get a laptop for real work and keep your current phone.
    I currently have a BlackBerry Z30 and a passport... there is no whatsapp and fb on bb10 from july onwards...

Also I applied for a scholarship too... and the college provides lappies ( cheap lappies) for students who require financial assistance.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 07:15 AM
    Will it also be good for writing long assignment -- Yes! I use an app called SimpleNote to take notes throughout the day. I probably don't write as much as someone in school, but I write a good deal.

Taking pictures -- Meh, it's not the best camera, but it will do.

Social media -- Yes, I haven't ran into any problems with social media (though I only use Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and Imgur)

Good battery life -- Battery life is good. Not great, but good. I have to charge my DTEK50 by 5 o'clock almost every day.

Reading -- great for reading. I use Play Books and Pocket to read books and articles. I use Amazon Kindle app too but not as often as the other two.

Gaming like clash of clans or the occasional asphalt 8 -- Not sure about this. I don't do any gaming.

Z30 like speakers -- Not sure about this either, I only had a Z30 for a few weeks so I don't remember how good the speakers were.

4G Volte -- Someone else can chime in on this, but I get 4G on T-Mobile in the US. Now, whether this is just the icon that gets displayed or whether I actually get 4G, I don't know.

Will it be enough to work for me for another 3-5 years... if I just want to do these things only for the next 3-5 years on my phone... also will it get nougat. -- This is difficult to answer. We all use our phones differently so no one around here can promise this device will last you 3-5 years. I know I'll sell mine as soon as the next 5 or 5.2 inch BlackBerry comes out (whatever the next DTEK50 is). As far as Nougat, I doubt it. The phone has been out for almost a year now and there is no sign of Nougat. Shoot, google just showed us the next version, something O (Oreo maybe) and we still haven't been upgraded to Nougat. So don't hold your hopes up.

Pls attach pictures of ur dtek 50 as well... I want to see if the BlackBerry logo shines... cuz the front looks really boring. -- I can't take a picture of my phone with my phone. I don't have another phone or camera at the moment to take a picture of it.

Hope this helps.
    05-22-17 07:44 AM
    I currently have a BlackBerry Z30 and a passport... there is no whatsapp and fb on bb10 from july onwards...

Also I applied for a scholarship too... and the college provides lappies ( cheap lappies) for students who require financial assistance.

Posted via CB10
    Your earlier comment states you have an xperia z ultra.

I can't see any budget or midrange phone nowadays lasting 3-5 years... you're talking Android Q-S if things continue with existing pattern going forward. How many people do you think are still using Jellybean-Lollipop OS with budget or midrange phones. Even Android Flagships with Android 4.3-5, seem dated now.

Get a laptop, and whatever Android 7-8 phone you can afford with 128gb of internal storage because 3-5 years is forever in phone years.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 08:24 AM
    Your earlier comment states you have an xperia z ultra.

I can't see any budget or midrange phone nowadays lasting 3-5 years... you're talking Android Q-S if things continue with existing pattern going forward. How many people do you think are still using Jellybean-Lollipop OS with budget or midrange phones. Even Android Flagships with Android 4.3-5, seem dated now.

Get a laptop, and whatever Android 7-8 phone you can afford with 128gb of internal storage because 3-5 years is forever in phone years.

Posted via CB10
    Why would I be on crackberry if I didnt have BlackBerry phones already? I own the following devices... lets have my official statement recorded.
    Nokia 3310
    Nokia n95
    Nokia lumia 510
    Nokia lumia 1320
    Sony xperia z ultra
    BlackBerry Z30(current daily driver)
    BlackBerry Passport black (normal)
    Samsung galaxy s7 edge ( now dad's)

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 04:33 AM