I have been using mine for about a week. First Android device for me. Overall I love the size and light weight. I don't use a case and love the way it fits in my pocket.
    I'm pretty much used to the new operating system now.
    I have two items I'm missing compared to BB10
    1) is customizing notifications. Just not as good nor easy as BB10.
    2) I've set up the "Do not disturb" setting to mimic my old "Beside Mode". Issues are when I shut off "Do not disturb" the notification volume remains at mute and I have to turn it back up. Second thing is that when the alarm is going off it is more difficult to snooze. In "Bedside Mode" in BB10 you could tap the screen anywhere and you could snooze it without fear of accidentily shutting off the alarm.

Those are my only issues thus far. I am not a huge app guy compared to many but the battery life has been fine for me coming from a Z30 for personal use and my work BB is a Leap.

Cheers.
    12-04-16 12:42 AM
  2. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    I bought my DTEK50 some weeks ago and yes, I like it. I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like it. I'm still getting to know it and used to it. It's certainly a different phone than the Z10 whose time has come to an end.

Overall the DTEK50 is a nice phone.
    12-05-16 02:57 AM
    Has everyone gotten their security patches up to date though?

I'm thinking of cancelling my order on account of this - seems like they're basically abandoning the dtek50 as far as support goes.

I was always under the impression they would be providing day zero patching for all phones.

#whatisclassic
    12-05-16 08:11 AM
    Has everyone gotten their security patches up to date though?

I'm thinking of cancelling my order on account of this - seems like they're basically abandoning the dtek50 as far as support goes.

I was always under the impression they would be providing day zero patching for all phones.

#whatisclassic
    Keep the faith. Updates usually come with security updates. People can be so impatient.
    falbo and CerveloJohn like this.
    12-05-16 11:34 AM
    I'm trying to like mine but it's impossible. I can't manually add contacts in the app. It just freezes and the couple I did get saved disappeared this morning. Tried sending them by nfc and 2 days later they have disappeared as well. I had all my contacts saved on my sim card in my BlackBerry Classic and when I put the sim in the Dtek50 MOST were still there minus my most frequent contacts. Those are the contacts I added via NFC which as it turns out was just wasted time. I'm carrying around paper with everyone's info on it because my phone won't allow them as contacts.

I have asked a few android owners I know to try and add contacts and they can't get them on my phone either. It just won't save.

Some of the apps are nice to have but I'd rather have a functional contacts app

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 03:19 PM
    I use Gmail for all my contacts. Never had a problem.
    12-06-16 05:54 PM
    I'm trying to like mine but it's impossible. I can't manually add contacts in the app. It just freezes and the couple I did get saved disappeared this morning. Tried sending them by nfc and 2 days later they have disappeared as well. I had all my contacts saved on my sim card in my BlackBerry Classic and when I put the sim in the Dtek50 MOST were still there minus my most frequent contacts. Those are the contacts I added via NFC which as it turns out was just wasted time. I'm carrying around paper with everyone's info on it because my phone won't allow them as contacts.

I have asked a few android owners I know to try and add contacts and they can't get them on my phone either. It just won't save.

Some of the apps are nice to have but I'd rather have a functional contacts app

Posted via CB10
    I'm able to save my contacts to "local". Make sure "Contacts" has the appropriate permissions to save to phone. I copied a bunch over from my BlackBerry 10 last night, but I used Bluetooth.
    Do this at your own risk... but it worked for me. First..
    BACK UP YOUR CONTACTS TO A FOLDER!
    I deleted my SIM contacts account.
    I then added the contacts I transfered to my phone, with my "Local" account as default. All of your contacts should be there. Check to make sure.
    I backed up my "Local" contacts to my SIM.
    I use �local" as my default contacts, with the SIM contacts as my backup. Just in case, I also backed up my contacts to Box. You know... in case the phone vanished! You could sync with whatever service you use (Google, Gmail, etc). Make sure your sync for that account is set right so it doesn't overwrite the local contacts and ruin your day.
    Good luck! (Pretty sure the permission thing is causing your grief). Let me know how you make out.
    Last edited by 3xberry; 12-07-16 at 12:00 AM.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-06-16 08:53 PM
    I'm able to save my contacts to "local". Make sure "Contacts" has the appropriate permissions to save to phone. I copied a bunch over from my BlackBerry 10 last night, but I used Bluetooth.
    Do this at your own risk... but it worked for me. First..
    BACK UP YOUR CONTACTS TO A FOLDER!
    I deleted my SIM contacts account.
    I then added the contacts I transfered to my phone, with my "Local" account as default. All of your contacts should be there. Check to make sure.
    I backed up my "Local" contacts to my SIM.
    I use �local" as my default contacts, with the SIM contacts as my backup. Just in case, I also backed up my contacts to Box. You know... in case the phone vanished! You could sync with whatever service you use (Google, Gmail, etc). Make sure your sync for that account is set right so it doesn't overwrite the local contacts and ruin your day.
    Good luck! (Pretty sure the permission thing is causing your grief). Let me know how you make out.
    That's good information. I had the same problem adding a few contacts yesterday. When I added them to the phone they just wouldn't show up in my contacts list but if I started to input the number in the dial pad they would suddenly appear. I have saved my contacts with my Google account so went on to the computer and still couldn't find the contacts I was looking for but was able to add the contacts then they showed up on the phone. When I first got the phone it was easy to setup as it just sync via Google so this was the first time I tried to add a couple of numbers via the phone. It's only straight forward when you know how 🤔
    12-07-16 01:28 AM
    12-17-16 10:03 AM
    Yes!

Battery life could be better and I dearly miss having a physical keyboard, but other than that the Dtek50 works great and is great value for the price.
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    12-20-16 01:28 PM
    I liked mine for about 3 weeks, then I stopped using it, packed it up and stored it because of the lack of Amoled display, RGB LED, low internal memory, (I found adoptable storage to be slow and unreliable), sub par low light camera performance and lack of wireless charging.

I knew full well of the missing features except for the poor low light performance of the camera but I thought I could live without them but at the end of the day I couldn't. I think it's an ok phone if you're on a tight budget and can live without the above, but now it seems like it's not even getting the promised monthly security updates so I don't know anymore. It's almost if they're about EOL the device already.
    12-27-16 01:36 AM
    As I read through the forums...all I'm seeing are nothing but complaints about the new DTEK50. I almost bought one Friday until I saw all the comments about awful battery life. That is very important to me and I guess a lot of folks on CB. I'm just wondered if that might be solved by a software update since the device just came out

Posted via CB10
    Mine dtek 50 is running out battery fast while using ...don't know why.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-27-16 04:09 AM
    Try a hard reset or check which App drains your battery.

Does Anyone Like Their DTEK50?-1482840545679.jpg
    12-27-16 06:09 AM
388 ... 141516