Do not disturb is stuck on total silence and unable to change. Any ideas?
    05-09-17 07:07 AM
    I had this the other week. If you mean you can't Knock off DND at all?
    Go into settings and notifications, there you can set up a custom profile for DND. Make a setting for some time in the past say a hour ago not to disturb you for half a hour Then let the phone go in to sleep. When it comes back it should be gone.
    It's an android bug apparently nothing else worked for me.
    05-09-17 08:54 AM
    To be clearer it's in do not disturb in the phones settings not swiped from the top. Create an automatic rule in the past as I say and don't forget to delete the rule after you've finished.
    05-09-17 08:56 AM
    Sorted thanks.
    05-09-17 11:23 AM
    Do not disturb is stuck on total silence and unable to change. Any ideas?
    The behaviour I've noticed is that when the time limit for the current DND ends, the software is not smart enough to turn the sound back on to the pre-DND level, so a manual reset of the volume control is required.

This seems like an annoying oversight by the programmers, that could be built into the DND module..or at least offer the option to automatically reset to previous or default value(s).
    Last edited by Ethynil; 05-09-17 at 05:11 PM.
    05-09-17 12:01 PM
    Thanks, have sorted it now as per last post.
    05-09-17 12:30 PM
    The behaviour I've noticed is that when the time limit for the current DND ends, the software is not smart enough to turn the sound back on to the pre-DND level, so a manual reset of the volume control is required.

This seems like an annoying omission by the programmers, that could be built into the DND module..or at least offer the option to automatically reset to previous or default value(s).
    I know what you mean, I can't remember which way I sorted it. It was either changing from total silence to priority or vice versa. One way wouldn't switch the volume back on.

In the case of the OP it's a different story which I first came across the other week. The DND won't switch off and the phone is locked into silent mode. Swipe down from the top and tap and nothing and you can't change it in settings. Rebooting the phone doesn't work either. The answer I posted worked for me.
    05-09-17 04:09 PM