Installing customized ringtones for the telephone is a simple process, however, I cannot find the folders / files where customized notification sounds can be installed for the SMS messenger , and for the Default Notification ringtone.

Can these be modified?

What is the path to the required folders?
    06-05-17 05:36 PM
    At the root level of the Dtek50's internal (16GB) storage create a folder named 'Notifications' and populate it with your desired notification sounds.

I use Textra for SMS/MMS and it can access custom sounds when they're so configured.
    06-05-17 06:26 PM
    You have to copy the file (audio,mp3) you want to use as ringtones to the Ringtones folder in the Internal Memory.

SihZou Z10/SihZou DTEK50
    06-06-17 02:00 PM
    You have to copy the file (audio,mp3) you want to use as ringtones to the Ringtones folder in the Internal Memory.

SihZou Z10/SihZou DTEK50
    That is for telephone ringtones, which I have already done. The other notification sounds evidently require a different approach.
    06-06-17 04:43 PM
    At the root level of the Dtek50's internal (16GB) storage create a folder named 'Notifications' and populate it with your desired notification sounds.

I use Textra for SMS/MMS and it can access custom sounds when they're so configured.
    Are you saying I have to root the phone to be able to do what you're suggesting?

If so, doesn't rooting void the warranty?
    06-06-17 04:45 PM
    Are you saying I have to root the phone to be able to do what you're suggesting?

If so, doesn't rooting void the warranty?
    No rooting of the phone is required - - good luck rooting a BlackBerry 'droid!

What I meant is the 'Notifications' folder should not be nested within other folders. Please refer to the attached screenshot of my DTEK50'S storage.
    Attached Thumbnails Customizing Notification Sounds-screenshot_20170606-165151.jpg  
    Ethynil and coffee-turtle like this.
    06-06-17 04:56 PM
    No rooting of the phone is required
    Thanks for the clarification! I'll get to work on that.

Appreciate your help.

Steve
    06-06-17 05:09 PM
    'Notifications' folder should not be nested within other folders.
    Success and thanks for your help!

The Notifications folder was already there, and, empty, of course. After downloading the desired MP3 files, I rebooted the DTEK50 and the notification files were in the Default Notification menu and in the Messenger App settings for selecting the new notification!

06-06-17 08:35 PM