I've seen some say the convenience key on the DTEK50 is a hardware button BB added to make it more BB-like the old days.

However, do not all BBOS and BB10 devices have a volume rocker (2) and a play/pause button (1) for a total of either 3 or 4 buttons on the right?
    On BB10, the mute button brings up the assistant. No net gain then if someone programs that convenience key to the google assistant.

Or is there play/pause and I'm just missing it?
    08-01-16 06:22 AM
    I've seen some say the convenience key on the DTEK50 is a hardware button BB added to make it more BB-like the old days.

However, do not all BBOS and BB10 devices have a volume rocker (2) and a play/pause button (1) for a total of either 3 or 4 buttons on the right?
    On BB10, the mute button brings up the assistant. No net gain then if someone programs that convenience key to the google assistant.

Or is there play/pause and I'm just missing it?
    BB10 also allowed you to skip songs by long-pressing the volume keys, notifications went to your phone instead of to your BT connected speakers to announce to the entire world that you're getting a notification (so damn annoying...) while interrupting your music, set different colors to different types of notifications for your notification LED, and a whole lot of other things this phone wouldn't be able to do... But hey, we all want Android to use a bunch of apps right? So there you go...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    FahedAlDerbi and melander like this.
    08-01-16 06:48 AM