Honor 8 = flagship specs
    DTEK50 = mid-range specs
    Price difference = $100

Honor 8 is definitely a better buy than DTEK50 for $100 more. Far better specs as you have listed, and Honor 8's specs are on par with Samsung Galaxy S7.
    It's $200 more, considering BlackBerry has $100 in value-add security and software included in the DTEK50. So, double the price.
    iamnixster and abathia like this.
    08-30-16 07:50 PM
    I have had my dtek reboot a few times without reason. anyone else having that issue?
    08-31-16 02:10 PM
    I also returned my DTEK50 today. I personally think $299 is too expensive for such a buggy device. The Hub functions nothing like the BB10 Hub. Knowing that the price of the Priv has dropped substantially, I'm sure the price of the DTEK50 will also drop to around $200. Hopefully with software updates the kinks will be worked out. I just can't stand how you can block a text with the SMS app yet it still appears in the Hub. I like to do all my emails and texts from the Hub on BB10 but it's pretty much useless on Android. Until then...I'm happy and content using my Z30. At least I can block texts and phone calls without them showing up in my Hub.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 08:40 AM
    Mine is going back today cause I can't hear the ring tones at max volume at work. I would wait for a software patch but I don't want to get stuck with a phone I can't hear if said patch is on the same schedule as the latest bb10 update.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 08:02 AM
    that sucks cause the software patch fixed ringing issue and battery is much better two
    09-03-16 11:55 AM
    After owning mine since launch, i've deciding that I will be selling the phone and moving to a Windows Phone. I couldn't care less about apps - I moved to the DTEK50 for productivity. I have tried to look past the terrible battery life and the low volume ringtones, and the endless android menus (see my previous posts about android's overlay nonsense), but unfortunately, the device isn't for me. I've been charging the device twice per day to keep up with me. I dread to think how bad the battery will be in another 2 years if this is what it's like right now.

With a much better battery, this phone could easily have been something special. It's a crying shame that Blackberry overlooked such an obvious design choice. And sure - my battery has improved since I first got the device, but it's nowhere near what i'd class as "good". It's distinctly average and Quickcharge 2.0 isn't that fast, due to a variable charge speed throughout (confirmed with Blackberry Virtual Expert). So that's the main reason i'm getting rid of the phone. Will I return to Blackberry? It's possible. I loved the hub (despite overlay issues). I like the fact that Blackberry will release regular security updates. I just hope Blackberry make more conscious design choices in their future phones.

It has been fun whilst i've been a part of the forums. I probably wont be around as much now!
    09-06-16 07:04 AM
    This is the biggest thing that new users to Android miss. Many (if not all apps) continue running in the background even after you've exited them. Got to control the background processes.
    Blackberry should work on a APP-program that closes all the background proceses in android and voila !!!

Please inform someone blackberry to do so , BETA TESTERS PLEASE INFORM BB ABOUT THIS
    09-11-16 03:28 PM
    I didn't know battery was that bad...ouch
    09-15-16 06:36 PM
    HI, I have just tried out a DTek, I have been using BB's for over 20 years.. Currently using Z30 on Verizon and a Passport on AT&T.. After cranking up the DTek, I put it back in the box and listed it on Ebay.. The Passport which is a Quad processor and the Z30 dual, find both much more efficient for doing tasks and several other functions.. The Passport and the Z30 with current OS10.3 run Android most all of them just fine.. suggest if you want Horsepower Battery Life consider a Passport..
    If you hav'nt tried a Passport, you may be very surprised, my wife's a nurse and hospitals are hard on batteries.. But she gets a day and half to two days on her Passport.. I get a full 12-16 hours a day on my Passport..
    Just a thought,
    Ric
    09-16-16 01:50 PM
    I didn't know battery was that bad...ouch
    It's not. The DTEK lasts as long as my Classic. It has improved with each update. My wife gets the same usage and time as she did on her Z30. The DTEK uses less battery in a stand by mode than any device I have used. If you need all the apps it's a very good Android device that is priced reasonably.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    badelhas likes this.
    09-16-16 03:50 PM
    The DTEK uses less battery in a stand by mode than any device I have used.
    That is my experience as well. However, as soon as you start using it, the battery percentage plummets, but anyway I'm content. It usually last me the whole day and I don't feel I can expect more from a $300 device. Eagerly waiting for the Rome/Mercury, though. I have to say I really like BlackBerry's implementation of Android. Except for the BB10 Hub and obviously the keyboard, the general usage of the Dtek50 is better than my Passport I have to admit. It is snappy, the browser(s) is really good, apps work like a charm and the multitasking is in some ways better than on BB10 as you don't have to hit the X on the open windows, but simply swipe them away or remove them all with one click. The more I use this device, the more I can see just how outdated BB10 has become in comparison - obviously due to the lack of support from BlackBerry. OS10 was awesome, but now it's becoming extinct.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    chockster likes this.
    09-17-16 12:36 PM
    That is my experience as well. However, as soon as you start using it, the battery percentage plummets, but anyway I'm content. It usually last me the whole day and I don't feel I can expect more from a $300 device. Eagerly waiting for the Rome/Mercury, though. I have to say I really like BlackBerry's implementation of Android. Except for the BB10 Hub and obviously the keyboard, the general usage of the Dtek50 is better than my Passport I have to admit. It is snappy, the browser(s) is really good, apps work like a charm and the multitasking is in some ways better than on BB10 as you don't have to hit the X on the open windows, but simply swipe them away or remove them all with one click. The more I use this device, the more I can see just how outdated BB10 has become in comparison - obviously due to the lack of support from BlackBerry. OS10 was awesome, but now it's becoming extinct.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I tend to agree. For such an expensive device I expect more as well.
    09-17-16 03:08 PM
    These are my positives and disappointments going from a Passport to a DTEK.
    Disappointments: DTEK battery life is poor in comparison but I was expecting that. Ring Tones on the loudest setting is still difficult to hear when there is background noise. I don't like the new Hub. I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong but I've been unable to download any Schedules to my calendar.
    Positives: Apps! they work great and I have unlimited choices on Google Play. Thinner and Lighter. I was worried about losing the Physical Keyboard but now that I'm used to DTEK this is no Big Deal.
    I was willing to accept the above disappointments for what I got in Exchange but now the phone seems to be glitching a lot. Buttons seem to press on their own (especially the Shapes at the bottom of the phone). Resetting doesn't seem to help with this. Trying to decide if I should replace with a new DTEK or if the solution is switching phones altogether.
    abathia likes this.
    09-21-16 06:45 PM
    Yes BlackBerry 4LIFE!!!!
    09-23-16 02:05 AM
    These are my positives and disappointments going from a Passport to a DTEK.
    Disappointments: DTEK battery life is poor in comparison but I was expecting that. Ring Tones on the loudest setting is still difficult to hear when there is background noise. I don't like the new Hub. I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong but I've been unable to download any Schedules to my calendar.
    Positives: Apps! they work great and I have unlimited choices on Google Play. Thinner and Lighter. I was worried about losing the Physical Keyboard but now that I'm used to DTEK this is no Big Deal.
    I was willing to accept the above disappointments for what I got in Exchange but now the phone seems to be glitching a lot. Buttons seem to press on their own (especially the Shapes at the bottom of the phone). Resetting doesn't seem to help with this. Trying to decide if I should replace with a new DTEK or if the solution is switching phones altogether.
    I just won a DTEK50...coming from the HTC One M8. I hope I can accept all the issues you mentioned.
    09-24-16 06:29 AM
    You are coming from an older Android all touch. I don't believe you will have any similar issues. As an all touch Android device the DTEK50 is very good. (and only gets better with each update)

09-24-16 11:34 AM
    By the way my wife and I have not experienced any "glitches" or self pressing buttons with our DTEK's.

09-24-16 11:36 AM
    Lastly-congratulations on the win!

badelhas likes this.
    09-24-16 11:37 AM
    Lastly-congratulations on the win!

Thanks
    09-24-16 01:05 PM
    Thanks, I haven't heard much from anyone else with this issue so I'm thinking I just got a lemon. I'll contact bb and see about replacing with the same model.
    09-27-16 04:17 PM
    Thanks, I haven't heard much from anyone else with this issue so I'm thinking I just got a lemon. I'll contact bb and see about replacing with the same model.
    It's unfortunate but sometimes it happens. Do you have a backup phone?
    09-28-16 03:27 AM
    About15 months ago, After using BlackBerry 10 (Z30 and leap) for a long time, it was about to get a new device since bb10 is dead. So I tried pretty much every android device out there only to return them. Couldn't stand android layout and felt is quite cumbersome to do simple things that I used to take for granted in bb10.

Then bought the Lumia 950 when it was launched and was quite happy for a while. Then I got bored with lack of apps and the browser. The edge isn't really that good compared to Chrome or safari. Many of my regular websites won't work properly and the outlook email app is surprisingly better on android. I really missed the BlackBerry Hub where it's a one stop for all my needs. The BlackBerry keyboard is the best in the business.

So when BlackBerry announced dtek50 I ended up buying that and quite like it so far. It's still android but BlackBerry has done a great job of making it comparable to bb10. The hub works flawlessly and it's lot less cluttered that the other android versions.

So now hopefully BlackBerry can still release other android phones even though they've just announced they are no longer going to be making devices on their own. Hopefully like dtek they'll get the hardware from other manufacturers and put their OS.

Posted from my Dtek50
    09-28-16 12:26 PM
    Are you saying that even though I 'x' out of the app it doesn't close and continues to suck battery power in the background unless I go to the square box icon and 'x' out of them from that location?
    10-02-16 09:57 AM
    How do you control the background processes? Can you program to automatically close in the background when I've closed it in the foreground? This seems like a ridiculous 'feature' to me - if I have closed the app, why the hell would I want it running in the background sucking battery life??? Closing it means I want it closed!
    10-02-16 10:02 AM
    About15 months ago, After using BlackBerry 10 (Z30 and leap) for a long time, it was about to get a new device since bb10 is dead. So I tried pretty much every android device out there only to return them. Couldn't stand android layout and felt is quite cumbersome to do simple things that I used to take for granted in bb10.

Then bought the Lumia 950 when it was launched and was quite happy for a while. Then I got bored with lack of apps and the browser. The edge isn't really that good compared to Chrome or safari. Many of my regular websites won't work properly and the outlook email app is surprisingly better on android. I really missed the BlackBerry Hub where it's a one stop for all my needs. The BlackBerry keyboard is the best in the business.

So when BlackBerry announced dtek50 I ended up buying that and quite like it so far. It's still android but BlackBerry has done a great job of making it comparable to bb10. The hub works flawlessly and it's lot less cluttered that the other android versions.

So now hopefully BlackBerry can still release other android phones even though they've just announced they are no longer going to be making devices on their own. Hopefully like dtek they'll get the hardware from other manufacturers and put their OS.

Posted from my Dtek50
    Yeah I think that's what they'll do from now on
    10-03-16 03:38 PM
91 1234