Leaving aside the app issue. I'm not an app person. The few that I need are available either in amazon or in bb world.

BB10 the best
    iOS an easy second
    Android last. Sorry

Just my opinion. Fwiw.
    No need to say sorry but iOs has the worst keyboard and no Hub abilities. Also the app store and iTunes are difficult to navigate and are segregated unlike Google Play Store. As far as ecosystem, I think Chrome Cast now is better since it is cross platform. Airplay is not...

Posted via my DTEK50
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-18-16 07:52 PM
    Someone buy BB10 and make all the app works like android or ios!
    08-18-16 07:53 PM
    Android is different from bb10 but I would not call it bad. I'm very happy with my 6p as I was with my z10.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-18-16 07:55 PM
    OP is spot on. Imagine the DTEK50 running BB10. Wow.
    08-18-16 08:20 PM
    Just to help out, you CAN set separate ring tones here. You cannot set them for each sms contact though without an app.
    08-18-16 08:21 PM
    The reality is there are limited apps on BB10 and getting worse by the day.

If you don't care about apps then BB10 wins.
    If you do care about apps and customization then Android wins. I think iOs is second to Android OS using both extensively.

Posted via my DTEK50
    Just curious why you think Android is superior to iOS. In the past five years I've owned and used smartphones with five different operating systems.

The "open" argument won't work with me, because it just means open to malware and outside attacks. To me, in mission-critical situations when you are going from app to app and communicating with others via messaging or voice in a business situation or when time is a factor, then iOS is the best.

I've owned a Nexus 4, and while the specs at launch time were top notch, I simply could not put up with all those processes running underneath that spy on you and suck up battery big time.

One thing holding me back from a DTEK50 is its supposedly bad battery life. As such, I'm holding out for an Argon or Rome/Mercury, both of which I hope have bigger batteries. Those of us with BB10 devices were spoiled by a great OS that sipped battery juice slowly. I myself realized last Sunday that it takes just one critical, badly needed app to bail on BB10 now. Luckily, until at least next spring I will be using my Classic or Q10 as my tertiary device, with my iPhone 6 Plus relegated to secondary, and probably Rome/Mercury or Priv 2 as primary.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    08-18-16 08:22 PM
    Just curious why you think Android is superior to iOS. In the past five years I've owned and used smartphones with five different operating systems.

The "open" argument won't work with me, because it just means open to malware and outside attacks. To me, in mission-critical situations when you are going from app to app and communicating with others via messaging or voice in a business situation or when time is a factor, then iOS is the best.

I've owned a Nexus 4, and while the specs at launch time were top notch, I simply could not put up with all those processes running underneath that spy on you and suck up battery big time.

One thing holding me back from a DTEK50 is its supposedly bad battery life. As such, I'm holding out for an Argon or Rome/Mercury, both of which I hope have bigger batteries. Those of us with BB10 devices were spoiled by a great OS that sipped battery juice slowly. I myself realized last Sunday that it takes just one critical, badly needed app to bail on BB10 now. Luckily, until at least next spring I will be using my Classic or Q10 as my tertiary device, with my iPhone 6 Plus relegated to secondary, and probably Rome/Mercury or Priv 2 as primary.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    I'd say I like Android more than iOS in part due to customization. I find iOS to be very controlling and cumbersome due to the routes you have to travel for something as simple as changing a setting. I also like getting equal to better computing experience for half the price. I have not found my 6p to lack security.
    08-18-16 08:33 PM
    No need to say sorry but iOs has the worst keyboard and no Hub abilities. Also the app store and iTunes are difficult to navigate and are segregated unlike Google Play Store. As far as ecosystem, I think Chrome Cast now is better since it is cross platform. Airplay is not...

Posted via my DTEK50
    Thanks just being respectful.

Nobody has Hub natively except BlackBerry. Yet only a few of us know that it's the best thing out there.

As for kb. Well. Actually prefer ios kb in some ways. Esp before they changed to the distracting and unhelpful upper/lower case switching typeface. Imagine that happening in real life, like on a computer keyboard!?

Anyway can change that in settings thankfully. Or dl a third party kb.

But no kb as great as a PKB. That's why authors are known to write books on a Bold. Not an iphone.

Not sure what segregated means in terms of iTunes and App Store. Google Play Store is separate from Google Play Music. For example. Don't see any advantage or disadvantage in terms of navigation from ios to Droid.

In fact iOS 10 on my iPhone, even as a beta, is proving to be leaps and bounds ahead of the disappointing and lacklustre Marshmallow on my Moto G.

It's unreal how bad some things are on Android. For example if a friend sends me an email to my outlook account, and if it has a hotlink in the body of it, on my iphone or BlackBerry I can click the link right in the outlook email, and it will open the browser.

In Marshmallow, it does not even appear to be a link. I have to forward it to my Gmail to make it actionable. My old Samsung S2 running Gingerbread can open a link from my Outlook account. Moto G2 running Marshmallow cannot. So much for progress.

Mais. Je divague. Je m'excuse.

Also find settings with MM to be horrid. BB10 much better. Yes perhaps the BlackBerry launcher and icons etc etc are not customisable. But everything that really needs to be good is better natively in BlackBerry. File and storage management for example. Marshmallow won't let me use my SD card unless I erase it first. I took my SD out of moto g2 and dropped it straight into my Classic without a hitch.

Sorry. I have three droids sitting in a dresser drawer unused for months. Meanwhile I'm on my Classic writing this. A Z30 on wifi not far away on a table. And text messages arriving on my rock steady public beta driven iphone, just at my elbow.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 08-18-16 at 11:25 PM.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    08-18-16 11:01 PM
    ^^. Just my opinions.
    Please take c u m g r a n o s a l i s..

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 11:20 PM
    Everything that was built into the OS with bb10........well......now you have to download an app that does it. That's the sucks part. The good part is you can tailor android to your liking. You'll get used to it. I hate it myself, but there's nothing like loading an app and having it work instead of sideloads and workarounds.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-16 12:33 AM
    I have been on the Priv since it came out and am still a loyal BB10 fan. But... android OS is so open I have mimicked BB10.
    Metal Pro - dark Facebook
    Talon - dark Twitter
    Yaata - dark messenger
    Solid Explorer - dark File Manager
    Black Player - dark music player
    Next - Notifications / Lock screen page
    All are customizable. All mimic my Z30...
    And I still have the Hub, calendar, keyboard, notes, ......

It takes time to play and customize the OS

These are my swipe shortcuts

P.S. I still use my Z30 but it's becoming more foreign

STV 100-1 AAG111
    Attached Thumbnails Compared to BB10....-67339.jpg  
    skinnymike1, Paof-7 and Avenzuno like this.
    08-19-16 01:59 AM
    Lock Screen layout from Next
    Those at bottom are shortcut icons

STV 100-1 AAG111
    Attached Thumbnails Compared to BB10....-67340.jpg  
    skinnymike1 and Paof-7 like this.
    08-19-16 02:03 AM
    @Arabianhorse
    That's good to see you can always have a slice of home with you. Thanks for sharing.
    08-19-16 02:29 AM
    I don't understand either, why everybody is complaining about any OS. You have the choice! In my opinion ,all the complains about android are a sign of being mentally stuck in old structures.

Android is not as bad as most people here say.

You just have to take time to understand the diffrent logic behind and keep in mind, that you have even more options for personalizing than in OS10.

You even have all the Blackberry Apps on android now. So I don't know, why it should not be possible to find a reliable workflow with an Android-Mobile.

There is virtually nothing missing enymore and if Blackberry has no App for the function, you will find the function somewhere in Play Store.

And everybody who struggles to much with Android: just use OS10. There is no reason to switch to Android. I'm still using my Q10. Already installed Whatsapp-Android and made some little workarounds for uploading media: it works fine and I don't see a reason to switch.
    08-19-16 02:42 AM
    Have a couple of Android phones and have been using Droids for years. Not used to it. Even using almost totally pure Marshmallow (Moto G2) is underwhelming. It was supposed to be so great. It's not. Actually KitKat was better. Overall.

No Android has been as good as BB10 is right now on my Z30. Everything just quicker more intuitive, and oh! Wow! Settings! Settings in BB10 is a toolkit. Android settings is like a kid's birthday party swag bag by comparison.
    Cool. I use Android, BlackBerry 10 and iOS and can't say one is absolutely better than the others. I find my nexus 6p to be faster than my passport.

I got used to it and now generally prefer Android. So I guess you could take my statement more as encouragement to the OP than some absolute.

grover5 and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-19-16 03:20 AM

Posted via my DTEK50
    Single main reason I have never had an iPhone. Each time I help someone with their iPhone and have to type on that tiny keyboard I get frustrated.

08-19-16 03:21 AM
    Android sucks...it really does.
    I really like the new DTEK50, but it is getting so frustrating not being able to do the simple things that BB10 was so good at. For example, managing the SD card on BB10 was a breeze. Making a simple change like adding notifications or ring tones, piece of cake. On this Android it's like trying to get into Fort Knox. I get that it's new to me and I'll get better with it in time, but it sure is frustrating. And Googling my issues I am hardly alone...

The Priv and the Dtek are the best compromise there is, if you like OS 10 you can stay with it for now but don't complain about this not working or that; on the other hand. The Android system is different, patterned more after Apple, I know when we started at my company moving over from OS 10. The people who had the easiest time either had an Apple or Droid as a personal phone than the true BlackBerry user. I too am having issues with Android, but if you want what you want and the world wants APPS than it's going to be Android or Apple, but to trash either is very short sited.
    08-19-16 07:16 AM
    Cool. I use Android, BlackBerry 10 and iOS and can't say one is absolutely better than the others. I find my nexus 6p to be faster than my passport.

I got used to it and now generally prefer Android. So I guess you could take my statement more as encouragement to the OP than some absolute.

That's the thing, there are aspects of BB10 that were better, and there are aspects of Android that are better. Really depends on each persons perspective as to how good an OS is for them.

But sadly at this point it's a moot point. Android is a growing thriving OS, and BB10 has been mothballed. Some will keep using it, maybe for years... but it will never get any better than it is today.
    08-19-16 07:16 AM
    Android is great, I don't really feel losing any productivity after moving to my first non BlackBerry phone.

I do lose privacy but so far not bothered by it. To be honest, if BlackBerry wants to get you, they also just need to add a key log feature on your BlackBerry keyboard and send your key logs back. Then all of your credit cards and passwords are at their finger tips. If you trust BlackBerry not doing that, why would Google do that when Google makes way more money from their normal business activities... not to mention Microsoft, they could easily get you in years.

08-19-16 08:26 AM
    Someone buy BB10 and make all the app works like android or ios!
    BB owns BB10, but they can't make this happen, so why could someone else?
    08-19-16 02:48 PM
    BB owns BB10, but they can't make this happen, so why could someone else?
    Maybe someone like cyanogen mod team? Samsung or apple won't bother.
    08-19-16 07:25 PM
    Maybe someone like cyanogen mod team? Samsung or apple won't bother.
    BB has billions of dollars at their disposal and were massively motivated to get apps for their platform. But BB doesn't own those apps - individual developers do, and without a huge user base or new, unique must-have features that would make their apps more amazing, developers simply aren't interested in developing for BB10.

There simply isn't anything that anyone could do to change that. The time for that was 2008-2009, when people hadn't committed to an ecosystem. It's WAY too late in 2016.
    08-19-16 08:53 PM
    BB has billions of dollars at their disposal and were massively motivated to get apps for their platform. But BB doesn't own those apps - individual developers do, and without a huge user base or new, unique must-have features that would make their apps more amazing, developers simply aren't interested in developing for BB10.

There simply isn't anything that anyone could do to change that. The time for that was 2008-2009, when people hadn't committed to an ecosystem. It's WAY too late in 2016.
    I tend to agree. They have to adopt what works and get on with it
    08-20-16 05:10 PM
    I really don't get why some of you are complaining that you don't like Android. Who is holding a gun to your head and telling you that you can't use your BB10 phone anymore? If you find it so much more productive than Android then use BB10. Blackberry is still supporting it and there is no reason you shouldn't use it. Unless you just want to complain for the sake of complaining.
    Facebook/Whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat, and many others are holding that gun...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-20-16 08:09 PM
49 12