Can the DTEK50 show this when charging the device:

1. Display if it is charging or fast charging (when a fast charger is used)
    2. Display approximate time left to fully charge

As shown in the pics from Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

08-17-16 04:56 PM
    When it is charging and the screen if off, it has a nifty green line lit on the right side of the phone showing percentage charged. I'll try to find an image. The image below is the Priv, but it is the same on DTEK.
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=DTEK+...9p9sE5gJT3M%3A
    08-17-16 09:59 PM
    I was wondering the same too. The S7 allows you to turn on the fast charging option or use regular charging.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-18-16 12:14 PM
    When it is charging and the screen if off, it has a nifty green line lit on the right side of the phone showing percentage charged. I'll try to find an image. The image below is the Priv, but it is the same on DTEK.
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=DTEK+...9p9sE5gJT3M%3A
    That green line with screen off that you showed is not a DTEK50 and does not occur with the DTEK50.

When I put the DTEK50 to charge, the lock screen turns on with the green "L". After some inactivity, the screen turns off completely with no green "L". There is no way of knowing if charging is complete without waking up the screen and looking at the battery percentage.

If the device is turned off, the LED indicator will light up when its charging, when it's full, the LED indicator will turn off. If only this (LED indicator off/on) also happens when the device is turned on, then it will better. But not showing if it is fast charging or how much time is left is not desirable.
    08-18-16 09:02 PM
    I was wondering the same too. The S7 allows you to turn on the fast charging option or use regular charging.

Yes, the S7 allows for fast charging to be turned on/off.

In the case of the photos, fast charging is turned on. Depending on what charger (fast charger or non-fast charger) you used, S7 will display if it is fast charging or normal charging. That's how one will know if the fast charger is working or if the cable supports fast charging. Without that indication, a person buying an OEM fast charger will not know if the fast charger is working or if DTEK50 fast charging is working.
    08-18-16 09:06 PM
    This green line on my Dtek50

Attached Thumbnails Can DTEK50 do this? (battery function)-screenshot_20160818-220635.jpg  
    PygmySurfer likes this.
    08-18-16 09:07 PM
    That green line with screen off that you showed is not a DTEK50 and does not occur with the DTEK50.

When I put the DTEK50 to charge, the lock screen turns on with the green "L". After some inactivity, the screen turns off completely with no green "L". There is no way of knowing if charging is complete without waking up the screen and looking at the battery percentage.

If the device is turned off, the LED indicator will light up when its charging, when it's full, the LED indicator will turn off. If only this (LED indicator off/on) also happens when the device is turned on, then it will better. But not showing if it is fast charging or how much time is left is not desirable.
    I did say the image is the Priv, but my DTEK does the same thing with the green light for charging. Whatever, I am happy with the indicators.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-18-16 10:39 PM
    I did say the image is the Priv, but my DTEK does the same thing with the green light for charging. Whatever, I am happy with the indicators.
    Sorry, my bad about the Priv.
    kitmo likes this.
    08-19-16 01:00 AM
    This green line on my Dtek50

It is not showing up on mine. When charger first plugged in, green line will light up for maybe 10 seconds. Then green line disappears and cannot be seen. Per screenshot. You can see it is charging, the battery icon has a "lighting image" which indicate charging in progress.

(The green line is not a big deal, I just need to know if the device is charging and the "lighting image" in the battery icon tells me just that. )

08-19-16 01:05 AM
    But what matters is this. When the device is charging and the screen goes to sleep due to inactivity, the LED indicator does not light up. It should light up to indicate it is charging and when the battery is fully charge, the LED indicator should go off.

If this is across the board, it is a pity that BlackBerry did not implement this LED indicator on/off for battery charging when the device has a LED indicator.

(note: above refers to when the device is turned on and screen goes to sleep (not an issue when device is powered off, LED indicator will light up when charging). That is how Samsung phones behaves, screen goes to sleep, LED indicator turn red to show charging, when done LED indicator turns green.)

08-19-16 01:13 AM
    You got to turn it on in the settings
    08-19-16 02:23 PM
    Green line on mine also shows peercent charged sometimes. Then time left until full charge comes on too.
    Right now I am below 25% and the line comes on yellow about once a minute as I am writing this and plugged in.

I am on a QC 3.0 charger, but the phone doesn't say so. I haven't seen any options to turn QC on.

BlackBerry Help on the phone sux.
    08-19-16 02:51 PM
    You got to turn it on in the settings
    Turn what on in the settings?
    08-19-16 09:29 PM
    Green line on mine also shows peercent charged sometimes. Then time left until full charge comes on too.
    Right now I am below 25% and the line comes on yellow about once a minute as I am writing this and plugged in.

I am on a QC 3.0 charger, but the phone doesn't say so. I haven't seen any options to turn QC on.

BlackBerry Help on the phone sux.
    Never seen any percent charged by the green line or time left. For that matter, green line disappear after 10 seconds.

08-19-16 09:32 PM
    Turn what on in the settings?
    Sorry to be slow in answering. Go to DTEK User Manual and go to page 70.
    https://help.blackberry.com/en/dtek5...r-Guide-en.pdf

Also the Blackberry Help app is wonderful! It has the battery info. in the Basics section if you keep scrolling down.
    spivet likes this.
    08-19-16 10:39 PM
    How long does it take your phone to charge??

BB10-Priv-S7edge-Dtek50
    08-20-16 12:32 AM
    Settings display

BB10-Priv-S7edge-Dtek50
    Attached Thumbnails Can DTEK50 do this? (battery function)-screenshot_20160820-013139.jpg  
    spivet likes this.
    08-20-16 12:33 AM
    "Show battery status on screen edge" has nothing to do with the question. That is for enabling/disabling the green line. That is as described in page 70 of the user manual.

The question was can DTEK50 display the battery charging percentage and time remaining per the screenshot. Bonus: Indicate if it is fast charging or regular charging.

At this time, I don't believe that DTEK50 is capable of displaying this, hopefully BlackBerry will put in some software programming effort to do this in their future models.
    08-20-16 11:43 AM
    Spivet I am thinking you are right in that the DTEK isn't as sophisticated at the Priv with the display features. One plus though, I am noticing my battery is lasting way longer the longer I have the phone.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-20-16 12:04 PM
    Spivet I am thinking you are right in that the DTEK isn't as sophisticated at the Priv with the display features. One plus though, I am noticing my battery is lasting way longer the longer I have the phone.
    It's the reverse for me. My battery keep draining up faster overnight over time. And I haven't installed any apps yet.

Charged in the evening to 100%, take off charger and next morning:

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge: Consistently 97% or 98% next morning
    BlackBerry DTEK50: 95% next morning first few days
    BlackBerry DTEK50: 89% next morning after first week
    08-20-16 02:53 PM