Hi,

I have had my phone for well over a year, and yesterday mine suddenly rebooted two to three times on me... all of which were while I was not using it.l It was either in my purse or sitting on a table.

Additionally, in the last couple of days, I have been receiving notifications that a "Bug Report Has Been Captured" (or similar wording - can't remember the specific wording of everything,) with the warning that it may contain private data/information and that I should not forward it to anyone I don't trust. After the second or third time, I clicked OK, and selected Blackberry Bug Support (or similar.) At that point, it needed a 10 digit tracking number which I did not have, so I closed the window.

AFAIK, my firmware is up to date (I have not received any notifications of a pending update,) but many of my apps require updates. Also, I have not loaded any new apps in the last couple days.

Any idea if these two series of events are related, and if so, any suggestions?

TIA,
    Nancy
    04-03-18 10:03 AM
    Just so I understand your situation.. so your phone is in your purse or on a table(locked?) and is rebooting? Is it still doing it?
    04-03-18 02:32 PM
    Correct - no input/interaction with it on my part at all.

I am still concerned about the bug reports that were randomly cropping up yesterday as well.

FWIW, it has not rebooted (that I know of) today, nor have any of the bug reports shown up.
    04-03-18 02:38 PM
    Correct - no input/interaction with it on my part at all.

I am still concerned about the bug reports that were randomly cropping up yesterday as well.

FWIW, it has not rebooted (that I know of) today, nor have any of the bug reports shown up.
    I would restart the phone and keep an eye on it. Hopefully it's just a one-off. If not you may have to do some troubleshooting.. ie: recent app installs, maybe update key google apps if not done already etc. If the problem still exists I'm thinking your next step would be a factory reset. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that.
    04-03-18 03:24 PM
    Well, FWIW, I turn my phone off/shut it down every night. I am not one to keep it on ad infinitum.

Also, I have not installed any new apps in the last week or so; if I had, that would have been my first suspicion.

I did do a round of updates this morning after getting to work - maybe that will do it.

04-03-18 03:29 PM
    Well, FWIW, I turn my phone off/shut it down every night. I am not one to keep it on ad infinitum.

Also, I have not installed any new apps in the last week or so; if I had, that would have been my first suspicion.

I did do a round of updates this morning after getting to work - maybe that will do it.

Ok, so keep an eye on it and if it happens again you know you have a plan of attack.
    04-03-18 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD