I am somewhat disappointed that my DTEK50 developed a bright spot on the screen about 2 weeks into using it. I shipped it on Sept 9 for repair and after a few days of inspection they decided to replace it. Sept 15 they printed a Purolator label and told me it was shipped. Today, I track the shipment and it still shows "label printed" and the device hasn't even been picked up yet.

I bought the device from shopblackberry. I am thinking this was not the best move on my part.

I wonder how many others have already experienced the bright spot on their display?
    09-19-16 03:20 PM
    Manufacturing "issues" crop up in any product.... heck look at the NOTE 7 problems.

But too you have to consider what you are buying... this is a $200 smartphone made by a cheap Chinese manufacture. They make TV's also, first remember seeing the TCL name last year, here in the US. They were the makers of a 55" LED TV that was around $300.... Sometimes you get what you pay for.
    09-19-16 03:51 PM
    This is a pretty common issue on any screen really. I had it on my Passport. It's caused by an uneven backlight diffuser which can be hard to spot in QA testing as it mostly only shows itself on white screens, and even then it can be difficult to spot.

This can be caused by manufacturer defect, damage (excessive pressure on the screen), or age. Obviously age doesn't really apply here, but as screens age they can show more backlight bleed in certain areas just due to normal wear.
    09-19-16 05:59 PM
    I have had numerous devices in my time and have never run into this issue. I just find it frustrating that something as new as this develops this display issue so fast. If it was my main device I would have been somewhat more upset but it is just a test device for me so I'm a little more tolerant. More upsetting, however, is the fact that they told me they shipped the replacement last Thursday and the Purolator tracking *still* shows that it has not even been picked up. I called the RMA company today and they said they would investigate and get back to me. Still waiting...
    09-19-16 08:26 PM
    I know some people that curiously bought Chinese phones and they didn't had any problem (I won't give any manufacturer name for not being considered advertising), but at the same time you can be among the unlucky ones. I think they are 50:50 chances to have luck with this kind of phones.
    Regarding the problem it's not convenient to have a new phone and face this kind of problems, but at the same time this is a common problem that can be found on a lot of devices (some of them are even more expensive than just 200 $). I don't like the waiting time for a warranty resolution if I will buy from the blackberry shop, that's why I prefer the local internet marketplaces because it's resolved the problem faster.

Best regards.
    09-20-16 01:11 AM